Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:45:43 AM
714233 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Odd Quirks (Vol 2) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: Your Odd Quirks (Vol 2)  (Read 22351 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: August 28, 2010, 08:27:55 PM »

A while back we had a thread about people's odd quirks.  Once again, instead of digging it up I figured I'd make a fresh start.   New one for me while I learned on vacation.

I am skeeved out by hotel rooms.  Not referring to the "charge by the hour" type either.  Rather any hotel, even the nicest ones.  I don't like walking around barefoot in them and I don't like the sheets they have either in their beds.  This last stay I literally slept in my clothing because it made me feel...well...more comfortable.   Question  I also can't stand the smell of them either.  I think souly it comes down to I only like my house when it comes to sleeping/bathing quarters. 

Speaking of the above "sheets" comment, I hate hate hate cotton sheets.  I prefer to use the jersey or flannel. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 09:29:51 PM »

I belch the names of all seven continents at least once a day.  Don't ask me why!

(No, not all in one belch.  I'm good, but not that good!)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 10:21:51 PM »

This last stay I literally slept in my clothing because it made me feel...well...more comfortable.   Question  I also can't stand the smell of them either.  I think souly it comes down to I only like my house when it comes to sleeping/bathing quarters. 

I have the same feelings about hotel beds.  My mom told me some horror stories about hotels so the first night I always cautiously touch everything like it's covered in poo and sleep in pajama pants, but if all goes well, I'm pretty comfortable by the second night.  However, while we were on our minivacation last week, I got really freaked out because I went to bed in my pj pants and woke up with them off! They were tossed up on the lamp shade and I don't remember doing it, and I was really cold all night so I don't think I did it in a fit of hot desperation.

I can't poop in public bathrooms.  Some of my friends are the same, but lots of other people think it's really weird.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 10:38:48 PM »

I like to not eat lunch then go for a 5 mile run on an empty stomach, come back and pound a can of malt liquor.
3mnkids

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 11:29:13 PM »

I must have a fan going in order to sleep. Even when its below zero outside I still have my fan on.

My toes(not feet, just toes) must be hanging off the foot of the bed before I can fall asleep.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 02:15:59 AM »

I must have a fan going in order to sleep. Even when its below zero outside I still have my fan on.

My toes(not feet, just toes) must be hanging off the foot of the bed before I can fall asleep.

I'm the same exact way with fans!  It's partly the feeling, but mostly the noise. I've gotten so used to it, I have trouble sleeping without a fan.

I can't poop in public bathrooms.  Some of my friends are the same, but lots of other people think it's really weird.

I can, (only if it's a total emergency, but not if it's really gross) but I always feel depressed and freaked out.

Oh! I have a creepy sort-of public bathroom story! 

My brother was staying in a rural hostel and was using the toilet (this was about 12:30 am) when the lights went out in the bathroom! On top of this he heard creepy string music playing faintly from another room. On top of all that before the lights went out he saw threatening and satanic graffiti all over the stall!  The really horrible part is I would still rather use the bathroom in that hostel in that same situation, than the bathroom in my local Walmart 99% of the time.

As for my odd quirks:

I have to wear my glasses all day long and I hate for them to be sliding down my nose. As a result I push them so far up they sometimes mash into my face and irritate my skin.  As a matter of fact, I actually broke one pair of glasses in half by pushing on the nose-piece too many times!

I'll think of more quirks later.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 09:36:33 AM »

I can't poop in public bathrooms.  Some of my friends are the same, but lots of other people think it's really weird.
I have no problem if the environment is clean.  Nothing I hate more is walking into a stall that has p!ss all over the place and sh!t splatters where no man should ever get them. I've already written a blog entry on this though.  

I do however have to do a few things before doing using a restroom for pooping purposes;

1.) Flush the toliet multiple times.
2.) Lay down the "safety guard"...aka toliet paper on the rim.
3.) Lay down "safety netting"...aka toliet paper in the bowl to prevent splash backs.  I find there is nothing worse than having water up your arse from a bowl that many have used before you.

I do however, even at home, prefer to have no one around me when I'm doing my thing.

DarkSider's Realm

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 11:31:02 AM »

Another bathroom quirk:

I HATE using the bathroom after somebody has just showered. I'll hold it in to the point of causing pain and then some, if I have to.  I hate the steamy hot feeling. 

I LOVE it when the bathroom is dry and freezing cold. My dream toilet would probably be made out of some kind of ice.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 11:34:09 AM »

Another bathroom quirk:

I HATE using the bathroom after somebody has just showered. I'll hold it in to the point of causing pain and then some, if I have to.  I hate the steamy hot feeling. 

I LOVE it when the bathroom is dry and freezing cold. My dream toilet would probably be made out of some kind of ice.
Yep, same here.  Another one,  I absolutely turn away in horror if I'm at someone's house and they have a cushion toliet seat.  My mother in law has one and I'd probably rather cr@p myself than to use it. 

DarkSider's Realm

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 11:38:01 AM »

Another bathroom quirk:

Yep, same here.  Another one,  I absolutely turn away in horror if I'm at someone's house and they have a cushion toliet seat.  My mother in law has one and I'd probably rather cr@p myself than to use it. 

The cushioned toilet seats are pretty gross feeling!

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 12:49:24 PM »

Cooking quirk:

I don't mind preparing and handling ground beef or ground turkey in the slightest.

However, I really hate preparing and handling raw chicken breasts! I guess it's because chicken actually feels like flesh, but ground meat feels like clay or something else fun.

I also hate the sound of cutting through raw chicken!

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 01:41:27 PM »

I water down my orange juice. for some reason the idea of an entire glass of juice is just pure decadence to me
Jim H

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 02:34:57 PM »

I have a chewed up mechanical pencil in between my teeth right now.  Sometimes having it there and slightly biting on it help me think.  So whenever I'm working on something that requires significant thought like video editing or posting on forums, I often grab it and bite on it.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 09:38:19 PM »

I canNOT were anything that has yellow on it, for some reason, I get sick while wearing yellow. Also, I have to wear black or blue clothing, as in it helps me think better  Question

yeah no.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 10:20:37 PM »

I don't find anything odd about them, but I've been told that it's odd to:
1.) Use mustard as a seasoning when making Tuna Fish sandwiches.
2.) Use mustard on a Tomato sandwich (apparently it's supposed to be MAYO.)
3.) Using ketchup instead of Gravy when eating Turkey at Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Also, I'm somewhat OCD and wash my hands a couple hundred times a day.  Trying to make a sandwich is an utter chore cause I'll touch the plastic the bread is in, wash my hands, touch the peanut butter jar, wash my hands, etc. 

The random counting and everyhing having to be in patterns or a numbered amount.  If I touch something, and if I'm thinking of a number, I have to touch said thing that many times (if, for example, my boss says he needs 20 of something to someone else, and I'm somewhere else, I have to touch said thing 20 times.) Quite sad, really.

I'm 26 and readily admit to being a Weird Al fan. 

And, oddly enough, despite my obsession with cleanliness, I have no problems sleeping in motel rooms.  Despite reports on tv about how many of them are in bad shape.  Why I can, I dunno.  Granted, I'll shower like, 5 times while in said room, but still. Buggedout

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Odd Quirks (Vol 2) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.