Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:10:52 PM
713373 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Odd Quirks (Vol 2) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Your Odd Quirks (Vol 2)  (Read 22028 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2010, 09:42:38 PM »

I can't poop in public bathrooms.  Some of my friends are the same, but lots of other people think it's really weird.

Me neither.. if I have no choice, if I'm going to burst at any second, I get a paper towel wet and pour soap on it and SCRUB the seat before sitting down and going.  Bleck!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2010, 07:00:58 AM »

On certain pants I feel a need to iron my pants pockets. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2010, 07:44:04 AM »

Well, you all know about my underpants, so...........  Buggedout Buggedout Wink

Other quirks:

1. I'm right handed, but I wear my watch on my right wrist. Always have.

2. When I play cricket, I always carry my bat in my left hand.

3. I go to sleep with my left leg tucked up under my right leg: this makes for interesting (and painful) wakeups.

4. I never, ever eat anything in the cinema ~ after I've seen the movie, yes. This comes from my being a projectionist too: grease marks on a film + chocolate stains = buggered up film. I wear gloves when screening a film.

5. I like to dress nice in spite of the fact that I am really not good looking at all.

6. My DVDs and VHSs are all in title order and my books in author order.

7. Some people think it is damn strange that I have a good connection to kids. I don't. Kids like me: deal with it.

8. I have never driven a left hand drive car or driven legally on the right hand side of the road. I can't imagine that it would be much different to driving here.

My most important 'quirk' is this:

I was and am a child of extreme and violent abuse: that stops with me.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 07:49:50 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2010, 09:33:28 AM »

Good man.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2010, 12:34:06 PM »

hi
In the 17yrs that my wife and i have been living together i have never gone to bed before her,

I have an annoying habit of making up "pet" names for people,then i always call them by this name..for example my eldest daughter is named Catrina,yet i always call her "T"
To my wife's and children's embarrassment i always go through my tai-chi routine in our front garden..

I have a wicked sense of humour and sometimes my pranks are not appreciated.

I never wear anything in bed, no matter how cold it may be..

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2010, 12:52:12 PM »

Every night before I go to sleep, I must check under my pillows to see if any bugs are there. Actually when I was a little kid, an ant crawled into my ear while I was asleep. Luckily I hooked it out because it woke me with its buzzing noise. Every since then, I must check under the pillows. Actually I've woken up in the past as well and I've found a spider on my pillow. Having a bit of arachnophobia, this also is another reason for me checking as that pillow was sent flying through the air and as far away from me as possible at that time.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2010, 02:07:07 PM »

Unless it's particularly cold, I prefer to sleep without covers.

I also prefer to have fans going in the house, although it's mostly the noise of cooling fans on multiple computers. There's nowhere in the house you can't hear something running - a fridge, a freezer, a computer. If the power goes out and the house is silent, I find it very unsettling. The quiet whirr of machines is just what I'm used to.

Doors in public places I always push open with an elbow or a forearm, and pull with the outside fingers of my hand - pinky and ring. I don't like using urinals, and will always hold out for the privacy of a stall. I always use my toe to lift the seat before peeing. I will only sit on a public toilet in an extreme emergency.

Dishes, glasses, cutlery have to be spotless. I'm the guy in the restaurant polishing the cutlery with a napkin. I am meticulous when loading a dishwasher.

I don't like having hair. I don't feel clean unless I'm clean shaven up there. Not a Howie Mandel germophobe thing, but just having kept a shaved head for so many years, I don't like the way hair feels or looks. Used to be I just liked the bald head better, but now I actually don't like hair. I like it fine on other people, just not on me. It's only head hair this applies to. A scruffy four-day beard doesn't bother me, but that much head stubble is unacceptable.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2010, 02:12:34 PM »

I shave my head. If I don't I get headaches. I would love to just let it grow but would be in constant pain if I did.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2010, 02:18:08 PM »

I also prefer to have fans going in the house, although it's mostly the noise of cooling fans on multiple computers. There's nowhere in the house you can't hear something running - a fridge, a freezer, a computer. If the power goes out and the house is silent, I find it very unsettling. The quiet whirr of machines is just what I'm used to.

That's funny. I was in the Navy, and on board ship, the constant drone of the ships engines and systems is constant. If the ship goes dead in the water, you know it instantly. Such an event will raise the deepest sleeper from his deepest slumber abruptly and instantly. Sleeping in what they call "coffin racks," with the bottom of the rack above you about 2 feet from your head makes that experience particularly interesting. I had a friend who showed up to muster in the morning with a nice welt on his forehead. The night before the ship's engines had shut down while he was sleeping on his back. He rose up so abruptly that he smacked his forehead on the bottom of the rack above him. Ouch!

