Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:36:04 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Afghans protest, Fla. pastor plans to meet NY imam « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Afghans protest, Fla. pastor plans to meet NY imam  (Read 3900 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: September 10, 2010, 10:11:24 AM »

Afghans protest, Fla. pastor plans to meet NY imam 
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – As thousands of Afghans protested a tiny Florida church's plan to burn the Muslim holy book, the church's pastor said he won't follow through with the burning if he's able to meet Saturday with the organizers behind a mosque planned near ground zero in New York.

In Afghanistan, at least 11 people were injured Friday in protests.

Police in the northern province of Badakhshan said several hundred demonstrators ran toward a NATO compound where four attackers and five police were injured in clashes. Protesters also burned an American flag at a mosque after Friday prayers. In western Farah province, police said two people were injured in another protest.

Speaking to NBC's "Today" show, the Rev. Terry Jones said if he meets with the imam in New York, he won't burn the Quran. It wasn't clear if he meant the burning would be halted indefinitely or just for Saturday.

Imam Muhammad Musri, the president of the Islamic Society of Central Florida, told CBS' "The Early Show" he had a commitment for Jones and himself to meet in New York with the imam there... 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100910/ap_on_re_us/quran_burning

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 12:47:30 PM »

If the cameras would go away and stop giving this whack job air time this would all end.  How one hateful individual has the power to cause this much insanity in the world blows my mind.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 09:45:17 PM »

It might suprise Indy to know that I think we'd agree regarding our own flawed, subjective, opinions of Islam, and also agree regarding certain recent remarks 'bout Moronism...   QuestionDrink Wink 

I do have to say that we are a nation for freedom of religion.  I have mixed feelings about Islam in America, but I recognize they are subjective and illogical. 
I do not condone the immolation of documents, especially those which are perceived as sacred. 
The act of BOOK BURNING is NAZI.  And evil. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 10:31:20 PM »

I think  the poor guy is an ignorant individual who got in way, way over his head on this one!

In fairness, I might point out that it is the regular policy of the Saudi government - and that of many other Muslim countries - to burn every Bible they find.  They've been doing it for years.  In our perfectly just outrage at this sad, ignorant little man, let us not lose sight of the fact that freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of expression do not exist in much of the Islamic world.  And those are the values that SOME - not nearly all - Muslims would like to nurture here.

What I find so ironic is that Muhammad himself refered to the Bible as "the Lucid Book" and "a light and illumination to man."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 09:41:34 PM »

If the cameras would go away and stop giving this whack job air time this would all end.  How one hateful individual has the power to cause this much insanity in the world blows my mind.

While I agree that one man could have brought us to Jihad with this incident. it makes me wonder if the same worldwide and domestic indignance would exist if it were the Bible or the Torah that were to be burned....

That aside, I also find it insane that someone would convince young men that they will get 72 virgin brides if they blow themselves up for God (or die in his service.)  If you're going to mention lunacy, let's not forget to pay homage to the other nutjobs out there, of which there are many.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »

I think  the poor guy is an ignorant individual who got in way, way over his head on this one!

In fairness, I might point out that it is the regular policy of the Saudi government - and that of many other Muslim countries - to burn every Bible they find.  They've been doing it for years.  In our perfectly just outrage at this sad, ignorant little man, let us not lose sight of the fact that freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of expression do not exist in much of the Islamic world.  And those are the values that SOME - not nearly all - Muslims would like to nurture here.

What I find so ironic is that Muhammad himself refered to the Bible as "the Lucid Book" and "a light and illumination to man."

You said this very well.   Cheers

Sadly, with the polarization we see today,  ANY religion other than Christianity is
always seen as the victim when one attempts to point out it's flaws and it's own
inherent hypocrisies.  Apparently Christianty is the only extremist religion... Lookingup

With the potentially volatile nature of Islam, it makes me wonder: 

In America and abroad,  how many people on the Freedom Of Religion bandwagon actually truly defend Islam for honest reasons, versus those who defend it out of fear of the consequences if they speak their true mind?

You never see or hear the media condemning Islam, and I think it's because they fear what would happen.   I digress to the Danish cartoon incident and the murder of Theo Van Gogh in Holland a few years back.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Afghans protest, Fla. pastor plans to meet NY imam « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.