Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:52:30 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  B/W about a soldier & a ghost in WWII « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B/W about a soldier & a ghost in WWII  (Read 2909 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« on: September 23, 2010, 02:35:59 AM »

Black & White movie.
In World War 2, American GIs are camped out in an old European Castle.

One night, while the troops are sleeping, a mist poors through a keyhole, & forms a headless ghost. The ghost holds out his severed head & lets out a maniacal cackle. The soldiers wake up in terror.
One of the frightened soldiers was sleeping with his sheet over his head & wearing a gas mask. When the ghost sees this, he screams in horror, puts his head back on, & disappears back through the keyhole.

I don't remember much else, but at some point, the ghost ends up befriending one of the soldiers. The soldier is also friends with a little girl, whom I think was named Ladia (lady-uh).

In the climax, the soldier spots a loan German parachute falling, & he & the ghost go to investigate. What they find is a large bomb the soldier calls a block buster. For some reason, the ghost has a fit of depression, which incites Ladia & she starts kicking the bomb. When the soldier admonishes her to stop, the bomb starts ticking.
The soldier cuts the parachute lines from the bomb & ties it to his jeep, driving maniacally through his camp, then jumps out just before his jeep, with the bomb in tow, runs over a cliff.

The movie ends with the ghost & the soldier marching back to the castle, as they sing a victory song. Once there, the ghost goes into this enlightened mood, I assume meaning the he just realized he can go to Heaven now, & disappears.

that's all I remember.
tanx

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 05:03:06 PM »

Great details, LilCerberus: that's how I know the movie you are looking for is The Canterville Ghost (1944)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036696/

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 05:10:24 PM »

Yup, that's it! :-)

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  B/W about a soldier & a ghost in WWII « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.