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2010, 02:40:24 PM »

Good man.

Agreed! Very admirable!

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2010, 06:52:44 PM »

1. I'm right handed, but I wear my watch on my right wrist. Always have.

I'm left handed for writing, but right handed for everything else...when I assume the position of 'air-guitar' (everyone has done this at some point, come on) I automatically play left handed, yet I have been playing the actual guitar since I was about 12 and can only play right handed. using scissors, tennis racket, everything else, right handed. but I can only write left handed.

talking of odd quirks though, I have never seen my step-dad eat an apple without using a knife and fork, and a plate. who the hell uses a knife and fork to eat an apple? my stepdad. known him for over 20 years never seen him eat an apple without a knife and fork. don't know anyone else who does this.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2010, 07:58:36 PM »

Following up on some of these responses;

Like Andy C I do the pinky door opening thing.  Like Jase I wash my hands a lot.   I don't leave my workplace without washing my hands.

HOWEVER, here is the oddity of my situation.  There are simply things out there that involve germs and dirt I don't mind doing at all.  I love going fishing and will touch worms/fish no problem.  I can clean a fish no problem and honestly probably wouldn't have an issue working at a slaughterhouse.   I love gardening and touching the earth.  

People who know me at work as the obsessive hand sanitizing guy find this odd.  I think my fear centers around the germs people carry.  If someone walks by me and coughs I cringe.  If one of the kids has diarrhea I worry day and night about getting it.  

The dominant hand situation I'm odd in too.  I write with my right hand and hold tools/utensils.  I use my left for throwing and holding heavy items.  I find I favor the left side when holding my kids.  The right completely throws me off for some reason.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2010, 08:30:34 PM »

As for the right/left hand thing, I am right-hand dominant, but I am nearly ambidextrous in a lot of ways. I can only clean my glasses with my left hand. I cut my meat left-handed. I golf right handed but putt left handed. My left arm is slightly stronger than my right arm, and I have better distance vision in my left eye.

In other areas, I have apparently always showered backwards. That is, I apply soap to my body and then use a wash cloth to scrub it off. I never knew this was backwards until I got married. It just made sense to me to scrub the soap off with the cloth, not put soap on the cloth and then rinse it off. Also, I hate yard work enough to let my house look like it's abandoned. I've even got a riding mower, but I still hate having to get out and cut grass. And forget about trimming trees.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2010, 09:56:48 PM »

HOWEVER, here is the oddity of my situation.  There are simply things out there that involve germs and dirt I don't mind doing at all.  I love going fishing and will touch worms/fish no problem.  I can clean a fish no problem and honestly probably wouldn't have an issue working at a slaughterhouse.   I love gardening and touching the earth.

I don't mind dirt at all, or handling animals or getting up to my elbows in a greasy, dirty car engine. I like big, sloppy dog kisses. My hangup is also with human germs, carried on hands and sprayed by sneezes and left on bathroom surfaces and payphones and door handles. Not so much at home or at work, but definitely in public places. Food waste and dirty dishes too.

I also don't like shaking hands, particularly when it's expected of me and not doing so is a slight against the other guy. I hate being put on the spot like that. It used to bug me at church a few years back, when we'd be obliged to stand up and shake hands with everybody around us at some point in each service. Middle of cold and flu season, health department issuing warnings,  room full of old people who can't afford to catch anything, you can hear coughs and sniffles scattered around the sanctuary when everything is quiet. What did we do? Spread what was on everybody's hands onto everybody else's hands. They were even kind enough to print in the bulletin that we didn't have to participate, which didn't amount to a hill of beans when you're suddenly faced with a pew of smiling people sticking out their hands. I'm not going to be the jerk who refuses.

Somebody had the sense to suspend that custom during a flu outbreak, and I suggested to my wife (great being married to the minister) that it not be reinstated for all of the above reasons.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2010, 10:55:00 PM »

I have to constantly move.  For example: in the rare times I'm sitting down, either I'm bouncing my knees up and down, or just tapping my foot, or bouncing my arm up and down (banging my fist.) 

I don't like sitting down.  At all.  The rare times I do, it's when I'm on the computer.  I've got a friend, whom I've known since 1st grade, and his parents have yet to see me sit down at their house.  Mind you, I've known them going on 19 years now.

I guess an odd quirk would be my general disregard for sleep.  I'm the kinda person who will stay up to like, 4 or 5 AM, even if I have to be up at 7 for work the next day. 

Apparently, as an ITALIAN, it's a crime to not like cheese.  Which makes for interesting conversation at birthdays/holidays when the Italian side of the family prepares all these pasta dishes and whatnot with cheese (lasagna and the like), and I'll walk in and either NOT eat, or just settle for like, salad.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Odd Quirks (Vol 2) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.