Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:07:33 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Left in Darkness (2006) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Left in Darkness (2006)  (Read 1960 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: August 31, 2010, 12:56:15 PM »

This was really something different. A girl who while well cast had distracting collagen lips (hey LA, we don't all live out there, it's not normal) goes to a frat party, and is drugged and raped. During the attack she overdoses and dies. The movie is not just or even mainly about this though and they don't dwell on it or show it very graphically like "I spit on your Grave"*.

About 2/3 of the movie is after this as she navigates a purgatory like realm that is in the frat house she was killed in. If she touches a mirror she can see into the living world as her friend looks for her at the party and so forth. The rape scene is jarring and the rest of the movie is trippy.  Not to sound like I am making light of it but like The Accused meets Inception or something.

The director is a lifelong camera operator and in the documentary thingy after the film (note: I never watch these things so theres an indication of how good the movie was right there) takes pride in the lack of CGI and the affects being "in camera" and describes the various complicated ways they got many of the shots. Was this a bunch of hooey to cover up a lack of budget?  Maybe a little but it looked pretty good to me.

I retrospect it wasn't all blindingly original but I was really into it.

5/5

making of segment. some spoiler ish stuff
Small | Large

*I do like I spit on Your Grave though.

note: I just looked at some reviews. many people disagree with me on this. especially this guy

"She is the worst ever actress i ve ever seen... She has the shortest legs ever. and massive neck. maybe she is the small person then i am sorry What a waist. Froggy actress and stupid produser or chip... very chip. . Again if you have some time to spare look somewhere else. The acctress is the disgrase to the industry/ ,
"
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:48:23 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 07:42:34 PM »

Sounds interesting. I will check it out for sure.   Thumbup

That review was pretty funny. What does short legs and a massive neck have to do with her acting ability?   Lookingup

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 09:10:36 AM »

do you know what  "chip very chip" is ? he gave it one star, most of them were somewhere between his and mine.
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 07:43:58 PM »

I Saw This Movie A Year Or Two Ago And Thought It Was Pretty Good

I'd Give It A 4 And A Half Out Of Five!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Left in Darkness (2006) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.