Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:30:12 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows you just quit watching « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Shows you just quit watching  (Read 42896 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2010, 11:24:39 AM »

That's fascinating ulthar.  Can you share what one of their technical questions was?  I'm quite curious, as I always figured they just did some extremely basic wikipedia style research for that show.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2010, 11:53:56 AM »

That's fascinating ulthar.  Can you share what one of their technical questions was?  I'm quite curious, as I always figured they just did some extremely basic wikipedia style research for that show.

That probably IS what they end up doing after they discover that people who KNOW this stuff value their time a little more than spending 30-60 minutes on the phone explaining something (as best as possible in lay terms) for free.  The folks that give the info away probably are reading wikipedia anyway.

They've asked about fingerprint recovery - stuff like "can you get a print off this or that" and "how would you get a fingerprint off of x."  Most of the questions were general crime scene processing or evidence handling type questions.

On one occasion, they asked me about making improvised explosives and I was VERY circumspect in how I answered that.  I told the lady that I was a bit surprised she was asking for details on that -- how do I know who she really is or how the information will be used?  Also, even if CSI - Miami, broadcasting that info may not be the most responsible thing.

So, I told her to make something up that sounds reasonable to the average person who does NOT know how to do that stuff and bear with the "no way" thoughts from the 1% or so that do.  I gave her some sample recipes that are harmless but sounded cool (or so I thought) and realistic enough.  I have no idea what they actually did, since, as I said, I've never watched an entire episode (I think I've seen the opening, pre-theme setup a few times).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2010, 12:09:27 AM »

Star Trek Deep Space 9 and Babylon 5 I gave up for pretty much the same reasons.  I just felt them dull and often walling in their own politics too much.  With the previous Treks and similiar series, the shows always had a much less confined and more adventurous feel to them. 

That and once you missed a few episodes, you lost track of what was going on. 
Sitting Duck
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2010, 10:19:16 AM »

I gave up on Supernatural around the middle of the fourth season. The first two seasons had great monster hunting stories (with the occasional misstep) truer to the spirit of Kolchak: The Night Stalker than the actual remake of Kolchak was. Things started going downhill with the introduction of Ruby for the third season (though there were still some decent stand alone episodes). The fourth season was utter crap and, from what I've heard, season five only gets worse.

I probably would have also given up on Farscape after the fourth season except that Sci Fi had the decency to mercy kill it.
venomx
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2010, 12:15:43 PM »

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. (I was never a trekie anyway)

My GF introduced me to the new Battlestar Galactica and that took over.
Raffine

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2010, 09:44:44 PM »

MonsterQuest and all those other 'reality' shows where they go off to the wild blue yonders looking for legendary creatures.

These programs would be a lot more interesting if they spent more time examining the legends and backgrounds of the elusive critters and less time showing goombahs running around in the woods with night vision cameras yelling "WHAT WAS THAT?!?" any time a squirrel drops a nut.

SPOILER ALERT! They never ever find Jack squat.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
10,000 Volt Ghost
Ancient Radiation
Bad Movie Lover

Ancient Radiation

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2010, 09:18:41 AM »

The Whitest Kids U Know. I really enjoyed the first season then they switched to a different network I didn't get. Now I get the IFC channel and the quality of the show has dwindled.

John Hancock
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2010, 10:19:46 AM »

I was hugely into 24 but by 06 or so I had a very difficult time seeing our secret services as heroes.
yeah, after the fifth season, it all went downhill from there. I gave up on it in the seventh season at 8:00 PM- 9:00 PM (i didn't see that episode either) Thumbdown

I might give up on TNA

yeah no.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2010, 10:29:31 PM »

I might give up on TNA

I've pretty much given up on TNA at this point.  Was a huge fan.  Last time I watched was in August when they did the ECW reunion. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2010, 05:54:32 PM »

I might give up on TNA

I've pretty much given up on TNA at this point.  Was a huge fan.  Last time I watched was in August when they did the ECW reunion. 
This they business was Hogan/Bischoff taking control of TNA, Hardy turned heel as well.

yeah no.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2010, 09:45:45 PM »

I might give up on TNA

This they business was Hogan/Bischoff taking control of TNA, Hardy turned heel as well.
That was a disappointment.  I try to catch it but for the most part only see a match or two and move on.  So disappointing cause I really supported it as an upstart back when it was strictly a pay-per-view business and to see them hype this big event and it's revealed that it's like, Jarrett, Hogan and Bischoff or something.  Really?  Way to gyp people outta money, there. Buggedout

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2010, 08:09:10 AM »

I might give up on TNA

That was a disappointment.  I try to catch it but for the most part only see a match or two and move on.  So disappointing cause I really supported it as an upstart back when it was strictly a pay-per-view business and to see them hype this big event and it's revealed that it's like, Jarrett, Hogan and Bischoff or something.  Really?  Way to gyp people outta money, there. Buggedout

I know what you mean, everything is in high suspense, and then, when everything is revealed, it can go down into two ways- either it'll be a shocker, or it will just be total crap. This event turned to total crap (If you saw the end of Bound For Glory, the audience threw trash into the ring. BounceGiggle) Sigh, it was good when it lasted, RIP TNA 2002-2009 Bluesad

yeah no.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2010, 10:46:01 AM »

I stopped watching Heroes after the disappointing first season finale. All that build up and then...nothing, really. It seemed like they were just intent on stringing viewers along with no real end game in mind.

I was also a huge fan of The Mentalist when it first started but the shows just don't seem as interesting anymore. I'm not even sure if it's still on the air and I don't really miss it.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2010, 10:21:04 PM »

I might give up on TNA

I know what you mean, everything is in high suspense, and then, when everything is revealed, it can go down into two ways- either it'll be a shocker, or it will just be total crap. This event turned to total crap (If you saw the end of Bound For Glory, the audience threw trash into the ring. BounceGiggle) Sigh, it was good when it lasted, RIP TNA 2002-2009 Bluesad
They really threw trash?  TeddyR

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2010, 08:52:32 AM »

Every US show I gave up on. The only one that kept me engaged for start to finish was the X Files.

I felt that show had a good sense of humour that kept it from becoming to dry, which it occassionally did.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows you just quit watching « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.