Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:54:19 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I had my first Dr Pepper on Saturday.... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: I had my first Dr Pepper on Saturday....  (Read 9518 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 09:32:48 PM »

Dr. Pepper is possibly my second favorite beverage behind the mighty Coca-Cola.  RC is good too, as is Hawaiian Punch. 
Of the bygone drinks, this is the one I miss most..

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2010, 09:44:05 AM »

I don't think anyone has mentioned this concoction yet:

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2010, 02:19:41 PM »

You know, I don't think I like the political direction this thread is heading toward. Could we stop it please?

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2010, 04:21:02 PM »

I like Big Red. At least I did when I still drank sugar. I was the only person I knew who did though.

My favorite Dr Pepper knock-off was Dr. Slice, which seems to have disappeared forever. I actually preferred it to regular Dr Pepper.

It's funny, I never really drank Dr Pepper growing up in Alaska. When I moved to Arizona I made the switch and never really looked back. Maybe it's something about hot climes.

Anyway, I'm strictly on the diet soda these days. I usually pick Diet Dr Pepper if I can't get any Pepsi Max.

And remember Dr Pepper has no period after Dr. I guess it's not a real degree.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2010, 08:42:34 PM »

I like Dr. Pepper but my favorite soda is Mexican Coke-a-cola. Its made with real sugar and corn syrup, so it tastes way better, plus its in glass bottles. Some one told me that DR. Pepper comes this way to but apparently not here in wisconsin Bluesad

Smells like popcorn and shame
BTM

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2010, 10:06:38 PM »

One of these days I need to buy a Pibb and Dr Pepper, drink them side by side, and find out once and for all which I like best! 

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Jim H

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2010, 01:10:57 AM »

Do you have MOXIE in South Africa?  It is the worst carbonated beverage known to man.  Tastes like bitter medicine.

Moxie is regional.  You won't find it outside of a relatively small geographic area (maybe 4 or 5 states?).  By the way, that's actually where the term moxie comes from - as in, "That kid's a fighter; he's got a lot of moxie."  You don't hear it too often nowadays, though.

I believe Mr. Pibb is quite rare, and usually we have Pibb Xtra.  Quite common here in Missouri.  It does taste different than Dr. Pepper, but very similar.

Also, as far as root beer goes, there is a HUGE variety of American root beers (I'd guess there are hundreds of types, possibly over 1000).  There are local and regional varieties in practically every locale of a high enough population - and there's a pretty big divergence in flavors.  The St. Louis local brand is Fitz's, which I believe is only made in one location.  It's delicious, and not too expensive at around 75 cents per 12 ounce glass bottle.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 01:14:56 AM by Jim H » Logged
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2010, 08:44:16 AM »

I like Dr. Pepper but my favorite soda is Mexican Coke-a-cola. Its made with real sugar and corn syrup, so it tastes way better, plus its in glass bottles. Some one told me that DR. Pepper comes this way to but apparently not here in wisconsin Bluesad

The only regional bottler left that still manufactures Dr Pepper made with sugar is in Dublin, Texas. The plant is pretty neat--they have an old-fashioned soda shop where they still actually mix Dr Pepper when you order it (i.e., put ice in a cup, spoon some syrup into the cup, and then put in the carbonated water). You can get sandwiches and ice cream floats there as well, and all manner of Dr Pepper collectibles. They also sell Dr Pepper in glass bottles, but unfortunately they are the 8-oz. bottles rather than the older style 16-oz. variety, so just as you get the taste settled in your mouth properly, the bottle is empty. And they're rather expensive, so I at least can't really afford to drink multiple bottles at a sitting. As soon as I can, I plan to go back (it's about 5-6 hours away) and take the plant tour--they will actually take you through the process of mixing and bottling the soda. Then I need to make it to Waco, the birthplace of Dr Pepper, and get to the Dr Pepper museum. I may be a little bit of a Dr Pepper geek...

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Luna
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 07:11:17 AM »

THIS is the nastiest soft drink known to man:

-Ed

I bought some Big Red soda, but did not mentally associate it with the cinnamon gum. I guessed it was going to be cherry or fruit punch or something else fruity.  Lookingup It was...HORRIBLE!  Bluesad
This exact thing happened to me and worse... I was stuck on a bus from Nacogdoches on a hot day, with this AWFUL drink being my only refreshment, for four hours.  Oh, I was not pleased.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I had my first Dr Pepper on Saturday.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.