Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:13:56 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Glenn Beck regrets calling Obama a ‘racist’ « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Glenn Beck regrets calling Obama a ‘racist’  (Read 8808 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: August 29, 2010, 02:52:52 PM »

Glenn Beck regrets calling Obama a ‘racist’ 
Fox News host Glenn Beck said Sunday that he misspoke last year when he characterized President Obama as a racist.

"I have a big fat mouth sometimes and I say things," Beck said during an interview with Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace.

Beck last year accused the president of possessing a "deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture," during an appearance on Fox News, adding, "this guy is, I believe, a racist."

But this Sunday, when Wallace asked Beck if he regretted making those comments, Beck responded: "Of course I do..." 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100829/pl_yblog_upshot/glenn-beck-regrets-calling-obama-a-racist

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 06:04:57 PM »

If anyone is a racist its Mr. Beck. He's not sorry. He is a hateful little man.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 09:04:07 PM »

I love how the hippie media and liberals in general percieve racism as a one-way street when it comes to Obama. It's not possible to disagree with his principles, it's always about his race.  Once again, the liberal media speaks for everyone. Once again, Freddom Of Speech prevails... Lookingup

Same, when everyone got fired up over Beck making fun of Obama and his daughter Malia (in that mock conversation)  I bet the same people laughed their asses off over the Family Guy episode with Sarah Palin's teenage Down-Syndrome daughter dating Chris.

Or for that matter, David Letterman's 'accidental' remarks about the 'wrong Palin daughter' when he made the allegations about her and A-Rod in the bleachers.

I suppose this stuff was funny, but yet Beck (or anyone else) is a racist when they do similar things or make similar antagonistic comments.  Hypocrisy, what a lovely, malleable tool..

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
3mnkids

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 09:17:06 PM »

I love how the hippie media and liberals in general percieve racism as a one-way street when it comes to Obama. It's not possible to disagree with his principles, it's always about his race.  Once again, the liberal media speaks for everyone. Once again, Freddom Of Speech prevails... Lookingup

Same, when everyone got fired up over Beck making fun of Obama and his daughter Malia (in that mock conversation)  I bet the same people laughed their asses off over the Family Guy episode with Sarah Palin's teenage Done-Syndrome daughter dating Chris.

Or for that matter, David Letterman's 'accidental' remarks about the 'wrong Palin daughter' when he made the allegations about her and A-Rod in the bleachers.

I suppose this stuff was funny, but yet Beck (or anyone else) is a racist when they do similar things or make similar antagonistic comments.  Hypocrisy, what a lovely, malleable tool..

Since you quoted me I'll assume you are talking to me... You do not know me. I dont perceive racism as a one way street and I didnt think letterman making fun of palins daughter was funny. As far as Beck making fun of Obamas daughter -  he was criticized not just because he chose to pick on a child but because he always says "leave the kids out of it".. There is that hypocrisy you speak of.  Lookingup

I do not speak for anyone but myself.. you should try it sometime.

One more thing.. If you are "Just sick of partisanism on badmovies forum" to the point that you give negative karma because my opinion differs from your own you are doing exactly what you are complaining about.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 09:30:37 PM »

I love how the hippie media and liberals in general percieve racism as a one-way street when it comes to Obama. It's not possible to disagree with his principles, it's always about his race.  Once again, the liberal media speaks for everyone. Once again, Freddom Of Speech prevails... Lookingup
Same, when everyone got fired up over Beck making fun of Obama and his daughter Malia (in that mock conversation)  I bet the same people laughed their asses off over the Family Guy episode with Sarah Palin's teenage Down-Syndrome daughter dating Chris.
I suppose this stuff was funny, but yet Beck (or anyone else) is a racist when they do similar things or make similar antagonistic comments.  Hypocrisy, what a lovely, malleable tool..
FREDDOM? 

Hey, 3mnkids, that was Ulthar who knocked your karma, not Umaril The Unfeathered...

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 09:38:14 PM »

One more thing.. If you are "Just sick of partisanism on badmovies forum" to the point that you give negative karma because my opinion differs from your own you are doing exactly what you are complaining about.

I don't know if you are meaning to imply this criticism toward the previous poster, but just to be clear, it was ME (not Umaril The Unfeathered) that 'boo'd' you for your hack posts.

