Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:47:38 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Uwe Boll makes movie about Auschwitz NSFW trailer included « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Uwe Boll makes movie about Auschwitz NSFW trailer included  (Read 8754 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 01:28:17 PM »

Are you saying they actually do this about the Holocaust itself, or that they just do this about so many things (slavery, for example) young people themselves try to apply it to the Holocaust?

I have heard stories from several college students at my workplace, and also from my cousin.

My cousin came home from college this summer, and said that she was being harassed because of her belief in The Holocaust.  And that, several students in her class
had conveniently piggybacked slavery to Gitmo, and that the Holocaust was either "an outright lie to garner sympathy for the racist nation of Zion",  OR that it was "payback" for the human rights violations in the Middle East. And that opened the door to Iraq and Afghanistan as well..

She also said her professor also argued that there "weren't enough Jews in Europe at the time for that many to be killed."  Also, he said  that Hitler counted those who defied him as "Jews themselves" and that this also makes the exact number of Jews who died questionable, thus making the Jewish claim of genocide also questionable.

I ask because I'm finding it hard to picture any public school or university not portraying the Holocaust as extremely evil.  I know mine portrayed it as possibly the worst atrocity in history, though I went to generally quite good schools, so...

In our day, history wasn't as polarized as it is today. Sure you had discussions and arguments, and political differences, but not like TODAY.  I feel that professors are deliberately fueling these debates based on some of their own views, w\o really caring what it's resulting in as long as they get their paychecks.

That's really awful.  I hope your cousin's experiences are more the exception than the norm.  I'd say they *probably* are, but from what I see in the media and on the internet, it definitely appears Holocaust deniers are gaining ground.  It likely helps that there are fewer and fewer survivors every year - and the internet definitely helps them gather together, much like white supremacist groups (well, often the same thing).  There's a certain irony in that wider availability to other people and information sometimes leads to narrowing viewpoints.

And on the professors viewpoints..  Yeah, I'd say that is the case.  I've read in numerous places about how extreme the views have become on many campuses, and how little dissent is often tolerated - and almost universally, this is from a strict liberal and politically correct viewpoint.  And that can have some serious consequences - I think the behavior of Duke University in the circumstances around the lacrosse rape accusation is a case in point. 
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 02:08:36 PM »

That's really awful.  I hope your cousin's experiences are more the exception than the norm.  I'd say they *probably* are, but from what I see in the media and on the internet, it definitely appears Holocaust deniers are gaining ground.  It likely helps that there are fewer and fewer survivors every year - and the internet definitely helps them gather together, much like white supremacist groups (well, often the same thing).  There's a certain irony in that wider availability to other people and information sometimes leads to narrowing viewpoints.

Indeed. And the fact that fewer of the survivors are still around (and given their age) it's impossible for them to come forth and tell their collective stories, so this put the burden of proof on the few who can. It's as if Holocaust survivors have fallen thru the cracks of time, and are now forgotten, given the rapid political change in the post-WW2 European landscape.

There's a certain irony in that wider availability to other people and information sometimes leads to narrowing viewpoints.

Indeed, anything that might shatter the notions of percieved truth on one side,  or allows for the transfer of actual truthful information, can cause narrowing as one side gains ground and the other one grasps at straws to keep their crumbling notions intact. We've all been part of that thought process at one time or another.

And on the professors viewpoints..  Yeah, I'd say that is the case.  I've read in numerous places about how extreme the views have become on many campuses, and how little dissent is often tolerated - and almost universally, this is from a strict liberal and politically correct viewpoint.  And that can have some serious consequences - I think the behavior of Duke University in the circumstances around the lacrosse rape accusation is a case in point. 

Duke U was a hard issue in our house too. We had some good ones about it.

Race, education and money is the thing that will always stick in the minds of the naysayers,  and the Duke boys will always be seen as 'the privileged White Boys" who "got away with it" based on these factors.

Any evidence that legitimately saw these boys as innocent of the rape charges, will always be seen as tainted and altered in the minds of those for whom forensics and honest-to-goodness police work aren't enough.  It's done their damage to them regardless of their not guilty ruling.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 03:58:12 PM »

Don't frget that the Saudis are channeling about a BILLION dollars a year to U.S. universities to fund "Departments of Middle Eastern Studies"!  And, having paid for the nice new buildings, the helpful Saudi government is always glad to recommend "scholars" to fill those departments . . . who invariably preach hatred for Israel and a very pro-Arabic, pro-Islamic view of history.

You can argue the merits of Islam as a religion all day long, but the Islamic nations are doing their best to rewrite history to minimize the Holocaust, or flat-out deny it.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 04:05:59 PM »

Don't frget that the Saudis are channeling about a BILLION dollars a year to U.S. universities to fund "Departments of Middle Eastern Studies"!  And, having paid for the nice new buildings, the helpful Saudi government is always glad to recommend "scholars" to fill those departments . . . who invariably preach hatred for Israel and a very pro-Arabic, pro-Islamic view of history.

You can argue the merits of Islam as a religion all day long, but the Islamic nations are doing their best to rewrite history to minimize the Holocaust, or flat-out deny it.

I agree with you. I don't know if I touched on it earlier, but there has been some speculation that Arabic and Muslim students have gotten special consideration in teachings of the Holocaust. This is because too much sympathy might anger them over their own feelings.

I have no doubt that special interests are at play in the denial of historical events, esp. if the return gift comes in the form of monetary funding or other special incentives.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Uwe Boll makes movie about Auschwitz NSFW trailer included « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.