Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:40:35 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Don't Get the Hate « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: I Don't Get the Hate  (Read 12743 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: September 12, 2010, 11:27:32 AM »

The Internet is place where people of all ages, races, religions or none, size, and everything else in between can all to come together and speak freely.  However, the Internet is also the breeding ground for insane amounts of hate towards various things.  Trends, fashions, shows, movies, games, people, religion, politics, fetishes, cars, ideas, comics, and just about whatever else you can imagine.  In this sea of hatred, I have come to realize that tons of the hate I just don't get.

I understand the Twilight Final Fantasy furry, Paris Hilton, George Lucas, and much more hate because everyone is civil enough to explain it and give a good reason & understanding.  However, there are things I don't understand.  Why do people hate Miley Cyrus, Justin Beiber, Jaden Smith, and others?!  Could someone spell it out for me?

So, in other words, do you have any idea why people hate Miley Cyrus, Justin Bebier, and Jaden Smith so much?  I'm just trying to understand this hate that doesn't seem to make sense.  No one ever really says why they hate them, they just wish the worst on these people and don't explain why! 

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 11:54:46 AM »

I hate JB because his fan boys/girls kept bad mouthing other types of music which sparked a war of music.

yeah no.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 12:00:21 PM »

This phenomenon has been going on since before the internet; the net has simply given these people a place to come together and become even more vocal about their hatred (often inadvertently giving them the illusion that since potentially thousands of people on X website/forum hate it, then EVERYONE must hate it).

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PeripheryHatedom?from=Main.TheBarney

Myself, I don't really have the time or energy to really hate something from pop culture. It just seems like too much work for something that ultimately isn't satisfying (after all, someone somewhere will like the thing you hate). It just seems so much more productive and healthier to just say "Well, I don't care for it, but you can like it if you want. Just don't expect me to do the same."

While criticizing something that wasn't meant for you is perfectly valid (provided that you're criticizing it on its own terms; you'd look like an idiot and a snob if you expected, say, "Spongebob" to meet the same standards as "Citizen Kane", after all) hating something apparently for the sole reason that it wasn't made for you is just plain ridiculous.
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 12:12:03 PM »

I hate JB because his fan boys/girls kept bad mouthing other types of music which sparked a war of music.

Ah!  But shouldn't the fans be hated more than singer since he isn't the one badmouthing other music?  It sort of like hating the Xbox because X-Box fanboys that mock any fan of the Wii or PS3.  Well that's just my thought at least.  Thanks for explain some of the reason for why he is hated though.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
claws
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 01:34:32 PM »

I hate the fact that Lady Gaga is popular and it has nothing to do with envy.
Gaga to me is like the bad Quentin Tarantino of music. Tarantino pays homage to the good stuff and things of influence, and uses it in his movies in the most coolest way possible.
Gaga rips off anything and uses it to her own sorry advantage. She is a walking style-charade constantly channeling vintage icons without an ounce of originality. Same goes for her videos or music. If anything, she is just a poor white trash recycling queen, a bad 80s Italo flick without dubbing, wrapped in lame provocateur-isms.
She feeds people with utter fakeness and people are buying it. I just don't get it.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 01:44:20 PM »

Ah!  But shouldn't the fans be hated more than singer since he isn't the one badmouthing other music?  It sort of like hating the Xbox because X-Box fanboys that mock any fan of the Wii or PS3.  Well that's just my thought at least.  Thanks for explain some of the reason for why he is hated though.
basically, I don't give a crap abut him, but his vids are the only way to get back at the fans. If you see a JB vid that saids 1 out 40 it is because I flagged the mecha vid because I was really angry at his fans.

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 02:33:04 PM »

Miley Cyrus, Justin Bebier, and Jaden Smith all have very young fan bases and older kids and teens want to prove they're cool and mature by hating on them.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 04:04:42 PM »

I think it's just part of the internet culture, and a rather amusing part at that.  I don't believe people actually "hate" these people any more than they're truly in awe of Chuck Norris.  Part of the fun is that people who are really fans of these celebrities, movies, etc. get genuinely upset about the "hate", and that makes everyone else laugh.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 06:44:20 PM »

I think it's just part of the internet culture, and a rather amusing part at that.  I don't believe people actually "hate" these people any more than they're truly in awe of Chuck Norris.  Part of the fun is that people who are really fans of these celebrities, movies, etc. get genuinely upset about the "hate", and that makes everyone else laugh.

