Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:04:14 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies people look at you weird for liking « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Movies people look at you weird for liking  (Read 19301 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 09:06:18 PM »

There's always at least one of "those" scenes in a Cronenberg movie, and anybody who has seen them will know immediately just from the movie title.  (Quick, someone who has seen THE BROOD - name that scene!  TeddyR )
When SAMANTHA EGGAR eats the amniotic sac off of one of her tumor babies...  Lookingup  Yee-eeuh-uuhckk!!   TongueOut

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
flackbait
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2010, 02:42:48 AM »

Now I've had many people roll their eyes at me when I showed em my copy of The Quartermass Xperiment. But what I really don't get was my friends reaction when I told him I had copies of Where Eagles Dare, The Dirty Dozen and Kellys Heroes. He goes,"How can you like that old @#$@!?!?, it sucks!" I almost backhanded him then and there! Those are some of the most manly movies ever made! Of course this is also they guy who me and my friends pretty much had to force to see all the old Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies... his response to all of them was, "their okay.. I guess, they could have used better visuals though." I really don't get that guy's movie tastes.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 02:45:15 AM by flackbait » Logged
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2010, 06:37:50 AM »

Now I've had many people roll their eyes at me when I showed em my copy of The Quartermass Xperiment. But what I really don't get was my friends reaction when I told him I had copies of Where Eagles Dare, The Dirty Dozen and Kellys Heroes. He goes,"How can you like that old @#$@!?!?, it sucks!" I almost backhanded him then and there! Those are some of the most manly movies ever made! Of course this is also they guy who me and my friends pretty much had to force to see all the old Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies... his response to all of them was, "their okay.. I guess, they could have used better visuals though." I really don't get that guy's movie tastes.
Movies don't measure up to video games, perhaps?

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2010, 07:18:14 AM »

After trying to explain The Human Centipede to my wife, and having her practically run away with her hands over her ears, I know better than to tell anyone outside this board that I liked that movie. TeddyR

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2010, 07:27:23 AM »

After trying to explain The Human Centipede to my wife, and having her practically run away with her hands over her ears, I know better than to tell anyone outside this board that I liked that movie. TeddyR

Imagine my surprise when I saw that one listed as part of the closing night of the Toronto After Dark Film Festival!  I bet it raised a few comments, even with that crowd.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2010, 11:20:18 AM »

Movies don't measure up to video games, perhaps?
I don't think so, hes not a big video game guy, I think he doesn't like any movie thats older than he is, not sure why.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2010, 12:01:45 PM »

Alot of people are like that. For reasons I don't know  Hatred

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2010, 02:44:47 PM »

Imagine my surprise when I saw that one listed as part of the closing night of the Toronto After Dark Film Festival!  I bet it raised a few comments, even with that crowd.

It would have been a harder movie to watch if it hadn't been made with a sense of humour, and if Dieter Laser hadn't played Dr. Heiter as such an over-the-top mad scientist.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2010, 03:20:31 PM »

I'm usually excluded from picking movies when I'm with a movie watching group. Ah well more for me to enjoy.  Cheers

voltron

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2010, 09:32:36 PM »

I Spit On Your Grave
I Eat Your Skin

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2010, 10:33:52 PM »

Manos, the Hands of Fate. I just give the poor guy credit.

yeah no.
Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2010, 03:21:58 AM »

Strangely enough, "Dune" is what gets me criticized.  So much so, that I now use it as a threat.  :)  Most of my friends do not let me pick movies anymore....

Amanda
Cthulhu

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2010, 03:30:18 AM »

You've got to keep that pimp hand strong. You shouldn't have let him go like that.
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2010, 10:36:02 PM »

There's always at least one of "those" scenes in a Cronenberg movie, and anybody who has seen them will know immediately just from the movie title.  (Quick, someone who has seen THE BROOD - name that scene!  TeddyR )
When SAMANTHA EGGAR eats the amniotic sac off of one of her tumor babies...  Lookingup  Yee-eeuh-uuhckk!!   TongueOut

We would have also accepted "licks the afterbirth off of her newborn stomach-sac fetus thing".   Cheers

What must have gone on in Cronenberg's head back in the 70s and 80s?!?!?  If these are the images that escaped, what did he keep to himself?
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2010, 10:50:17 PM »

We would have also accepted "licks the afterbirth off of her newborn stomach-sac fetus thing".   Cheers
What must have gone on in Cronenberg's head back in the 70s and 80s?!?!?  If these are the images that escaped, what did he keep to himself?
I seem to recall her tearing at it with her teeth... and then licking it...  TeddyR  Bluesad  Buggedout Couldn't find the clip and it's been 30 years, but I won't ever forget that the scene is way gross...
Small | Large

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies people look at you weird for liking « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.