Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:46:00 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  A Random Rant: Ozzy and MuchMusic « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Random Rant: Ozzy and MuchMusic  (Read 2526 times)
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 09, 2010, 10:14:29 PM »

OK, so I'm watching MuchLoud (first time in years) and amidst all this lame metalcore, emocore, mallcore, etc, I see Ozzy's video for "Life Won't Wait" and I thought to myself, "Hey, now that's not TOO bad...". I realize that's not saying much considering Ozzy's been s**t for well over a decade, but still, I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than the last Ozzy single I heard ("Never Gonna Stop"). At the same time, contextually it was kinda sad. I remember when a new Ozzy album was big news, and when he seemed to make an impression on the charts - now he's relegated to a pathetic weekly so-called metal show at four in the morning. Anyways, like I said I thought the song was pretty decent despite the fact that the reviews of the Scream album (inspired title!) have been pretty negative. So Zakk Wylde is out, this Gus guy is in (never heard Firewind...). I thought that would be the kiss of death for the Ozzman, but really, it's no biggie because if I wouldn't have seen this new guy on guitar I would've thought it was Zakk anyway. I read that Ozzy got rid of Zakk because he felt that his material sounded too much like Black Label Society. As opposed to Zakk writing songs that sound like Ozzy, I guess? Let's face it - Ozzy hasn't sounded like himself since Ozzmosis and even there, just barely. What am I getting at? Beats the f**k out of me, but I suppose we can blame Sharon for the majority of Ozzy's steadly decline. Then again, doesn't Ozzy know how to say NO anymore? Ozzfest was a joke. How the hell an extremely talented and original band like Neurosis managed to end up on the first one amidst all that nu-metal s**t is a headscratcher. MuchMusic has been a complete waste of time for years now. It's gone the way of MTV, more concerned with reality shows than music. Anyone remember a show on years ago called City Limits? s**t, I've got tons of old VHS tapes filled with videos from that show ranging from Nirvana (before they hit it big) to Einsturzende Neubauten. Nowadays it's plainly obvious who they're trying to appeal to and I must say that it's just not right. I sincerely hope there's some younger kids out there these days who still actively search out music that's not shoved down their throats by radio and the like......I apologise for this rant, and again I feel like I'm repeating myself, so I'll shut up now.   Lookingup Hatred Question

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 07:49:49 PM »

I remember when a new Ozzy album was big news, and when he seemed to make an impression on the charts - now he's relegated to a pathetic weekly so-called metal show at four in the morning.
I remember hearing No More Tears coming out and being really impressed at how heavy it was. I also thought 'Black Rain'(?) was pretty good. even if he hasn't maintained being amazing I don't think he really ever 'fell off'

I suppose we can blame Sharon for the majority of Ozzy's steadly decline.
not so sure about that. I think she was probably a positive influence on him when he was totally in his drugs stage and he met her, married her and she was his manager. I know she's a bit loopy but far from a 'Yoko' figure if you know what I mean.

How the hell an extremely talented and original band like Neurosis managed to end up on the first one amidst all that nu-metal s**t is a headscratcher.
personally I have never thought Neurosis were as 'underground' as everyone reckoned. maybe in the early days, but the more recent stuff Ive heard by them has more in common with bands like Radiohead than properly underground metal/whatever you want to call it (IMO)....still a really good band though, but I'm not suprised if they played at that. some of their stuff I've heard is quite commercial

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  A Random Rant: Ozzy and MuchMusic « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.