Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:59:05 AM
713328 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Odd Quirks (Vol 2) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: Your Odd Quirks (Vol 2)  (Read 22017 times)
Sleepyskull
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Well,well,well...

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 11:52:34 PM »

I don't find anything odd about them, but I've been told that it's odd to:
1.) Use mustard as a seasoning when making Tuna Fish sandwiches.
2.) Use mustard on a Tomato sandwich (apparently it's supposed to be MAYO.)
3.) Using ketchup instead of Gravy when eating Turkey at Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Also, I'm somewhat OCD and wash my hands a couple hundred times a day.  Trying to make a sandwich is an utter chore cause I'll touch the plastic the bread is in, wash my hands, touch the peanut butter jar, wash my hands, etc. 

The random counting and everyhing having to be in patterns or a numbered amount.  If I touch something, and if I'm thinking of a number, I have to touch said thing that many times (if, for example, my boss says he needs 20 of something to someone else, and I'm somewhere else, I have to touch said thing 20 times.) Quite sad, really.

I'm 26 and readily admit to being a Weird Al fan. 

And, oddly enough, despite my obsession with cleanliness, I have no problems sleeping in motel rooms.  Despite reports on tv about how many of them are in bad shape.  Why I can, I dunno.  Granted, I'll shower like, 5 times while in said room, but still. Buggedout

Those things are all definitely unusual to a certain extent, but rest assured none of them are wrong.

I know you hate mayo and I like it, but I will often use mustard in tuna sandwiches or a mixture of both mustard and mayo.

On related note to the turkey and ketchup situation:  I love crab, but I used to eat crabcakes with ketchup and mustard, which grosses a lot of people out.  I've since grown to like other things, but I still like ketchup and mustard.

A note about Weird Al and humor and general: I think people need to lighten up! I think it's really cool that you like Weird Al! It shouldn't matter what age you are; people should be allowed and encouraged to like what they like, whether it's cartoons, kids movies, sports, pop music, and whatever else!

On a similar age and fun note:

(This will probably not be as quirky on this forum as it would be with most people I know)  I'm 18 and I still LOVE Halloween!  I see nothing wrong with an adult dressing up! Just because you're doing something children love, it does not mean you have to act immature or stupid! I don't trick or treat, but I love decorating the house and getting in the Halloween spirit!  If I had my way I would allow anybody who wanted to trick or treat to do so, regardless of age!

Okay, I'm finished! Sorry about the rants!

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 11:55:27 PM »

LOL I'm 26 and I love Halloween (not so much the dressing up, but more the aesthetics). I collect things with pumpkins, bats or any Halloween theme. Think it comes with being a horror movie fanatic..... Cheers

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 07:25:01 AM »

LOL I'm 26 and I love Halloween (not so much the dressing up, but more the aesthetics). I collect things with pumpkins, bats or any Halloween theme. Think it comes with being a horror movie fanatic..... Cheers

If I had my way modern Halloween would be considered a holiday!

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 09:40:19 AM »

I have this belief that 99% of all people, while not actually being OCD, have at least one quirk or trait that is at least borderline.

I have this thing where any time I drink from a disposable drink cup, the seam has to be facing away from me. If it's a fast food cup no problem, I just have to rotate the cup in my hand. However, if it's a coffee place, because they have a drink hole on one side, if that cup gets handed to me without the seam facing away (which is, like, 90% of the time), I have to take off the lid and adjust it. Even the carboard heat sleeve has to have the seam facing away. I'm not OCD in general, but this one thing is definately an irresistable compulsion for me.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 10:59:29 AM »

Another quirk:

The sight of chewed gum totally repulses me.  I quickly become filled with irrational hatred and revulsion when I see chewed gum.

If I see it on the edge of a plate, I often won't use that plate again until I've forgotten about the gum. The bad thing is I have an outstanding memory.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 11:06:24 AM »

I prefer to drink coffee out of a styrofoam cup than an actual cup.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 12:27:55 PM »

I prefer to drink coffee out of a styrofoam cup than an actual cup.

I prefer drinking out of plastic party cups rather than regular plastic cups or glasses.

I thinks it's because if they break it's not a big deal, and because they feel fun because they're party cups.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2010, 05:21:01 PM »

Yeah I guess I have what some might consider quirks.

For one thing, I can't go # 2 out to sea. I just cannot do it in that environment. I was once on the ocean for 2 weeks and could not go after all that time. I must be on land in order to do it.

