Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:00:17 PM
714145 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows you just quit watching « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: Shows you just quit watching  (Read 42801 times)
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2011, 12:01:35 AM »

I can't stand House.  I'm in the medical profession myself, and watching House causes me physical pain.
Scrubs, now, THAT is worth watching.

I'm surprised, nay, astonished that no one has mentioned Heroes yet.

Or season 3 of Galactica for that matter.
Raffine

« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2011, 10:48:39 AM »

I'll give it a couple more episodes but Falling Skies just might make my "quit watching" list very soon.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2011, 01:30:35 PM »

I can't stand House.  I'm in the medical profession myself, and watching House causes me physical pain.
Scrubs, now, THAT is worth watching.

Or season 3 of Galactica for that matter.

I was fortunate in that I didn't watch Galactica beyond the pilot. As soon as it became clear that the Cylons were going to be mostly human in appearance, I lost interest. Aside from that being a tired plot device - anyone could be a robot, and they might not even know it - it's also an excuse to put less eye candy on the screen. It reminded me of the old War of the Worlds TV series that pulled the same crap, having the aliens take human form so they didn't have to actually show us aliens most of the time.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2011, 07:31:01 AM »

Smallville.

When it's great, it's Superman.

When it's bad, Dawson's Creek.

I am watching the last series though as I wasnt to see how it all pans out. And I'm sick of Green Arrow. He's just a substitue for Bruce Wayne. And so blantently so. They're not even trying with his character!

I got a shock a few weeks ago when I saw supergirl, looking like Supergirl saving someone like Supergirl does! An actual comic book character in Smallville how looks and behaves like their comic book counterpart? Who'd have thought it....

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2011, 08:41:34 PM »

Smallville.

When it's great, it's Superman.

When it's bad, Dawson's Creek.

I am watching the last series though as I wasnt to see how it all pans out. And I'm sick of Green Arrow. He's just a substitue for Bruce Wayne. And so blantently so. They're not even trying with his character!

I got a shock a few weeks ago when I saw supergirl, looking like Supergirl saving someone like Supergirl does! An actual comic book character in Smallville how looks and behaves like their comic book counterpart? Who'd have thought it....
Wait til the final episode if you haven't seen it.

And, Bruce Wayne was supposed to be on it.  But they had a hit with Batman Begins, and a bigger hit with Dark Knight, and didn't wanna put him on Smallville.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2011, 02:39:29 PM »

The Simpsons. I still lDVR it but can't get myself to watch for some reason.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2011, 09:17:16 PM »

Darker than Black

I couldn't handle just how dark (no pun intend... or is there?!) the series turned out.  It became a bit too much to handle.  A bit hypoticial of me since I enjoy Deadman Wonderland, The Drifting Classroom, Let Me In, and such.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2011, 09:20:46 PM »

That doesn't count.  EVERYONE stopped watching Heroes.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2011, 08:18:07 PM »

I used to enjoy the show Chuck, but it started to become tired and formuatic. So I just gave up on it.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2011, 09:23:29 PM »

In Plain Sight- some cop show on USA about the witness protection program.  I watched the first season or two, this season I haven't really watched.  Should get back into it.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2011, 09:38:20 PM »

I watched "House" pretty regularly for the first three seasons or so but eventually lost track of it. I still occasionally catch an odd episode here and there on a re-run but haven't been a regular viewer for a while now.

I gave up on SyFy Channel's new show "Alphas" after the second week. The promo's make it look way more action packed and exciting than it really is, the show itself is fairly boring. Besides, if you're gonna use Monster Magnet's "Heads Explode" in all of your promos, you should actually have someone's head frickin explode in the actual show!!!  TeddyR

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2011, 05:59:25 PM »

Family Guy- I started watching this back when it initially ran, in say 1999 or so.  I remember disliking the fact that it got cancelled.  Then it came back, and I think cancelled again, before being 're-instated' for a third run. 

It should have STAYED cancelled.

