Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:25:57 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What Are You Doing For Halloween? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: What Are You Doing For Halloween?  (Read 11507 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: September 08, 2010, 09:39:27 AM »

claws was commenting on a lack of Halloween spirit. I don't know if that's the case as I was quite new to the site last year, but here's a thread in response. What are you doing for Halloween? What costumes do you have going?

My wife and I are going to Jerome, Arizona. We went there last year. It's an old mining town on the side of a mountain that has a couple of very old and supposedly haunted hotels. A very eccentric and colorful community. Maynard of Tool is a resident of the town. My wife is going to be a sexy nurse and I'm going to be a head trauma patient. I've already picked up a rolling I.V. stand and she stole a hospital gown from when she was in the hospital for our youngest child. Just throw in a bandaged head and a plasma bag and I'm set. Now, if I want to be really ballsy I'll go commando under the hospital gown, but I'll probably chicken out and wear something. No, Trevor, I've got the underpants covered, thank you.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 10:29:08 AM »

If we're able to, I'd like to get together with my friends and watch a few horror movies.

If my schedule (work and such) allows it, I'm dressing up as Klaus Nomi. I wish I could dress up while I'm at work!

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 10:37:47 AM »

I generally watch a movie or two and greet the few trick or treaters who come by. 

Interesting that you should mention Jerome, AZ, Flick.  I was there almost 20 years ago, probably in 1989, and I never met anyone else who's ever heard of the place.  I don't recall any legends of hauntings and there was no Tool at the time.  It was just a community of hippies (don't know if it's changed much, but with a minor celeb in town now it probably has).  We stayed with one of them, the mother of a friend of a friend.   

My experience among the hippies was so strange that I wrote a short story about it (my only published fiction).  I changed the name of the town to "Augustine." 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 10:41:35 AM »

Oh yeah, I greet trick or treaters too!

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 11:06:06 AM »

Taking the kids out for candy exploitati...er...trick or treating.  With three we really plan to mop up this year.  My oldest is going as a shark, my middle is going as a hamburger and the baby is going to be a butterfly. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 11:10:44 AM »

I generally watch a movie or two and greet the few trick or treaters who come by. 

Interesting that you should mention Jerome, AZ, Flick.  I was there almost 20 years ago, probably in 1989, and I never met anyone else who's ever heard of the place.  I don't recall any legends of hauntings and there was no Tool at the time.  It was just a community of hippies (don't know if it's changed much, but with a minor celeb in town now it probably has).  We stayed with one of them, the mother of a friend of a friend.   

My experience among the hippies was so strange that I wrote a short story about it (my only published fiction).  I changed the name of the town to "Augustine." 

Definately still hippies there. Also a lot of bikers roll through. It's such a strange community.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 11:42:57 AM »

Halloween falls around the start of the WRIR Fall Pledge Drive, so if I'm not volunteering for a phone shift, I'll be sneaking up there for some free food from our loving supporters.

Friday after next, I should be closing on a house, so hopefully (following some minor plumbing & electrical) I should be settled into my new place by then.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 12:55:35 PM »

I work at Toys R Us.  We usually get to dress-up for the holiday, so I'm thinking about putting together a mad scientist costume this year. 

Halway through the day, I'm going to disappear and put on the Geoffry the Giraffe costume costume and I'm entertaining the kids that come by the store and giving them candy.  Geoffry even has his own little pirate hat and eyepatch that he wears to dressup for Halloween. 

After work, I'm going to a Haunted House a friend of mine sets up ever year.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 01:51:48 PM »

See what you started, Flick.   I visited Jerome, AZ, too, about 14 years ago.  At the time a really good friend of mine had just recently moved to Phoenix and I went visit her. One of the places we visited was Jerome. It was a cool town and we had lunch there.  I remember her telling me about some hotel there (can't recall the name) that was supposedly haunted. I remember we thought about staying there that night, but chickened out.  We also went to Sedona.

Anyway, this Halloween we will be giving out candy to the trick or treaters and watching movies.

Hold onto your dreams ....
claws
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 03:22:07 PM »

One of my sisters moved with her family into a new house a couple of miles away. Rural area, with a pretty big forest behind the house. A neighbor told my sister about an old graveyard near the woods and she went with her kids to take a look yesterday. She said the place is beautiful but also creepy, so I might be heading there on Halloween with my other sister, her daughter and her boyfriend to explore. Should be fun.
After that its movie time, food, and giving out candy to trick or treaters at my place.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 03:38:53 PM »

See what you started, Flick.   I visited Jerome, AZ, too, about 14 years ago.  At the time a really good friend of mine had just recently moved to Phoenix and I went visit her. One of the places we visited was Jerome. It was a cool town and we had lunch there.  I remember her telling me about some hotel there (can't recall the name) that was supposedly haunted. I remember we thought about staying there that night, but chickened out.  We also went to Sedona.

Anyway, this Halloween we will be giving out candy to the trick or treaters and watching movies.

There are two supposedly haunted hotels there, the Grand Hotel, and the Hotel Conor. The Grand is the big one at the top of the town, and the most famous:

The Hotel Connor is more in the center of town:

The Connor has a big saloon and is a popular stop for bikers passing through. Jerome has a fascinating history. Most of it burned down at one point, being replaced by alot of stone and brick buildings. It was a booming copper mining town in the late 1800's. Very unusual and eccentric citizenry.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 06:20:17 PM »

Usually me and my girlfriend watch a bunch of Horror movies, most typically the original Halloween and Halloween II. I usually greet the trick or treaters and hand out candy too as well as make sure the pumpkin and spooky sounds are all set to go. This year I think I'm adding Halloween III to the viewing schedule. Last year I also watched the 1963 classic The Haunting and The Creeping Flesh.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 02:25:26 AM »

Sitting at home in the dark so kids won't come over seeking candy so I can keep it all to myself.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
claws
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 03:56:18 AM »

Haunted Urban "Hayrides" - is one thing I enjoyed doing on Halloween a couple of years ago with my sister and her kids. We would take the car to visit 'spooky places' of our town. We would drive up to old abandoned buildings or houses usually located in the outskirts and made up creepy stories about the place. It was fun because the kiddies were easier to scare back then.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 06:59:51 AM »

Maybe watch a movie or two with my wife, and have a few beers.  The kids are too old for Halloween, we never get any trick-or-treaters, so that's about the extent of our plans.  I'm sure I'll record a bunch of stuff off TCM and AMC as usual. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What Are You Doing For Halloween? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.