Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:19:08 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Odd Quirks (Vol 2) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Your Odd Quirks (Vol 2)  (Read 22018 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2010, 07:44:32 AM »

I love to use a hairdryer to warm up my feet.
at random times, I MUST bit my finger nails, like now! Buggedout
I must sleep in the cold to actually sleep well.

yeah no.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2010, 10:35:40 AM »

at random times, I MUST bit my finger nails, like now! Buggedout

Yep. My wife has asked me why my fingernails are always short but my toenails look like sloth claws before I trim them. Basically, it's because I can't get my toes near my mouth easily. TeddyR
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 05:39:47 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2010, 11:32:08 AM »

I also don't really do small talk well. I can't do conversation for its own sake. I don't initiate it, and I respond to it at face value. Somebody says it's a nice day, I say "Yes, it is." They ask how I am, I say "Fine." My wife has told me more than once I was rude to somebody who tried to engage me in conversation, and I really didn't have the foggiest idea that's what he was doing. Fortunately, my wife is a warm, extroverted person with well developed social skills and a grasp of etiquette. I hide behind her as much as possible.

I personally can't stand small talk, I think its my NE antisocial vibe.  Get in, get out of a conversation with a stranger as fast as possible. I was in culture shock when I took a cruise out of TX.  You say "how you doing" to many and they give you their week's events.  Where I'm at you get "good".  

It kind of goes back to my prior posts in the "what grinds your gears" thread about people who state the obvious to make small talk.  "Hot weather isn't it..."  "Yep"

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2010, 11:53:17 AM »

Oh yes, the people who keep going on and on with the small talk, when I just want to pick up the mail or buy a loaf of bread, or if I obviously have work to do. Your friendly gesture is duly noted, now f**k off.

Why do people need to talk for the sake of talking? I like a good conversation as much as the next guy, maybe more, but it has to be about something, and it has to have some value to the people involved, however small. I hate giving a report on the family and business to everybody I interact with, not because they have a genuine interest, but because asking is the sociable thing for them to do and telling them is the polite response.

---------------------
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2010, 12:16:39 PM »

Ugh...small talk. Since I happen to have two X chromosones, I'm expected to engage in small talk with other members of my gender about clothes, makeup, boys, and celebrities. I don't care all that much about 3 of those, and my relationship with my boyfriend is not some stranger's business.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2010, 02:43:23 PM »

Oh yes, the people who keep going on and on with the small talk, when I just want to pick up the mail or buy a loaf of bread, or if I obviously have work to do. Your friendly gesture is duly noted, now f**k off.

Why do people need to talk for the sake of talking? I like a good conversation as much as the next guy, maybe more, but it has to be about something, and it has to have some value to the people involved, however small. I hate giving a report on the family and business to everybody I interact with, not because they have a genuine interest, but because asking is the sociable thing for them to do and telling them is the polite response.

I figure it's something that made a lot more sense 100 years ago in more rural areas, and social patterns haven't really changed to reflect that much.  Back then, practically anybody you came across was probably a neighbor, a friend of a friend, or someone you'd run into again.  So, knowing some basic information about what was going on with their life was not only helpful, it could be useful for the good of all. 

I will say I can appreciate small talk from people who are regulars at places I'm a regular - it's basically a way of working up to a friendship with a stranger.  But yeah, when you go to a mall in a city of 50,000 people and someone engages me in small talk about nothing much, it's not something I particularly care for.  But, I've been described as an "esoteric" conversationalist, so my small talk conversations often end up in weird places.   TeddyR
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2010, 07:55:29 PM »

I don't know, I think the conversation thing with me is it has to be meaningful or what I at least see as meaningful.  I can talk the ears off someone about gardening, movies or certain TV shows. However, I just don't like those uncomfortable interludes I find myself in where I feel no need for conversation with a someone.  For me its usually in an elevator or a bathroom.  The bathroom part is odd to me.  I'm not looking to make friends there.   

Anyhow, next quirk for me which will contradict everything I just said.  I talk to myself...a lot.  It gets to the point where I pretend I'm talking to someone. I guess I find myself better company than a lot of people.   Buggedout

DarkSider's Realm

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2010, 10:55:39 PM »

I used to work out regularly at a gym when I was in the city, and the small talk that always baffled me was naked men standing around making chitchat in the locker room. I change my clothes and get out as quickly as possible, but there are always guys who are in no hurry to get dressed just chatting away about their weekend plans or whatever, as their dicks swing lazily in the breeze. What I found particularly awkward was when some naked stranger tried to strike up a conversation with me while I was just trying to get my pants on and leave.

I don't know if it's just modesty, my sense of what's appropriate. Could be homophobia, I suppose. Maybe it's just that I never played team sports as a kid. Guys who change and shower together from an early age might be totally at ease. That's fine for them, but it makes me very uncomfortable. Small talk is bad enough, but doing it while trying not to look at the other guy- or God forbid, glance down - is hell.

---------------------
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2010, 04:10:01 AM »

Your friendly gesture is duly noted, now f**k off.

TeddyR BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2010, 04:11:22 AM »

but there are always guys who are in no hurry to get dressed just chatting away about their weekend plans or whatever, as their dicks swing lazily in the breeze.

Buggedout Buggedout BuggedoutBounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2010, 08:38:36 PM »

I say "Yi Carumba!" a lot when I'm  Buggedout --- kinda doing that a lot reading the last few posts here.  BounceGiggle I'll grant you though I stole that from the Simpsons where it's "Aye Carumba" yet I say "Yi Carumba".

Before I go to bed at night or leave the house, I have a tendency to check and recheck things - make sure the toaster and kettle's unplugged, make sure the burners and oven are off, check to make sure lights are on/off and doors are locked and I tend to check things more than once each time.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2010, 08:45:37 PM »

(Damn I'm boring! Bluesad)

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2010, 07:02:21 AM »

I HAVE to wash any new item of clothing first before I wear it. Anything brand new ... socks, undies, blouses, sweaters, tee shirts, jeans or pants, pj's etc.  It must have something to do with clothing that is worn closest to the skin.  I don't have this compulsion with coats or hats, but I do have to wash a new pair of gloves before I'll wear them. 

I also remember as a kid I used to wear my hair in ponytails and braids, and I used to twirl and chew on a section of my hair.  Used to be a bad nail biter too. Thank God those behaviors stopped as I grew older.

I sometimes snort when I laugh. Very ladylike ... not.   Buggedout

Hold onto your dreams ....
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2010, 07:25:37 AM »

Easy to see why we all get along so well. I'm curious to know how many people on this board are not obsessive-compulsive introverts.

---------------------
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2010, 07:25:29 AM »

Easy to see why we all get along so well. I'm curious to know how many people on this board are not obsessive-compulsive introverts.
They would probably be outcasted Andy.  Side note, I'm beginning to wonder if we are blood related.  We seem to have the same quirks. 

I HAVE to wash any new item of clothing first before I wear it. Anything brand new ... socks, undies, blouses, sweaters, tee shirts, jeans or pants, pj's etc.  It must have something to do with clothing that is worn closest to the skin.  I don't have this compulsion with coats or hats, but I do have to wash a new pair of gloves before I'll wear them. 

That is SO my wife.  Especially with the kid's clothes. 

DarkSider's Realm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Odd Quirks (Vol 2) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.