However, this hatred gets way out of hand though when they actually start saying they want these people killed and or raped and then get people who actually agree with that statement.  Those people are what prompted me to start this topic because I cannot understand the deep and dark hatred they have.

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 07:22:45 PM »

However, this hatred gets way out of hand though when they actually start saying they want these people killed and or raped and then get people who actually agree with that statement.  Those people are what prompted me to start this topic because I cannot understand the deep and dark hatred they have.

I think that in part that's the age factor again.  I think that the people making those claims don't really understand the bigness of words like 'rape' and 'kill'; the depth of meaning is defined by TV, movies and video games (in other words, unreal settings where there is no real consequence visible), with no 'real life' experience with any of it to really understand them.

I chalk it up to immaturity; that does not make it any more palatable.

I also attribute part of it to the general degradation of the language itself.  All over TV, especially reality tv, terms like "doomed," "dead," "fight for your life," etc uses these "big words" in everyday situations where they don't really apply.  That dilutes the meaning.

I don't know; maybe the hatred really IS that deep.  On the other hand, maybe it's just a bunch of winy, selfish, narcissistic, spoiled brats trying to be 'dramatic' and 'cool.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
3mnkids

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 08:38:20 PM »

I just wanted to say I love lady gaga    TongueOut

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 08:40:54 PM »

I doubt it's actual hatred (for most of these people, anyway). This is the same general group that dragged the term "epic" down from meaning "possessing qualities of epicness" to "something vaguely positive that I like." For them, "hate" means "dislike."
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 10:19:54 PM »

It's the same as it ever was, only now people can put stuff out for everybody to read instead of just sharing it with their friends (and enemies.)  I remember back when New Kids on the Block was hugely popular, I felt pretty much the same way back then as a bunch of people do now towards the current teen pop stars.

As for the "I WANT THESE PEOPLE DEAD!" crowd, I put them blame there not on absolute hatred, but the difficulty in conveying emotion over the internet.  I'm sure you've said things like "I'm going hurt you now," or "You are soooo dead!" or things to that effect to your friends, not because you're going to hurt them or even because you want to, but simply because it's fun to say and gets the point across. 

meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 12:21:38 AM »

As far as Jaden Smith is concerned, don't know much about him. However I consider Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus as crap. I feel they are fabricated auto-tuned mediocre singers whom only have any fan base because they were marketed to 10-15 year old girls.
Miley is from a long history of Disney fabricated low talent stars which have become media darlings going back to Annette Funichelio (or however it's spelled). She might have some hope if she tries to go into country music in a few years but I feel she has no long tern staying power in pop music. However even in the country music genre, she most likely will meet with the same hit success which her father met which was mostly a one hit wonder who has been doing what he can to extend his 15 minutes of fame by lately riding his daughter's coat tails.
Justin Bieber was a youtube fad which Lady Gaga happen to help get signed to a recording label. i have heard his music and it has nothing that you wouldn't find in any flash in the pan one teen heart throb act.  Those tend to fade away in a couple of years. Expect him to be in the where are they now category in 10 years or off Broadway at best.
As far as the fans for both these people, they tend to mostly be young girls who have no knowledge of music beyond their fandom. Most will grow out of it and have a few fond memories of them. Those who don't usual end up as programming executives for SyFy and cancel shows which have an audience to bring you another ghost hunting show.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
claws
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 12:36:33 AM »

I just wanted to say I love lady gaga    TongueOut

That was to be expected  TongueOut

Funny thing is, I never truly hated anything with such a deep passion in my life before. Along comes Gaga and 'click' I'm like a sleeper suddenly awaken.
There was a time I wanted to smack people upside the head for listening to her music or even mentioning her name, but I'm way over that (I think. I'll have to consult with my Psychiatrist first)   Wink
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 12:39:13 AM by claws » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Don't Get the Hate « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.