Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:56:10 PM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Odd Quirks (Vol 2) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Your Odd Quirks (Vol 2)  (Read 22030 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2010, 07:57:17 AM »

I like to lay on the floor. I'll be watching TV on the couch, and in the process of getting comfortable, I'll usually end up on the floor.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2010, 04:07:57 PM »

I ain't going anywhere near the floor unless it was just cleaned. I do have an aversion to dirt and the outdoors in particular (even though I often work there?!). If food falls or goes anywhere near the floor, I throw it out. I don't like anything greasy or messy at all although like I said, I sometimes nevertheless work in that environment and basically gulp and do what I got to do so to speak.

For some reason, I kind of got into doing John Cena's "You Can't See Me" wave and now I find myself doing it more often than I initially realized. I also rub my hands together sometimes the way people do when trying to get warm, especially if I get excited watched an action movie or monster movie for example.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2010, 05:27:23 PM »

I will let my hands crack and bleed in the winter before I'll put lotion on them. I hate hand lotion. While I don't mind getting my hands dirty or greasy, I don't like leaving anything greasy on my hands. Gotta wash it off at some point, so my hands are clean and dry. Normally that's not a problem, except for hand lotion.

---------------------
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2010, 05:55:54 PM »

I apparently have a bit of an odd accent. It's not a typical western Canadian one (those are actually very easy to understand, even if you've never heard it before). It...um...I think it's from growing up hearing a mix of western Canadian, Quebecois, Ukrainian, and a regional semi-German accents on top of having what I suspect is a slight speech impediment (not stuttering or anything, I just sometimes seem to trip over my own tongue).

I have to do something with my hands almost all the time. Otherwise I get antsy and distracted. When I sit down to watch a movie, for example, I usually either have a sketch pad with me so I can draw or I'll have a bowl of plain popcorn nearby.

My sister is currently convinced that I have no sense of humour since I generally don't laugh out loud at jokes (I'm more of a chuckler) and I tend not to tell jokes (although some people seem to think that I can write and draw them just fine from time to time).
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »

I always stu-stu-stutter A LOT.
If my fingers bleed, I won't put a band-aid on it, except when it's serious.
If I have to type an assignment, I HAVE to listen to music.
I always have a song playing in my head.

yeah no.
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2010, 07:25:30 PM »

I don't drive, so I tend to cycle everywhere. but... when I'm cycling along a country road and a car comes along, for some reason I have to try and make eye contact with the driver. I can't put my head down and just cycle along. When I'm cycling along a busy main road, I have to consciously force myself to stare straight ahead, which always feels very weird because my instinct is to try and turn my head to make eye contact with the driver of every single car that passes in the opposite direction. not sure why. - when I'm walking along in town I can quite happily ignore everyone going by...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2010, 08:03:35 PM »

I have the strangest habit... I seem to enjoy bad movies.

What about you guys?

-Jimmybob

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2010, 08:06:08 PM »

My sense of humor is dark and my delivery is usually dryer than a desert.  People very seldom get me right away.

Along the same lines, I don't smile much.   I actually don't like smiling.   People often say I come across as unapproachable, which I should point doesn't mean I'm unfriendly. I just don't feel a need to beam when I see/meet someone.  

This is no big secret on this board but I absolutely, positively HATE Christmas.  

Circuses make me feel greatly uncomfortable.   I find the performers just...well...odd.  Kind of like those people you shy away from at the bus stop.  I feel the same about carnival game/ride operators.   Don't get me started on the clowns either.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2010, 09:53:35 PM »

Along the same lines, I don't smile much.   I actually don't like smiling.   People often say I come across as unapproachable, which I should point doesn't mean I'm unfriendly. I just don't feel a need to beam when I see/meet someone. 

Same thing here. I do like smiling, it's just not something I think to do unless something makes me smile.

I also don't really do small talk well. I can't do conversation for its own sake. I don't initiate it, and I respond to it at face value. Somebody says it's a nice day, I say "Yes, it is." They ask how I am, I say "Fine." My wife has told me more than once I was rude to somebody who tried to engage me in conversation, and I really didn't have the foggiest idea that's what he was doing. Fortunately, my wife is a warm, extroverted person with well developed social skills and a grasp of etiquette. I hide behind her as much as possible.

I've always been a shy person, especially in one-on-one social situations. I'm generally pretty reserved, and I tend not to speak unless I have something to say. People have actually thought I disliked them because of this. In fact, I'm more reserved if I meet somebody I do like, because I care what they think of me. I've been told people found me intimidating. I've been called stern, standoffish and mean. I once had a new reporter lodge a formal complaint because I was such a hard and unfriendly boss. Back when I was a regular at my hometown bar, one of the waitresses actually yelled at me because I was always mean to her. Those are the extreme examples. and they hurt, after the initial shock wore off. Usually, I'm completely unaware. (I should note that with the waitress, I had a few drinks in me, so I out and said "I'm not friendly back to you because I'm shy and you're an attractive woman. I'm afraid of you." That stopped her in her tracks.)

People who know me better just accept my quiet nature, and I think my reputation is generally good. And once I do get to know somebody, I open up more anyway. It's just getting past the initial awkwardness. Again, my wife's outgoing nature often helps. Kids and animals actually seem to like me better because I am quiet and not in their faces.

The odd thing is, I had no problem doing my job as a reporter. I could call people up and ask them questions, go to their homes and businesses and talk to them just fine. I had a purpose and something specific to talk about, so it was easy. And being polite and professional seemed to count as much to people as being warm and outgoing. Same with my current business. People come into the shop looking for something, and I help them. No problem.

Public speaking is another thing I've never had trouble with. Put me in front of a hundred people with a topic and some notes to glance at, and I'm fine. I'll make a speech, I'll answer questions, I'll verbally attack the mayor, and I'll enjoy every minute of it. I used to appear occasionally on a half-hour regional TV show where four professional people sat in the corners of a miniature boxing ring and argued on a series of topics we were given. I held my own, and won for best comment of the day several times.

Just don't stick me in a room with one stranger and nothing to talk about and expect me to interact. Can't do it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:32:18 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2010, 09:53:57 PM »

Normally, if I get hurt in some capacity, I tend to like it.  Like, I'm an obsessive hand washer, and in the winter the hands get very dry and crack, the skin breaks, and tends to bleed.  Instead of like, not washing my hands, I do it more often.  I had a door slammed in my head at work, and got a deep gash over my eye that required stitches.  I just laughed.  Sounds kinda psychotic, but eh.  

Ketchup goes well with everything: fish, turkey, chicken, pancakes, potatoes, corn, beans, anything edible.

I eat tomatoes whole.  And I'm amongst those who consider them a fruit, not a vegetable, in that whole debate.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2010, 06:50:58 AM »

What about you guys?

-Jimmybob

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2010, 07:29:02 AM »

What about you guys?

-Jimmybob

Freak!

---------------------
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2010, 07:30:15 AM »

What about you guys?

-Jimmybob

WE MUST THROUGH YOU IN A NUT HOUSE! BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

yeah no.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2010, 07:41:34 AM »

What about you guys?

-Jimmybob

What's a "bad movie"?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2010, 07:43:09 AM »

What about you guys?

-Jimmybob

What's a "bad movie"?

I don't know BounceGiggle

yeah no.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Odd Quirks (Vol 2) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.