Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:02:27 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows you just quit watching « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Author Topic: Shows you just quit watching  (Read 42565 times)
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 15, 2010, 10:07:25 PM »

I used to watch southpark when it had some balance and bustd on things pretty fairly. Then it got to be too much of a "Bust on the left" show and really never attacked the right as much as it attacked the left, and I got tired of it.

I quit watching "voyager" when it became the jeri ryan t-ts, -ss and attitude hour instead of anything resembling gene rodenberry's vision of star trek.

I dropped "Law and order criminal intent" after they dumped the stars because USA wants "Younger, sexier" looking actors and simpler, easier to understand, less psychological plots.

Any shows you just quit watching after following them for a while?
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 06:34:49 AM »

Watched Stargate until about season 9 then just suddenly stopped.

I stopped watching both South Park and the Simpsons, but then came back to them recently and realised that they may be even better than ever!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 10:00:04 AM »

Used to love the Simpsons, but after several disappointing seasons, I just lost interest.

American Idol. I watched it from about the third season until last year. This year, I got through the first round of auditions and found I didn't care about any of the contestants, and had no desire to invest the kind of time the show has been demanding every week. Just stopped watching and never felt the least bit curious.

Pretty much every Star Trek show after TNG has failed to keep me watching past the first season. Enterprise was the exception, although I got into that one late and it ended not long after.

Smallville. I enjoyed every season up to the departure of Lana, Lex, Lionel and Martha, managed to watch one season after that. This past season, I got a couple of episodes in and just stopped. With different people at the helm, and all the veteran actors gone, the show just stopped being interesting, and the steady unfolding on the story arc just seemed to stall.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 10:56:23 AM »

The Simpsons, starting around season 8-9 (1997).  I'll still catch an episode every now and then and enjoy them, but it's no longer must-see TV.  The main problem was Homer became a caricature and lost any recognizable humanity; they show lost it's satirical edge and just became a series of zany "jerkwad" antics by Homer.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 01:43:53 PM »

Law and Order SVU is now a bunch of stitched together ripped from the headlines stories with the scooby doo ending
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 01:44:36 PM »

I used to watch southpark when it had some balance and bustd on things pretty fairly. Then it got to be too much of a "Bust on the left" show and really never attacked the right as much as it attacked the left, and I got tired of it.

I quit watching "voyager" when it became the jeri ryan t-ts, -ss and attitude hour instead of anything resembling gene rodenberry's vision of star trek.

I dropped "Law and order criminal intent" after they dumped the stars because USA wants "Younger, sexier" looking actors and simpler, easier to understand, less psychological plots.

Any shows you just quit watching after following them for a while?

Hehe. I stopped watching The Simpsons, but that was a looooooonnnnggg time ago.

As for South Park, yeah, you're right, but I watch it anyway. Just like I still love Family Guy, and there's no mystery as to Seth MacFarlane's political views, they're very much on the left. Both shows are still hilarious, though.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 01:45:45 PM »

Law and Order SVU is now a bunch of stitched together ripped from the headlines stories with the scooby doo ending

Yep. That's the formula. I used to like SVU, but it's gotten very, very tired.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 02:55:38 PM »

too it's credit, Medium has stayed fresh
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 04:38:47 PM »

The late night line-up on NBC.
Moving Leno to 10:pm was overkill, & Last Call lost it's flavor when it changed from talk show format to magazine format.
But I have to say that it was Jimmy Fallon that ruined it for me. Watching other people playing beerpong isn't my idea of entertainment, it's just depressing.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 05:39:35 PM »

too it's credit, Medium has stayed fresh

So you're saying medium is well done? TeddyR
(Sorry, couldn't resist...)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 08:05:50 PM »

The Sopranos - I loved the show up until Ralphie died.  After that it was a serious mismash of big name actors playing awful characters. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 09:34:36 PM »

Ummm, all of 'em. I got rid of cable when I realized I hadn't turned it on in several months. As for The Simpsons, I lost interest after the third season (I think). No specific reason; it just got old. I'm proud to say I've never watched a Seth McFarland cartoon. The clips I've seen just don't do anything for me, so I see no reason to sit through a half-hour of it. South Park was kind of funny at first, but not "must see" territory. My wife and daughter both love NCIS, and I'll watch it if it's on (when we're over at my mother-in-law's house). I've enjoyed what I've seen of Psych, but I haven't seen it recently. The same goes for Eureka (is that even still on?) and The Dresden Files, which I only saw on Hulu.com and is now gone.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Hammock Rider

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 11:16:55 AM »

I simulate similar serious Simpsons sentiments.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 11:26:59 AM »

Star Trek TNG.  I gave it a chance, and it sucked. I watched almost the entire first season, realized it was never going to get any better, and stopped.  It was then that I realized that Roddenberry's highly-touted original vision for Star Trek was a highly over-rated, crashing bore.

It turned out the big bad network execs who made him change the original series were right after all.  The original series is the only one worth watching.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 02:48:38 PM »

Star Trek TNG.  I gave it a chance, and it sucked. I watched almost the entire first season, realized it was never going to get any better, and stopped.  It was then that I realized that Roddenberry's highly-touted original vision for Star Trek was a highly over-rated, crashing bore.

It turned out the big bad network execs who made him change the original series were right after all.  The original series is the only one worth watching.

I've been saying that all along. The Star Trek franchise is the only science fiction with Roddenberry's name attached to it that I find the least bit watchable. And any time he had a free hand with Trek (The Cage, The Motion Picture, early TNG), the result was some combination of slow, pretentious and sanctimonious. The original series was good largely because of Gene Coon, and the movies because of Harve Bennett and Nicholas Meyer. Roddenberry was at his best when he was kept on a short leash, forced to fight for his vision, and working with people who could ensure the finished product was entertaining. On his own, he wasn't that good.

And as for the posthumously produced shows, like Andromeda and Earth: The Final Conflict, I couldn't even start watching them, never mind keep watching them.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows you just quit watching « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.