Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:21:36 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Uwe Boll makes movie about Auschwitz NSFW trailer included « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Uwe Boll makes movie about Auschwitz NSFW trailer included  (Read 8685 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: September 08, 2010, 07:20:42 AM »

This is the last guy I could imagine making this film.    Here's the rather disturbing trailer in which Boll himself appears as a German officer standing outside a gas chamber

Small | Large

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 07:30:00 AM »

This has me immensely worried.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 10:27:36 AM »

I actually kind of like Uwe but this is not a good idea.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 05:07:05 PM »

Buggedout WHAT. THE. HELL.

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 07:17:49 PM »

Boll apparently showed real taste and sensitivity in his movie about Rwanda.  I'm willing to give him a chance on thise one.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 08:59:07 PM »

This has me immensely worried.

You and me both...not so sure I want to see this. 

Posted by: Rev. Powell
I actually kind of like Uwe but this is not a good idea.

No it isn't. We don't need to be reminded of what happened, and on it's own, a film of this nature (and appaent graphic nature) is going to stir up the old controversy of whether the Holocaust happened or not. Not a good idea.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 10:17:11 PM »

Why couldn't he stay making video game movies?  A version of the invisible tank level from "Combat" needs to be made....

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 11:12:53 PM »

Is there any controversy over whether the Holocaust really happened, except in the minds of brainwashed Neo-Nazi  IDIOTS??????

I got to go and listen to Willem and Rosalie Schiff, a Jewish couple who somehow survived Auschwitz, last year.  They are in their 80's now.  The survivors are very, very few.  I am of the opinion that we can NEVER afford to forget the greatest crime in human history.  If this film will shock a few teenagers, and make them realize that this really happened, then I am all for it!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 12:36:49 AM »

Is there any controversy over whether the Holocaust really happened, except in the minds of brainwashed Neo-Nazi  IDIOTS??????

I got to go and listen to Willem and Rosalie Schiff, a Jewish couple who somehow survived Auschwitz, last year.  They are in their 80's now.  The survivors are very, very few.  I am of the opinion that we can NEVER afford to forget the greatest crime in human history.  If this film will shock a few teenagers, and make them realize that this really happened, then I am all for it!

Yeah, I kind of agree with Indiana here.  I can understand someone wanting someone who can handle it sensitively, but it really only needs to shock and be authentic.  I also wonder if the trailer, with Boll standing outside looking disinterested, is supposed to be some kind of commentary.  Maybe too subtle for Boll?  I dunno.  Also, after seeing Rampage, I can't deny Boll does have some directorial ability.

I think I've said it before on here, but Holocaust deniers are some of the worst people in the world.  I remember reading a bit of Stormfront, and reading some of the stuff on there made me feel depressed for about a week.  Anything that will make them angry sounds good to me...

BTW, Boll's previous somewhat related film was about Darfur, not Rwanda.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 08:27:51 AM »

BTW, Boll's previous somewhat related film was about Darfur, not Rwanda.

That film ~ entitled Darfur ~ was shot in South Africa and I saw it at its' premiere in March this year: I was expecting to sit there in the cinema and LMAO at Uwe's latest disaster. Wrong. I cried through most of it and I even screamed out loud at one point where a Janjaweed terrorist holds a baby tenderly in his arms and then drops the baby. On his / her head!  Buggedout Buggedout I also remember getting seriously angry during this film: this happened on my continent and to Africans, so WTF was I doing about this genocide?

Next to Jans Rautenbach's Katrina, Darfur is the most emotionally devastating film that I have ever seen and if Uwe Boll can open our eyes to what went on in Darfur, I think he can do the same for the Holocaust.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 12:42:56 PM »

Is there any controversy over whether the Holocaust really happened, except in the minds of brainwashed Neo-Nazi  IDIOTS??????

I recant my earlier calling that we don't need to be reminded. It was a bad choice of words.  

What I meant, is that we DO need to be reminded, but reminded in a way that creates a fair, unbiased look at the true happenings.  A way that accurately depicts the horrors w\o stirring up the partisan pot, so to speak. I hope that makes better sense. I sometimes say the right thing the wrong way.

I got to go and listen to Willem and Rosalie Schiff, a Jewish couple who somehow survived Auschwitz, last year.  They are in their 80's now.  The survivors are very, very few.  I am of the opinion that we can NEVER afford to forget the greatest crime in human history.  If this film will shock a few teenagers, and make them realize that this really happened, then I am all for it!

The problem with the younger generation, is the school systems and campuses that
are either putting the denial in their heads,  or using the dual-edged morality of "yes it happened, and it was wrong, BUT...." (add reason here.)  

While I may be wrong, it seems that in the minds of some folk, denial of the Holocaust
is an alternate way to support and defend the incident, in lieu of coming right out and saying they defend it. It's a safety mechanism that hides their true feelings.

