Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:06:48 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows you just quit watching « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Shows you just quit watching  (Read 42830 times)
venomx
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2011, 08:36:41 PM »

RC, is MARK OF THE VAMPIRE any good? Whats it about?
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2011, 09:55:13 PM »

What is that in your sig bob? A mega Bela Lugosi dvd pack? eBay?

It's a 15 Bela Lugosi DVD pack I bought on-line from Barnes and Noble. It cost less then a dollar per movie that came with it.

And most are B or Z movies.
BOB-I'm the biggest Bela fan here,I believe-I recommend these films: ( I'm including films I'm sure youv'e seen.)
.DRACULA (1931)
.WHITE ZOMBIE (1932)
.MURDERS IN THE RUE MORGUE (1932) Lugosi at his leanest and MEANEST!
.the BLACK CAT (1934)
.MARK OF THE VAMPIRE (1935)
.The RAVEN (1935)
.The HUMAN MONSTER (1939)
.The SON OF FRANKENSTEIN (1939)
.The GHOST of FRANKENSTEIN (1941)
.THE DEVIL BAT (1942)
.BOWERY AT MIDNIGHT (1942)
.ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN (1948)
...and of course BRIDE OF THE MONSTER (1955)

It's nice to have a fellow Lugosiphile on board!  Cheers

Oh yeah...TV shows that burned out on me-Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. When the budget got big-I left. Rangers Zeo,Morph-ugh.
I LOVED the ORIGINAL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgQhyquS9Ms

Honlestly, I've really enjoyed it for the most part what I've seen so far. I loved the 3 Ed Wood films, White Zombie, Death Kiss, The Darks Eyes of London, The Retun of Candu and Chandu on the Magic Island.

I really hated The Midnight Girl through no fault of the move. It happened to be the first silent movie I ever watched and i realized I hate silent fimls. The Mysterious Mr. Wong was ok but didn't do anything for me. I didn't hate it, I didn't loveit, it was just sort of there.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2011, 04:35:44 PM »

RC, is MARK OF THE VAMPIRE any good? Whats it about?

Markof the Vampire is EXCELLENT!
Directed by Tod (DRACULA,the UNHOLY 3 ,FREAKS, et al) It's about a pair of vampires-Count Mora (Lugosi) and his daughter Luna (Carroll Borland) who prey on a family in an old mansion. But there's more going on then meets the eye! Very atmospheric,with GREAT cinematography. It's a remake of the lost Lon Chaney classic LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT-also directed by Browning.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2011, 04:48:47 PM »

Honlestly, I've really enjoyed it for the most part what I've seen so far. I loved the 3 Ed Wood films, White Zombie, Death Kiss, The Darks Eyes of London, The Retun of Candu and Chandu on the Magic Island.

I really hated The Midnight Girl through no fault of the move. It happened to be the first silent movie I ever watched and i realized I hate silent fimls. The Mysterious Mr. Wong was ok but didn't do anything for me. I didn't hate it, I didn't loveit, it was just sort of there.

I'v yet to see the MIDNIGHT GIRL. IThe DEATH kISS was blah for me-as was The MYSTERIOUS MR.WONG. DARK EYES of LONDON is the original British title for the HUMAN MONSTER-which is excellent!
RETURN of the VAMPIRE (1942) is kinda Coloumbia's answer to FRANKENSTEIN MEETS the WOLFMAN-as it has Bela as a psuedo Dracula and a werewolf too! The talking werewolf is kinda goofy though. Still-it's hokey fun!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Couchtr26

« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2011, 05:30:36 PM »

South Park, American Dad, Family Guy, CSI, CSI Miami, Without A Trace (I think it is cancelled now), Ghost Hunters, and a few others.  I don't know I just get tired of the same thing over extended periods of time.  I feel they get lackluster and don't try as hard as they do when they start.  It becomes boring and more of the same.  I think long running series aren't as good an idea as many would think.  Rather cut it up, changing crews or situations and giving it something fresh every 4-5 seasons. 