The boo was not because your opinion differs from mine.  I've got absolutely no problem with that.

So far as I can tell, you are the only one posting stuff like the picture earlier in this thread.  Whether I agree with you or not is irrelevant.  My objection is this particular low-brow level of partisan "debate" (and I use the term VERY loosely here) on this particular forum.

You don't like Glenn Beck - I get that, and respect it.  No problem from me (again, whether I agree or not personally does not matter).  It is the STYLE of posting on this and similar topics that I object to.

In other words, I think you are flame-baiting, and as a long-time member of this forum, I don't want to see flame-wars here.  I'm no longer a Mod and do not speak in any official capacity for Andrew or the forum as a whole...just myself.  I think you are flaming the board and I boo'd you as an effort to ask you to stop.

That's not to say that I am asking you to stop posting your point of view or opinions.  I sincerely hope you can see the difference.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
3mnkids

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 10:01:43 PM »

My apologies to Umaril The Unfeathered..I stand by my post and refer ulthar to it.

Flaming the board by posting my opinion? What rules am I breaking? That is my opinion of Glen Beck. That is hardly trying to start a flame war. I dont single out particular members to bash. I dont act like I know who they are or what they believe. Its people who do that that are flame baiting. 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 10:09:47 PM »

I don't know if you are meaning to imply this criticism toward the previous poster, but just to be clear, it was ME (not Umaril The Unfeathered) that 'boo'd' you for your hack posts.
The boo was not because your opinion differs from mine.  I've got absolutely no problem with that.
So far as I can tell, you are the only one posting stuff like the picture earlier in this thread.  Whether I agree with you or not is irrelevant.  My objection is this particular low-brow level of partisan "debate" (and I use the term VERY loosely here) on this particular forum.
You don't like Glenn Beck - I get that, and respect it.  No problem from me (again, whether I agree or not personally does not matter).  It is the STYLE of posting on this and similar topics that I object to.
In other words, I think you are flame-baiting, and as a long-time member of this forum, I don't want to see flame-wars here.  I'm no longer a Mod and do not speak in any official capacity for Andrew or the forum as a whole...just myself.  I think you are flaming the board and I boo'd you as an effort to ask you to stop.
That's why you post those long, analytical, well researched responses of yours...?  Wink  You're no longer a mod, so why reference it?  Let's get real; 3mnkids did not post anything that warranted negative karma, including her negative opinion of a public figure.  You just didn't like what she had to say.  Why don't you knock those people you agree with who might be just as offensive?  I've seen a lot of STYLE on this forum that included having my character assassinated for a perceived opinion.  You don't think Umaril The Unfeathered was a bit of a hack
Uhm, so... you're a big fan of GLENN BECK?  Did you attend his self-promoting rally?   Smile

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 10:15:35 PM »

Glenn Beck apologizing? I don't believe it, I believe that he's trying to win back his viewers so that he can continue to rant on and on and on.....

yeah no.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 10:17:19 PM »

My apologies to Umaril The Unfeathered..I stand by my post and refer ulthar to it.

Flaming the board by posting my opinion? What rules am I breaking? That is my opinion of Glen Beck. That is hardly trying to start a flame war. I dont single out particular members to bash. I dont act like I know who they are or what they believe. Its people who do that that are flame baiting. 

I don't know that you are breaking any specific forum rule.

Posting a picture like the one you posted earlier in this thread is MUCH more than JUST posting an opinion.  And you do this kind of post quite frequently.

It's the kind of post that invites a (probably negative) comment from someone who disagrees with you.  Based on my own personal experience on this and other forums, that is the kind of post that often leads to argument.

Look - I'm not the forum police.  Post whatever you want, however you want.  I'll NEVER give you or anyone else a "Boo" for something I disagree with.  But I will, as tonight, do so for posting in a manner that I perceive only serves to inflame (or potentially so) the other members of the board.

That's what the karma system is for...to reward positive contributions and point out negative contributions as perceived by the readers.  For my part, I VERY RARELY "boo," but have to confess that your political posts have been leaning me in that direction for that past week or two (or thereabouts).