I too generally avoid public washrooms too unless I've been out to sea for too long and then I tend to seek them on when I get on land. If I do use one, I have to flush the toilet first and I also must give it a thorough seat wipe with toilet paper and I'll also use it as a barrier too.

Actually I typically also flush the toilet at home too before going # 2. I'm not even sure why.

I too am an obsessive hand washer. I wash my hands sometimes sore I wash them so much.

My mashed potatoes must be covered with green peas, warmed from a can. I prefer canned peas. If I don't have peas, corn is a good substitute but with corn, I prefer to warm up the frozen Peaches and Cream corn.

Whenever I bath or shower, I lay down a towel to step on for when I get out. An extra towel solely for that purpose.

Whenever I feel they're really dirty, I must clean my glasses with a Lysol disinfectant cloth.

I hate paper and disposal cups and I have to say I prefer glassware over everything else.

People crunching chips is about the most annoying sound in the world to me.

Whenever I open doors, I prefer to use my sleeve or my pocket to open them or to be wearing gloves. Yeah I think I've got a touch of OCD too in all honesty.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 05:54:10 PM »

For one thing, I can't go # 2 out to sea. I just cannot do it in that environment. I was once on the ocean for 2 weeks and could not go after all that time. I must be on land in order to do it.

I too generally avoid public washrooms too unless I've been out to sea for too long and then I tend to seek them on when I get on land. If I do use one, I have to flush the toilet first and I also must give it a thorough seat wipe with toilet paper and I'll also use it as a barrier too.

Actually I typically also flush the toilet at home too before going # 2. I'm not even sure why.

I too am an obsessive hand washer. I wash my hands sometimes sore I wash them so much.

My mashed potatoes must be covered with green peas, warmed from a can. I prefer canned peas. If I don't have peas, corn is a good substitute but with corn, I prefer to warm up the frozen Peaches and Cream corn.

Whenever I bath or shower, I lay down a towel to step on for when I get out. An extra towel solely for that purpose.

Whenever I feel they're really dirty, I must clean my glasses with a Lysol disinfectant cloth.

I hate paper and disposal cups and I have to say I prefer glassware over everything else.

People crunching chips is about the most annoying sound in the world to me.

Whenever I open doors, I prefer to use my sleeve or my pocket to open them or to be wearing gloves. Yeah I think I've got a touch of OCD too in all honesty.

Nothing some drugs or a few stiff drinks wouldn't cure.

I'm just kidding, Jase.  BounceGiggle

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2010, 06:19:13 PM »

My whole family does that, but that's because water can damage our old floors and it helps to prevent slipping.

diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 08:03:20 PM »

I enjoy a nice, cold glass of milk after eating some Lay's chips (the regular brand).
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 08:13:04 PM »

I swore this next one was odd but I keep meeting more people who are like me in this aspect.  The sound of an air conditioner or heater will put me right asleep usually.  However, I absolutely can't stand having a TV on in the room if I'm trying to sleep. 

If there is even a crumb of anything other than ice in the tray where my icemaker empties I immediately dump out all the ice and start a new batch. 

I bounce my knee a lot.  Sometimes people around me demand I stop. 

I crack my knuckles frequently...maybe a little too frequently.

I love bending paper clips and fidgeting with rubber bands at the office.  It seems to bring me comfort. 

Speaking of above, I'm a fidgeter by nature.  I think my four year old pick that up from me. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 08:13:59 PM »

I enjoy a nice, cold glass of milk after eating some Lay's chips (the regular brand).

Glass being the operative word. Milk just doesn't taste right in a plastic container. Then again, I don't drink milk after potato chips. I much prefer something chocolaty with my potato chips, either a plain chocolate bar or a brownie. A bite of brownie, a potato chip. A bite of brownie, a potato chip. It's a heavenly combination.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 08:43:25 PM »

Forgot to add that when I wash my hands, I have to soap them up five times and count to 5 every single time.

I also have a tendency to keep checking to make sure the fridge door is shut for some inexpicable reason.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 09:25:29 PM »

I always check the mail-box when I'm near it, even on days when we don't get mail as a rule and I will do this multiple times.

I have to walk in order to think clearly lots of the time. I also do it to relax. Most often it's just walking around something or pacing back and forth. I've done this pretty much my entire life.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Odd Quirks (Vol 2) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.