Ah, the good old days.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2011, 10:14:56 PM »

Sons of Anarchy. It started out mediocre and fell off from there. Plus, I think the whole unhealthy infant angle was cheap, it seemed like an afterthought.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2011, 10:30:34 PM »

I stopped watching Lost around season 3 too much of people getting kill for nothing.
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2011, 01:59:22 AM »

The Simpsons in about 2003.

WWE Monday Night Raw in 2009.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2011, 05:16:06 AM »

Robot Chicken in 2009.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
venomx
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2011, 10:09:46 AM »

M.A.S.H. I didn't like it. It made me sick. My mom made me watch it back in the early 80's. I have no idea why.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2011, 10:28:38 AM »

Oh yeah...TV shows that burned out on me-Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. When the budget got big-I left. Rangers Zeo,Morph-ugh.
I LOVED the ORIGINAL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgQhyquS9Ms

I managed to stay with Power Rangers up until the end of the 6th season in 1998, Power Rangers in Space.  At the end of that season, it was supposed to end, so they wrapped up the previous 6 years, had old cast members come back, old villians, they kidnapped Zordon, etc.  Then, the ratings were big enough to keep it going, and they started following the Japanese tradition of a self-contained season, where they change the name, cast, suits, villians, storyline, etc., every season.  Which I feel is the bad way to go.  It was a big hit cause the cast stayed the same and fans cared about them.  Changing it every 45 episodes=poorer quality I feel.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2011, 06:15:00 AM »

X-Files. One of the few shows I felt failed to benefit from the development of longer, more complicated story arcs. I prefered the monster-of-the-week format that the show originally found fame with. When things started to get as ridiculously bloated and overly convoluted as they did, that's when I got out.

Buffy. I loved that show right from season 1 up to season 5. After that, I felt things started to go downhill quickly and I dropped out, only popping in sporadically to get up to date and (of course) to see the season finales. I eventually saw them all thanks to the magic of DVD, and I'm thankful I was spared some of the sorry sights I was the first time 'round. Seasons 6 and 7 were just absolute vampire poop. The Buffy series finale remains one of the most disappointing and and underwelming hours of television programming I've ever tried to force myself to love. Now, the Angel spin-off on the other hand... if you ask me, that show just got better and better before ending on a high note of pure perfection. But that's a Whedonite fanboy love letter for another day.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Cthulhu

« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2011, 04:45:42 PM »

Lost- I realized that they couldn't possibly give a satisfying explanation to everything.
South park-After season 12, it all went downhill.
House-It was the same thing over, and over again.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2011, 10:45:42 PM »

House-It was the same thing over, and over again.

Personally, that doesn't actually bother me with House as much as it would with other shows. I think it's more of a character-driven show than a plot-driven show anyway. I do like how they've actually acknowledged and addressed the show's own admitted formulaic nature within the show itself (House saying things like "it's never Lupis" or Wilson noting that House always seems to barge into his office to argue about something ridiculous only to become suddenly inspired, grow silent, and storm off with the answer to the latest medical riddle at last unlocked). The main reason I continually tune is is for the character of House himself. He has a general worldview not unlike my own (cynical, skeptical, atheistic, and loathe to tolerate superstition and "social contracts") only he's much ore ballsy (and witty) about it. I guess it's repulsive in a way: I enjoy watching House because I like watching my own beliefs regurgitated back to me in a funnier, smarter manner than I myself can provide.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2011, 11:16:07 PM »

Yeah, House is as much about the characters as the plot, but with generally more interesting characters than a lot of character-driven shows. I also find the formulaic nature of the show almost makes it better. There's an established structure that they put different characters, circumstances and ideas into, and have the recurring characters react in their own ways. It's interesting to see what new twists they can fit within the structure or whether they'll depart from it for an episode, but even at its most formulaic, House becomes kind of a game. You know roughly how it's supposed to play out, but the details are different, and it becomes about guessing what will happen and seeing how close you are.

Lost- I realized that they couldn't possibly give a satisfying explanation to everything.

I wish I'd figured that out before watching the final season, and the hugely disappointing finale.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows you just quit watching « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.