Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:46:09 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows you just quit watching « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: Shows you just quit watching  (Read 42831 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2010, 02:29:30 PM »

I might give up on TNA

I've pretty much given up on TNA at this point.  Was a huge fan.  Last time I watched was in August when they did the ECW reunion. 

This they business was Hogan/Bischoff taking control of TNA, Hardy turned heel as well.

That was a disappointment.  I try to catch it but for the most part only see a match or two and move on.  So disappointing cause I really supported it as an upstart back when it was strictly a pay-per-view business and to see them hype this big event and it's revealed that it's like, Jarrett, Hogan and Bischoff or something.  Really?  Way to gyp people outta money, there. Buggedout

I know what you mean, everything is in high suspense, and then, when everything is revealed, it can go down into two ways- either it'll be a shocker, or it will just be total crap. This event turned to total crap (If you saw the end of Bound For Glory, the audience threw trash into the ring. BounceGiggle) Sigh, it was good when it lasted, RIP TNA 2002-2009 Bluesad

They really threw trash?  TeddyR

Small | Large

yeah, you can briefly see it at 1:12 Wink

yeah no.
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2010, 05:04:37 PM »

I just ended up watching the first season of "Persons Unknown", and I'm happy to announce I'm done with that show. Forever. I have no problem with a show that wants to keep its aces hidden. Or a show that keeps re-writing itself constantly to keep up with expectations. As long as they are entertaining and they don't treat audiences like idiots. I saw "Lost" from the very first episode to the last one. And for all its declining quality, delayed explanations and cheesy finale, I loved it. But this show is just stupid and boring.

I also may stop watching "CSI Miami". I already stopped watching "CSI NY" because, as much as I like Gary Sinise his caracter is just too dry. Plus I didn't like any of the supporting actors, and the whole "NY is sooooo gritty" thing was just overkill, they ended up shooting half of the episodes as if they were a sequel to "Seven" or something.

What keeps me watching "CSI: Miami" is that despite the show having jumped the shark a long time ago, I still find David Caruso's antics amusing and most chapters are moderately entertaining. But the plots... I imagine finding more ethnical minorities for Horatio to shoot them must be hard after all these seasons, but that doesn't make situations such as investigating a murder in a wrecked space shuttle (I kid you not) any more acceptable. 

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2010, 09:47:40 PM »

King of The Hill-- I watched this quite a lot in it's first initial seasons.  Then, possibly combined a sudden lack of interest and it's constant time changes due to sports programming, I quit watching.

Recently I've been watching re-runs and wish I'd stayed.

Eh.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2010, 08:51:09 PM »

King of The Hill-- I watched this quite a lot in it's first initial seasons.  Then, possibly combined a sudden lack of interest and it's constant time changes due to sports programming, I quit watching.

Recently I've been watching re-runs and wish I'd stayed.

Eh.

I agree completely.  I think I bailed for the same reasons.  But those reruns really do hold up.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2010, 09:32:40 PM »

I agree completely.  I think I bailed for the same reasons.  But those reruns really do hold up.
[/quote]
I'm thinking about getting some dvd's of it.  The reruns hold up quite well.  From what I saw of the last season or two, the writing was still kinda decent, but it just got pushed around so much it was hard to maintain a following with it.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2010, 11:40:55 AM »

I'm thinking about getting some dvd's of it.  The reruns hold up quite well.  From what I saw of the last season or two, the writing was still kinda decent, but it just got pushed around so much it was hard to maintain a following with it.
[/quote]

I didn't really like it as much after Lucky became a major character.  It was running out of steam, and introducing a new character was a symptom.  It was still much better than the majority of TV shows, however.

It's available on Netflix streaming, for those who have it. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2010, 09:05:56 PM »

While I didn't watch it religiously (meaning I would often skip weeks even months) I gave up on House after one incredible jump the shark moment.

In what I think was either the third of fourth season, the overarching story line was a cop trying to arrest House on drug charges because House has a vicadin addiction.  The cop is relentless and finally House is brought to trial.  And the thing about it is..House is guilty.  No real gray area.  But Cuddy, the female lead doctor and love interenst of House gets up on stand and commits perjury to keep House out of jail because he's the best doctor on Earth.  At that moment, the show was as good as over for me.  House had become invicible.  He would never be punished for his attiude and now apparently he could commit crimes and get off scott free.  

