Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:19:23 AM
713348 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  is there any musical artist/group you're a 'completist' of? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: is there any musical artist/group you're a 'completist' of?  (Read 7916 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: September 11, 2010, 04:39:13 PM »

I don't necessarily mean you buy every different format of the same release ten times and have framed concert ticket stubbs on your wall etc.  (although that can count too), I mean any band/artist where you basically need to buy everything they put out?

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 05:54:48 PM »

The Grateful Dead, and associated projects.

-Jimmybob

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 07:33:14 PM »

The Grateful Dead, and associated projects.

-Jimmybob
there's a band I know next to nothing about. they are not really known in the uk at all, but more than that I don't think I've ever heard a song by them! certainly never heard them on the radio...did they have a 'big hit'? all I know is their hardcore fans are called "deadheads". I think I got that nugget of info off a Simpsons episode lol

The band I think probably I'm a completist of is AC/DC. they were my favourite band growing up, I had all their albums, knew everything. Every b-side etc... and even though I don't really listen to them any more I just had to go out and buy 'Black Ice' the first day it came out last year. I think I only listened to it once but I had to hear it! still got it, might give it another spin. there's a fair amount of geeky-ness involved with this kind of thing I suppose, but it's a nice geeky-ness  Smile

SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 10:58:45 AM »

I'm a completist of Balzac. I know a lot pf people hate this band, but I love them. I love Japan and horror.

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 11:05:25 AM »

I've got every Led Zeppelin album.  I haven't had a record player hooked up to my stereo in about 10 years, but, um...still got all the records  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 11:43:22 AM »

Due to limited funds, the answer is no.

However, if I had a lot more money, I would definitely be a completist of Blue Oyster Cult, The Kinks, Queen, Hawkwind, The Beatles, and Electric Light Orchestra. I could probably think of several more, but those are my top choices.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 05:01:07 PM »

Yeah me too (limited funds thing) although I'm probably pretty close when it comes to R.E.M.. I'd like to have pretty much everything by the following too: Blue Oyster Cult, The B-52s, The Beach Boys, The Cars, The Clash, CCR, The Grapes of Wrath, Living Colour, Lynryd Skynyrd, Midnight Oil, The Misfits, Pop Will Eat Itself, The Ramones, The Skydiggers, 54-40, Jesus Jones, Spirit of the West and Pink Floyd.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 07:31:45 PM »

The Beach Boys
hah I have a friend who has so much beach boys stuff it's stupid. he has bootleg CDs and each entire CD is filled with different takes of the same song, over and over again...I like Beach Boys too, but not that much  TeddyR

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 07:55:26 PM »

The Stooges only made 3 records but I have all of them and more. alternate takes of the last record, 2d different live records one a douhble record, one thats just them rehearsing! I guess you could say I really like the stooges!

The group i have the most of is Guided By Voices but they are an extremely prolific band relatively speaking. they have dozens of releases and solo efforts.
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 10:36:04 PM »

The Misfits,
Zombina and the Skeletones,
Disfear
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 06:29:44 AM »

Pearl Jam
Streetlight Manifesto
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Spoon

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 07:52:12 AM »

The Moody Blues: I have almost all their albums on vinyl but nothing on CD.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 09:08:49 AM »

Years ago I was an Elvis Costello completist, but I haven't kept up with him much in recent years.  I have every Doobie Brothers, Led Zeppelin, and Steely Dan CD.  I wouldn't say I'm a completist of any of these bands, but I went wild at Tower Records a couple of times and ended up with them.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 03:05:20 PM »

Years ago I was an Elvis Costello completist, but I haven't kept up with him much in recent years.  I have every Doobie Brothers, Led Zeppelin, and Steely Dan CD.  I wouldn't say I'm a completist of any of these bands, but I went wild at Tower Records a couple of times and ended up with them.
I do have every Steely Dan album. either on vinyl or CD. plus Donald Fagen's 3 solo albums. I don't have either of Walter Becker's solo albums so I'm not really a completist really. great band though. they have never made a bad album , which helps.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 09:55:14 PM »

A few I can think of:
The Misfits
Weird Al Yankovic
Bloodhound Gang
CKY
Buddy Holly
The Clash

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  is there any musical artist/group you're a 'completist' of? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.