It's more of the same, week in and out, with no change.  And, cutaway REFERENCES unrelated to the story, aren't, you know, JOKES.  Also, I'm not offended by crude humor or offensive material.  I just think there's more creative ways to go about singing an AIDS song without it being dumb and "Shocking."  Howard Stern was a 'shock' jock, but knew how to do it in a creative manner. 

Family Guy should study South Park and attempt that.

wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2011, 07:33:44 AM »

I hate to say it but Doctor Who might make my list of shows that I don't watch anymore. Im just not feeling it ever since Matt Smith took over. Its not so much Matt Smiths acting its Stephen Moffats writing. While I have always loved the offbeat sic-fi stories and creatures in Doctor Who, Im finding these new stories very lacking in resolving the story. It seems that when ever the Doctor finds himself in a difficult situation now days the way he resolves the situation is either very convoluted to the point you have no idea what just happened or way to simple. And the sonic screwdriver has gotten way to powerful, the damn thing isn't some tri-corder or  magic wand its a screwdriver, it applies torque to an object sonically.

Also I think I'll add Falling Skies to this list. The show just never really took off for me. The characters weren't very well written and seemed very generic. The show could have been really good but it never did more than what was required for a show about an alien invasion.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2011, 05:15:00 AM »

It seems that when ever the Doctor finds himself in a difficult situation now days the way he resolves the situation is either very convoluted to the point you have no idea what just happened or way to simple. And the sonic screwdriver has gotten way to powerful, the damn thing isn't some tri-corder or  magic wand its a screwdriver, it applies torque to an object sonically.

You're kidding, right?
 Question

In RTD's era the sonic screwdriver did EVEYTHING!
And when it wasn't the SS it was parying magic nonsense.

In fact, give me one episode where the ss was used to solve the situation?

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2011, 06:43:04 AM »

It seems that when ever the Doctor finds himself in a difficult situation now days the way he resolves the situation is either very convoluted to the point you have no idea what just happened or way to simple. And the sonic screwdriver has gotten way to powerful, the damn thing isn't some tri-corder or  magic wand its a screwdriver, it applies torque to an object sonically.

You're kidding, right?
 Question

In RTD's era the sonic screwdriver did EVEYTHING!
And when it wasn't the SS it was parying magic nonsense.

In fact, give me one episode where the ss was used to solve the situation?

Yeah, the capabilities of the sonic screwdriver were always pretty vague, right back to Patrick Troughton. It's always been used as a lockpick and to disrupt machinery. Pertwee was using it to detonate landmines. Tom Baker used it to cut metal. And I think by the time it got to Eccleston, the screwdriver could be used as a remote control for the TARDIS. I always considered the screwdriver name to be kind of a jokingly ordinary name the Doctor gave to what is the time lord equivalent of a Swiss army knife - a multipurpose tool with driving screws as the least of its capabilities. And the design of the screwdriver has changed over the years, which might suggest some improvements made by the Doctor. It has been suggested that he invented the thing in the first place.

For me, no change to Doctor Who would be cause to abandon the series, because it has taken so many different directions in its history. Serials, stand-alone episodes, season-spanning story arcs as early as the 70s, cast changes every couple of seasons, a focus shifting between period settings, hard SF, gothic horror, various combinations of comedy, drama, action. The Doctor has spent years based entirely on Earth and teamed up with the military. Nothing has been permanent, and it's all served to enrich the overall show in the long run. Matt Smith's a young actor who no doubt has a plan to use the show as a springboard to other things, and he probably won't hang around any longer than Tennant or most of the other Doctors, and the show will change again. And I think Moffat's plans for the show will continue to evolve as well.

Nothing is permanent in Doctor Who. The Daleks keep coming back, the Master has been killed and resurrected more than once. The Time Lords have managed to cause trouble in spite of being wiped out. The Cybermen were not only recreated on a parallel Earth, the originals appear to have returned. That whole story about rebooting the universe could have undone any changes made since 2005.

I just can't view a change to Doctor Who the same way I would a change to another show. By its flexible nature and its long history, it's transcended the usual rules for me. You'd have to seriously mess it up to make me consider abandoning it.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows you just quit watching « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.