The funny thing I remember about it was, I remeber at the end of the episode, Cuddy said she now had House in her back pocket because he owed her big time.  I said back to the tv-"You idiot. He's not the kind of person who will return favors-and he's got a bigger secert on you because you just commited a federal offence".  

And apparently, I was right in thinking House had survived to much without any real punishment.  I;ve read episode synopsis on line and apparently he has gotten to the point where he could take a loaded gun into the middle of the street on a clear day, start randomly shooting it in any direction he wanted, and he STILL would get away with it.

I've also given up on The Menatlist for simialr reasons.   It was kind of cool at the start  but too many of these guys never deal with real consqequnces of some fairly inappropriate, sometimes illegal actions, they treat others around them like dirt and their associates still bend over backwards because they are utterely incompetent without the head jerk.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2010, 10:38:01 PM »

I didn't really like it as much after Lucky became a major character.  It was running out of steam, and introducing a new character was a symptom.  It was still much better than the majority of TV shows, however.

It's available on Netflix streaming, for those who have it. 
[/quote]
I didn't dislike Lucky, but it was a little unneccesary.  But I agree, it was better than some other shows at the time.

spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2011, 10:39:42 PM »

Dexter- I loved the first season and the second almost made me a fanatic. Then season 3 happened. No freaking thank you.

Titan Maximum- I really want to give it a second chance, it just didn't do anything for me.

Face Off- Seemed WAY too rigged/planned. I wanted something a little more informative and in depth, not Real World.

Family Guy- I admit that I was an ever-quoting, uber-fan from about seasons 1-4, then I finally caught on. I now have nothing but contempt for it. American Dad, on the other hand, is hilarious. Seth should just put this to sleep and focus on that.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2011, 06:19:16 AM »

Every US show I gave up on. The only one that kept me engaged for start to finish was the X Files.

I felt that show had a good sense of humour that kept it from becoming to dry, which it occassionally did.

I loved the X FILES-untill Mulder left. Than I left.

I loved the original STAR TREK. Never cared for any of the spin offs. Untill! Lately-late at night-they play old TNG reruns. NOW I like it!  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2011, 08:38:53 AM »

Every US show I gave up on. The only one that kept me engaged for start to finish was the X Files.

I felt that show had a good sense of humour that kept it from becoming to dry, which it occassionally did.

I loved the X FILES-untill Mulder left. Than I left.

But Doggett only got brought in because Mulder left.

Question

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2011, 09:00:06 AM »

All things Seth Mcfarlane related.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
venomx
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2011, 09:52:45 AM »

What is that in your sig bob? A mega Bela Lugosi dvd pack? eBay?
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2011, 12:39:04 PM »

It's a 15 Bela Lugosi DVD pack I bought on-line from Barnes and Noble. It cost less then a dollar per movie that came with it.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2011, 08:14:34 PM »

It's a 15 Bela Lugosi DVD pack I bought on-line from Barnes and Noble. It cost less then a dollar per movie that came with it.

And most are B or Z movies.
BOB-I'm the biggest Bela fan here,I believe-I recommend these films: ( I'm including films I'm sure youv'e seen.)
.DRACULA (1931)
.WHITE ZOMBIE (1932)
.MURDERS IN THE RUE MORGUE (1932) Lugosi at his leanest and MEANEST!
.the BLACK CAT (1934)
.MARK OF THE VAMPIRE (1935)
.The RAVEN (1935)
.The HUMAN MONSTER (1939)
.The SON OF FRANKENSTEIN (1939)
.The GHOST of FRANKENSTEIN (1941)
.THE DEVIL BAT (1942)
.BOWERY AT MIDNIGHT (1942)
.ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN (1948)
...and of course BRIDE OF THE MONSTER (1955)

It's nice to have a fellow Lugosiphile on board!  Cheers

Oh yeah...TV shows that burned out on me-Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. When the budget got big-I left. Rangers Zeo,Morph-ugh.
I LOVED the ORIGINAL!!!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows you just quit watching « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.