Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:39:26 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  old cyborg movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: old cyborg movie  (Read 6914 times)
Jim
« on: August 20, 2010, 07:38:41 PM »

I remember an old cyborg movie i watched when i was like 5 or 6 back around 1991.  Seems like mark dascascos was in it but i guess im wrong because i see nothing with him in it like that.  If i remember right the main characters name was johnny and at the end he kills another cyborg by smashing him into the air and it lands on a fish grappling hook thing.  Any help would be appreciated.
jim
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 08:17:10 PM »

i put this in the wrong archive :/ sorry  this is my first time on this website
GoHawks
Bad Movie Lover

Happiness is a dancing beagle.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 01:49:46 AM »

This sounds like it may be the movie Cyborg (1989), starring Jean-Claude van Damme.

I saw it in a theater when it first came out, and I didn't like it very much.  Because of that I don't remember it very well, but I do seem to recall near the end someone who I think was the main bad guy being hung up on a "giant fishhook" on a chain (I think it was really a butcher's hook).

Looking it up on the IMDb, it says that JC's character was named "Gibson Rickenbacker", and that there were no characters at all named "Johnny".  Hmmm....

Could it be some other, later, film that ripped off Cyborg?  That's a scary thought.  Buggedout

Now that I think about it, I can't honestly remember which characters were the cyborgs and which were "ordinary" humans.  Tells you how much this movie impressed me.  Bluesad

"Please do not offer my god a peanut."  -  Apu
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 07:37:02 AM »

I believe that this the movie Cyborg with Van Damme.

This is the only movie that I can think of with a Cyborg and a big hook.

I got this on VHS, I will have to watch this again.

The more I think of it, I am 99% sure that this is the movie.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
electric boogaloo
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 01:41:54 AM »

remember american cyblorg
jim
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 12:27:23 PM »

Thanks for the replies, and it seems that my memory has been crossed on two movies.  After i posted that i got to thinknig and realized this and also realized that cyborg with van damme was the movie i described.  Its been around 20 years and i think they might have been on back to back or something.  Sorry. 

The movie i have crossed with it was about a human or a cyborg or something and he had this chip inside him, and the bad guy had one too.  The bad guys was better and could take more damage and didnt over heat as easily as the hero's.  I thought really hard on this and all i can remember is that, and this one scene.  The hero and the bad guy and a girl are in a bar and the cyborgs/chipped humans whatever they are are fighting.  The bad guy kicks the good one in the face but he always had these black sunglasses on and when he kicked him the glasses broke.  It seems like the glasses had a forcefield on them or something but may have been a small kids overactive imagination. 
Thanks again for the hits on cyborg i had forgotten about that movie as well.
godzilla1966
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 06:24:42 PM »

I believe the movie you are looking for is called Drive
It stared Mark Dacascos and was directed by Steve Wang
GoHawks
Bad Movie Lover

Happiness is a dancing beagle.

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 10:54:42 PM »

The movie i have crossed with it was about a human or a cyborg or something and he had this chip inside him, and the bad guy had one too.  The bad guys was better and could take more damage and didnt over heat as easily as the hero's.  I thought really hard on this and all i can remember is that, and this one scene.  The hero and the bad guy and a girl are in a bar and the cyborgs/chipped humans whatever they are are fighting.  The bad guy kicks the good one in the face but he always had these black sunglasses on and when he kicked him the glasses broke.  It seems like the glasses had a forcefield on them or something but may have been a small kids overactive imagination.

I agree with godzilla1966, this second movie is Drive (1997).  I don't remember about the sunglasses, but the rest matches.  I haven't seen it since it made its cable debut, but I remember liking it.   Thumbup  (It's definitely much better than Cyborg, although that's not really saying much considering how bad, IMHO, that movie was.)

I don't know why I didn't think of this movie when you originally mentioned Mark Dacascos and cyborgs.  I certainly should have.   Bluesad  I guess I just got tunnel vision once I read about the "fish hook".

"Please do not offer my god a peanut."  -  Apu
Jim
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 01:47:11 AM »

Drive is it thanks so much.   I could have sworn i watched it as a small child but i guess i was a little older.  And yes it was a much better movie than cyborg, i think i watched them back to back and got them switched around a little.  Thanks so much, ive been trying to figure this movie out for at least three years now :D
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  old cyborg movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.