Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:04:46 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows you just quit watching « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Author Topic: Shows you just quit watching  (Read 42574 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 06:10:48 PM »

I simulate similar serious Simpsons sentiments.

Try saying that five times fast.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 10:12:46 PM »

I simulate similar serious Simpsons sentiments.

Try saying that five times fast.

My brain's tripping over it just trying to think it five times fast.
Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 09:36:19 AM »

The Simpsons around season 14-15. They screwed up the showing of the Halloween episode twice, started it late the first time, then jumped in in the middle of it for the second airing and I got p**sed and the stories seemed to be getting weaker, so I gave up.
Andromeda after season 3. Kevin Sorbo apparently bullied the producers into dropping the original head writer after season 2. Story quality dropped badly and didn't recover. I quit watching at the end of season 3.
Earth: Final Conflict after season 1. It turned into alien character's evil plot of the week in season 2 and I stopped watching.
American Hot Rod. I realized the only reason I'd been watching it was to see that Bluebear kid get fired. After that happened, I lost interest.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 09:38:35 AM by Bargle5 » Logged

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 09:21:01 AM »

The Simpsons around season 14-15. They screwed up the showing of the Halloween episode twice, started it late the first time, then jumped in in the middle of it for the second airing and I got p**sed and the stories seemed to be getting weaker, so I gave up.

Funny, I think it was the Halloween episode that first told me the show was past its prime, only it was a few years earlier for me. The Halloween episode was always the highlight of the season for me, because they went for all-out parody and just pulled out all the stops. It was a treat. Somewhere around Season 7, give or take, I watched the Halloween episode and found it to be a mediocre episode with no particular direction, that just missed the mark in so many places. It was a letdown. Mind you, I watched the show for a few years after, but at some point, I just lost interest completely. I can't even pinpoint exactly when, it was so sudden and so complete. I'd just had it with the show.

American Hot Rod. I realized the only reason I'd been watching it was to see that Bluebear kid get fired. After that happened, I lost interest.

American Chopper for me. Somewhere along the line, the bike building got pushed into the background and it became all about the day-to-day activities of Sr., Jr. and Mikey. I stopped watching and never looked back. It was very sudden. I watched every episode one season, caught one early episode the next, then pretty much forgot the show was on.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 07:24:54 PM »

An older show called SeaQuest DSV.  The first season was a really cool scince fiction show, that really had a more hard scince fiction edge to it.   It was about exploration, and political matters.  At least for the first season.  Second and third seasons brought in more goofy elements like aliens, time travel, ancinet sea gods.  It became too much and head star Roy Scidener left the show.  All down hill from there.  Granted, the first season had it's fair share of goofy elements, like its talking dolphin.  But those elements where often kept to the outside.

I really only watched Babylon 5 during the Shadow War story arch.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 09:32:52 PM »

The Terminator series.  I thought it started out strong but then I suddenly lost interest.  The previews made the story so confusing I didn't even try to watch it the second season.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 06:50:13 PM »

David Letterman after he moved to CBS.  The show had already been declining from the salad years at NBC, but he didn't handle moving closer to prime time well, in my opinion.  He was a sharp as ever in the interviews but the writing quality really declined until I gave up.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jim H

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 11:03:18 PM »

Star Trek TNG.  I gave it a chance, and it sucked. I watched almost the entire first season, realized it was never going to get any better, and stopped.  It was then that I realized that Roddenberry's highly-touted original vision for Star Trek was a highly over-rated, crashing bore.

It turned out the big bad network execs who made him change the original series were right after all.  The original series is the only one worth watching.

I've been saying that all along. The Star Trek franchise is the only science fiction with Roddenberry's name attached to it that I find the least bit watchable. And any time he had a free hand with Trek (The Cage, The Motion Picture, early TNG), the result was some combination of slow, pretentious and sanctimonious. The original series was good largely because of Gene Coon, and the movies because of Harve Bennett and Nicholas Meyer. Roddenberry was at his best when he was kept on a short leash, forced to fight for his vision, and working with people who could ensure the finished product was entertaining. On his own, he wasn't that good.

And as for the posthumously produced shows, like Andromeda and Earth: The Final Conflict, I couldn't even start watching them, never mind keep watching them.

There's a few people out there who produce the best stuff when they're forced to work inside a box.  Freedom does NOT always make artists do their best work.  As another example, look at Frank Miller (comic book writer/artist, also the director of The Saint).  The more free he gets, the crappier his art and writing becomes.

Heroes is the show I watched for quite a while.  But eventually, just...  Blaaaaah.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 11:15:42 PM »

Shows I just quit watching? As in, was really into them for a while, then just, all of a sudden, stopped?

"thirtysomething"
"Northern Exposure"
"Twin Peaks"
"Law and Order"
"Law and Order Criminal Intent"
"Cheers"
"Hill Street Blues"
"ER"
"Saint Elsewhere"

a bunch of others...

I think that many shows get popular than turn into soap operas.  I think the second-third season is often the best and gets your REALLY hooked, then let down from there.

"ER" is a good example of this.  The first few seasons were ground-breaking, then just "blah" and very ordinary.  It lost EVERYTHING that made it good at the beginning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2010, 03:45:20 AM »

I've pretty much stopped watching anything and everything I once did.  I was a big fan of Heroes the first season....and then it just kinda dropped off my radar...same with LOST.  Now that I move every 3-6 months, it's just not a priority to keep watching anything, and if it is something I DO still have an interest in, I can wait for DVD....that really consists of Chuck and Big Bang Theory right now...

Amanda
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 08:40:22 AM »

"Twin Peaks"

Not sure why I didn't think of that one first.  The second season seemed like a betrayal when they didn't make any progress towards solving the Laura Palmer murder.  Come to find out later, Lynch never wanted to solve it (he wanted it to be a McGuffin), and the studio kept pushing him to move the murder plot along, resulting in some bad, unsatisfying compromises.

Now I wish I had watched it to the end, though, so I got the Box Set. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 09:17:26 AM »

I think that many shows get popular than turn into soap operas.  I think the second-third season is often the best and gets your REALLY hooked, then let down from there.

That's exactly it. The characters start to outgrow the story, and a growing amount of each episode is spent following their ongoing BS. It's like the first season, the characters and the story need fleshing out. By the second season, that's accomplished, but then it just keeps going. The little romances and personal subplots take over, while the writers begin to run out of fresh new story ideas.

House is another one for me, although I haven't stopped watching it yet. I just have a feeling I'm not going to be going out of my way to watch it this season.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 02:49:54 PM »

I was hugely into 24 but by 06 or so I had a very difficult time seeing our secret services as heroes.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 04:50:03 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
ChaosTheory

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 07:54:21 PM »

Simpsons - season 10, for the same reasons as everyone else.
Heroes - halfway through season 2, they were wasting the premise on bad new characters and ruining the pre-existing characters.
My Name Is Earl - season 3, I guess the novelty had just worn off for me.
House - I think it was season 4, anyway it was shortly after they killed Amber and I could see they were trying to make 13 an important character and I hated 13.
Law & Order (all of them) - they just did too much of that "ripped from the headlines" crap.
Project Runway - season 5.  It stopped being fun, they seemed to be going out of their way to find people who had more drama than talent.  I still adore Tim Gunn though  Smile
True Blood - I may be alone on this one, but marginally better than Twilight just isn't good enough.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2010, 11:41:22 PM »

At the end of season three of Sliders when they killed off Professor Arturo. After that It's became crap.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows you just quit watching « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.