Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:40:04 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Online college courses/degrees? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Online college courses/degrees?  (Read 1358 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 01, 2010, 11:28:58 AM »

Anyone know anything about them?  Been looking into a few, kicking around the idea of maybe taking some courses, perhaps going for my Masters and/or getting another degree. 

Sometimes I've noticed... both colleges I've looked into wanted an application fee, and, online classes although more compressed (usually just take six weeks) tend to be more expensive than brick and mortar.

I don't know.. just trying to going over all my options.  As I've mentioned before (probably more than enough times for some of you) my life jobwise has been at a stand still for about three years now, despite having a degree, and I'm trying to figure out how to push it forward.

Anyway thoughts would be appreciated!

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 09:03:14 PM »

I would advise against getting an online Master's degree unless it is from an accredited school.  At least make sure there is a legitimate brick and mortar school behind the online degree.  There are lots of places that are out there to just take your $, rather than give you an education. 

If you are serious about devoting the time and money to an advanced degree, do it right.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 02:13:53 AM »

I would advise against getting an online Master's degree unless it is from an accredited school.  At least make sure there is a legitimate brick and mortar school behind the online degree.  There are lots of places that are out there to just take your $, rather than give you an education. 

If you are serious about devoting the time and money to an advanced degree, do it right.

I agree.
Don't take online courses unless they are from an accredited brick & mortar school.
I'm almost finished with my degree and over half of the classes I've taken were online through my local college.
Make sure they have an easy to use online system because some are better than others.  I've used the Angel Learning System and it's super easy.  (Apparently, they've merged with another company recently.)

Personally, I prefer online courses over face-to-face classes any day.  You have to be vigilant, stick to a schedule, and do the assigned work or else you will fail!  They're almost always based around the textbook, so be sure to buy the book and read, read, read.

However, depending on the subject, there are some courses that you just shouldn't take online.
Like Math for instance.  I suck at math, and taking an online course in it would mean certain failure on my part.  That's why my Algebra classes this semester are in-class.
Bottom line is this:  If you suck in a certain subject, DO NOT take it online!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:17:10 AM by Ash » Logged
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Online college courses/degrees? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.