I'm just trying to shoot straight with you - and I fully appreciate that Andrew has made the karma system non-anonymous for this very reason.  I don't dislike you or anything like that...I just don't like THAT kind of post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Jim H

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 10:54:36 PM »

Same, when everyone got fired up over Beck making fun of Obama and his daughter Malia (in that mock conversation)  I bet the same people laughed their asses off over the Family Guy episode with Sarah Palin's teenage Down-Syndrome daughter dating Chris.

I suppose this stuff was funny, but yet Beck (or anyone else) is a racist when they do similar things or make similar antagonistic comments.  Hypocrisy, what a lovely, malleable tool..

You're making a bunch of broad assertions about how you THINK people are taking similar pot shots at different public figures, but I notice you provide no actual reason to think this.  You're going off nothing but your own assumptions about how a large group of people think.  That makes your entire post a sort-of strawman argument.    Thumbdown
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 11:36:08 PM »

Noone was singling you out, and apology accepted. No biggie. Some like Beck, some don't. It's a matter of personal preference and your own moral compass.  We all have that right.

However, we need to examine this one a bit closer,and I'm going to use some brass tacks here, so take it or leave it..

I dont act like I know who they are or what they believe. Its people who do that that are flame baiting.

And with the lumping, and constant instigation and antagonistic statements of the Liberal Media, you have rested my case. Victimizing while playing victim.

So you don't act like you know everyone, or what they believe, but how do we really know?  Like the followers of Beck and O' Reilly, do YOU believe every condescending drop of sh*t that comes out of Keith Olbermann's smug, gold toothed mouth?   Tell us...I mean you could, but I don't know. Just asking..

And if you do, no biggie, but just be prepared for the return serve when you get called on it.  And please don't take a rebuttal of your opinion as "flame-bait" or  assumption of what you believe.  Not every rebuttal is a personal attack, although that's how it gets percieved more often than not, in the case of the larger picture of general politics.

You need to realize, if  you put your politicial line in the water, expect to get different bites.  And if you can't do that, and if you can't respect others' opinions (or right to one) you're in for a hard ride in life. That's all I have to say.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 11:52:11 PM »

You're making a bunch of broad assertions about how you THINK people are taking similar pot shots at different public figures, but I notice you provide no actual reason to think this.  You're going off nothing but your own assumptions about how a large group of people think.  That makes your entire post a sort-of strawman argument.    Thumbdown

Y'know, instead of accusing me of straw-man politics, why don't you just come out and say that you agree with what was said by Letterman and the sick portrayal of Sarah Palin's daughter on TV?  Is it that hard to just let it all out and say what you feel?

God knows if someone did that to a Left wing figure, there would be no end of it.

And the media and their Left wing supporters are a large group of people who make their own living out of  "making their own assumptions about how a large group of people think" (to quote your reply.)  But that's OK because it put the bread on their tables, right?

So please, don't accuse me of straw-man patronage when the Media makes their own profits from it.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 11:55:13 PM »

Glenn Beck apologizing? I don't believe it, I believe that he's trying to win back his viewers so that he can continue to rant on and on and on.....

Any more than I (or anyone else) should believe Charlie Rangel is sorry that he "forgot" to pay his taxes or that it was "an honest mistake".  But let it happen to you or me though...

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 12:18:06 AM »

I'm just going to throw something else out, and then I'll be done here...you want a list of racist statements from Liberals AND Democrats?

Harry Reid and his remarks about Obama being " light-skinned, and lacking of a Negro dialect" and how it affected his chances for the Presidency.

Harry Reid attacking Marco Rubio, accusing him of lacking common sense for being a Latino Republican.

Sonya Sotomayor and her "Wise Latina woman" remarks vs. a White person's ability to do her job, and her comparison of Latina women to White men.

Supreme Court Justice Goddwin Liu and his remarks about "Samuel Alito's world" where an "all-White jury" still rules?

The numerous Left Wingers who have dubbed GOP chairman Michael Steele as a 'Negro-Con"?

Is there any call of injustice for these remarks? Or is it acceptable as long as one happens to be on the winning team?  If these individuals were conservative Republicans, would the same tolerance exist, or would there be a call for their resignation?

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Glenn Beck regrets calling Obama a ‘racist’ « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.