Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:15:55 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I had my first Dr Pepper on Saturday.... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: I had my first Dr Pepper on Saturday....  (Read 9726 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 07:39:07 AM »

Ah, Dr Pepper, or as we refer to it, the nectar of the gods. I, like Indy, am hopelessly addicted to the stuff.

Glad you enjoyed it.  Cheers

It was very nice, thanks.  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 09:17:59 AM »

Did you ever get around to tasting root beer? I could look at the root beer thread, but I'm being lazy right now.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 09:21:50 AM »

Did you ever get around to tasting root beer? I could look at the root beer thread, but I'm being lazy right now.

That will be my next task to find some: we get the Frosties brand here.   TeddyR

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 09:30:51 AM »

That will be my next task to find some: we get the Frosties brand here.   TeddyR

Please hurry! I'm sure you'll like it, but if I am going to be disappointed with your reaction, I want to get it over with quickly!

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 09:59:06 AM »

theres a dumb imitation Dr Pepper called Mr Pib
Hammock Rider

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 11:09:22 AM »

Hey Trev, are there any S.A. soft drinks I should keep an eye open for when I'm shopping at World Market? They import sodas from around the world.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
BTM

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 11:15:39 AM »

Wow... no Jolly Rancher and no Dr. Pepper?  That's a grim place you come from.

Do they at least have Cheez-Its?   TeddyR

Nope, we gots no kultcha 'ere in Souf Efrica.  Wink

Forget culture, I'd want FOOOD!!  :)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 11:29:35 AM »

Someone told me once that root beer is actually a type of tea.  That just blows my mind.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 01:11:17 PM »

THIS is the nastiest soft drink known to man:

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 01:31:26 PM »

THIS is the nastiest soft drink known to man:

-Ed

I bought some Big Red soda, but did not mentally associate it with the cinnamon gum. I guessed it was going to be cherry or fruit punch or something else fruity.  Lookingup It was...HORRIBLE!  Bluesad

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 02:21:35 AM »

Hey Trev, are there any S.A. soft drinks I should keep an eye open for when I'm shopping at World Market? They import sodas from around the world.

Keep a watch out for the YOWWW! soft drink ~ a fruity, smelly blend made from the residue left behind after washing my undies.  Buggedout Buggedout Drink

Seriously, as far as I know, the soft drinks you get here are locally bottled versions of famous brands like Coke and Pepsi and all those companys' brands. I don't know of any local brands.

Skull
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 06:47:03 AM »

Keep a watch out for the YOWWW! soft drink ~ a fruity, smelly blend made from the residue left behind after washing my undies.  Buggedout Buggedout Drink

Seriously, as far as I know, the soft drinks you get here are locally bottled versions of famous brands like Coke and Pepsi and all those companys' brands. I don't know of any local brands.

Although those brands might be different. Mexico has Coke with sugar (sold in a glass bottle)... Acually sugar has a better test in soda then corn syrup (or whatever sweetner they are using today)... Coke from Mexico and Pepsi Throwback taste really good!!!

I'd also recall hearing the size of soda cans are much smaller in Europe but cost almost 2-to-3 times the price... wow!

I think its funny how other people rip off Dr. Pepper and has simular names... Mr. Pibb (I think its now called Pibb), Dr. Thunder, Dr. Bold...

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 07:03:41 AM »

I'd also recall hearing the size of soda cans are much smaller in Europe but cost almost 2-to-3 times the price... wow!

I am your proof of that: when I went to Italy in 2003, they sold 250ml cans of Coke for 3 Euros: that is thirty SA rand!  Buggedout

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 07:17:20 AM by Trevor » Logged

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010, 03:56:33 PM »

The can's are smaller in Europe.  I guess the price is relative.  The U.S. dollar takes a screwing when converted to Euros.  I once paid something like $18 for a turkey sandwich in Paris . . . and $9 for a Coke at the Eiffel Tower.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 07:15:31 PM »

I think its funny how other people rip off Dr. Pepper and has simular names... Mr. Pibb (I think its now called Pibb), Dr. Thunder, Dr. Bold...

Here in Iowa, Hy-Vee is one of the biggest grocery store chains.  They also have their own Dr. Pepper rip-off...

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I had my first Dr Pepper on Saturday.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.