And with the general international image of Israel as "Zionist terrorists" and the extending of such feelings to America for our support of Israel,  (and the post 9-11 wars overseas)
it would appear that, either worldwide or domestic, some people (but not all) have their perfect vehicle to see the Holocaust as "payback."
Needless to say, I disagree with such thought.

In terms of legitimimacy, the Holocaust always seems to be an uphill battle.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 12:46:35 PM by Umaril The Unfeathered » Logged

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Jim H

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 04:24:48 PM »

is the school systems and campuses that
are either putting the denial in their heads,  or using the dual-edged morality of "yes it happened, and it was wrong, BUT...." (add reason here.)

Are you saying they actually do this about the Holocaust itself, or that they just do this about so many things (slavery, for example) young people themselves try to apply it to the Holocaust?  

I ask because I'm finding it hard to picture any public school or university not portraying the Holocaust as extremely evil.  I know mine portrayed it as possibly the worst atrocity in history, though I went to generally quite good schools, so...
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 01:59:46 AM »

Are you saying they actually do this about the Holocaust itself, or that they just do this about so many things (slavery, for example) young people themselves try to apply it to the Holocaust?

I have heard stories from several college students at my workplace, and also from my cousin.

My cousin came home from college this summer, and said that she was being harassed because of her belief in The Holocaust.  And that, several students in her class
had conveniently piggybacked slavery to Gitmo, and that the Holocaust was either "an outright lie to garner sympathy for the racist nation of Zion",  OR that it was "payback" for the human rights violations in the Middle East. And that opened the door to Iraq and Afghanistan as well..

She also said her professor also argued that there "weren't enough Jews in Europe at the time for that many to be killed."  Also, he said  that Hitler counted those who defied him as "Jews themselves" and that this also makes the exact number of Jews who died questionable, thus making the Jewish claim of genocide also questionable.

I ask because I'm finding it hard to picture any public school or university not portraying the Holocaust as extremely evil.  I know mine portrayed it as possibly the worst atrocity in history, though I went to generally quite good schools, so...

In our day, history wasn't as polarized as it is today. Sure you had discussions and arguments, and political differences, but not like TODAY.  I feel that professors are deliberately fueling these debates based on some of their own views, w\o really caring what it's resulting in as long as they get their paychecks.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 09:59:07 AM »

I have heard stories from several college students at my workplace, and also from my cousin.

My cousin came home from college this summer, and said that she was being harassed because of her belief in The Holocaust.  And that, several students in her class
had conveniently piggybacked slavery to Gitmo, and that the Holocaust was either "an outright lie to garner sympathy for the racist nation of Zion",  OR that it was "payback" for the human rights violations in the Middle East. And that opened the door to Iraq and Afghanistan as well..

She also said her professor also argued that there "weren't enough Jews in Europe at the time for that many to be killed."  Also, he said  that Hitler counted those who defied him as "Jews themselves" and that this also makes the exact number of Jews who died questionable, thus making the Jewish claim of genocide also questionable.

I ask because I'm finding it hard to picture any public school or university not portraying the Holocaust as extremely evil.  I know mine portrayed it as possibly the worst atrocity in history, though I went to generally quite good schools, so...

In our day, history wasn't as polarized as it is today. Sure you had discussions and arguments, and political differences, but not like TODAY.  I feel that professors are deliberately fueling these debates based on some of their own views, w\o really caring what it's resulting in as long as they get their paychecks.
I happen to be a history major in college and I've never heard any professor or student try to deny the Holocuast. In fact my university has an entire course on the Holocuast itself called HST 280 Nazi Germany and the Holocuast. Which pretty much sums up how and why the Holocaust happened.

Now I will admit I have seen a lot of professor seem to have varying opinions on different portions in history, but I have never in my life seen one try to deny the Holocaust. If your cousin's professor is really that nuts and a history professor then he diserves to  be fired!
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 12:58:02 PM »

I ask because I'm finding it hard to picture any public school or university not portraying the Holocaust as extremely evil.  I know mine portrayed it as possibly the worst atrocity in history, though I went to generally quite good schools, so...

I happen to be a history major in college and I've never heard any professor or student try to deny the Holocuast. In fact my university has an entire course on the Holocuast itself called HST 280 Nazi Germany and the Holocuast. Which pretty much sums up how and why the Holocaust happened.

Now I will admit I have seen a lot of professor seem to have varying opinions on different portions in history, but I have never in my life seen one try to deny the Holocaust. If your cousin's professor is really that nuts and a history professor then he diserves to  be fired!

Well this was part of my thinking, maybe it was her professor only....but also, w\regard to the world view of Israel today,  it makes you wonder if her professor is doing this based on is own views on the Jewish people.   As far as one college doing it, we allknow that one is all it takes.

One of the students, according my cousin, said that the Holocaust is only taught "in return for the funding the Jews give the colleges, and the financial incentives that come from it."   There's definitely some wrong thinking going on somewhere.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Uwe Boll makes movie about Auschwitz NSFW trailer included « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.