Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:28:27 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Don't Get the Hate « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: I Don't Get the Hate  (Read 12742 times)
claws
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 12:47:49 AM »

Justin Bieber was a youtube fad which Lady Gaga happen to help get signed to a recording label.

BounceGiggle

I rest my case. Even more reason to hate her  BounceGiggle
Skull
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 07:16:49 AM »

Miley Cyrus, Justin Bebier, and Jaden Smith all have very young fan bases and older kids and teens want to prove they're cool and mature by hating on them.

lol...

Not really true.

They either like them. Love them. Feel so-so about them. Or hate them.

The merit for hate itself can veries from person to person and at times it could be the complete opposite for the reason why people love them.

The hate can also could be based upon the person's point of view.

For example (and true about me):

My hatred towards the new Star Wars Trilogy is based upon the 20 year wait and the stories seemed to be put together very quickly, without the thought of the original series and without the respect that people has actually seen the original series at least more then once; I also think George Lucas can do better then that and during the 20 hiatus there has been comicbooks, books and video games that has a better (and respectful) vision towards the franchise then the prequel trilogy.

I'm not much of a Star Wars fanboy... I just dont like incompetence when there is no reason for incompetence. I just think its pure lazyness on the film maker's end. My feelings are equal with Godfather 3, as well as any dozens of remakes...

ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 07:42:21 AM »

I hate the fact that Lady Gaga is popular and it has nothing to do with envy.
She feeds people with utter fakeness and people are buying it. I just don't get it.

and

Funny thing is, I never truly hated anything with such a deep passion in my life before. Along comes Gaga and 'click' I'm like a sleeper suddenly awaken.
There was a time I wanted to smack people upside the head for listening to her music or even mentioning her name, but I'm way over that

I'm curious...

Why do you CARE what other people like, listen to or buy?

I've never liked {$INSERT_NAME_OF_POP_ICON} and express my opinion with my dollars - specifically those I DON'T spend.  Beyond that, why is it worth the emotional energy?

All of this seems like an outgrowth of a "be like me" culture.  We pay lip service to "diversity" and "open mindedness," but at the end of the day, we FIND stuff to 'hate' others for.  It used to be race or culture in general; now, it seems to be football teams, colleges, singers/entertainers, etc.

I think just about every movie board on IMDB has a thread "I hate this movie" (or some such) with at least one reply "then why are you posting here?"

It is a VERY interesting phenomenon to me - in a people watcher sort of way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 08:01:26 AM »

I am a self confessed "player hater" which is something I think you are born with.  I grew up reading MAD Magazine that virtually trashed anything "cool" and even back when, I totally related to that.  Whenever I see someone like Justin Bieber making more money than me I hate on him.  My frame of mind pretty much resorts to wondering why people would invest time and money to a whiny kid with a bad haircut.  Of course my existence in this realm backfires a lot.  I've often wondered in the past why people don't like the stuff I do.  Then when it becomes popular, I end up hating on the people and product.  Logical?  Nope, its just the way I am.  The Chapelle skit made me realize it actually.  
Small | Large

On a different page I've always said that it doesn't take "talent" to make good music. Hence a good amount of stuff I enjoy.  I guess whatever is cool is what I say is cool and vice versa.  No one is allowed to disagree.   TongueOut TeddyR BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 08:04:40 AM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 08:07:26 AM »

I think the word "hate" is tossed about too freely - as the word "love" is too.

"Hate" is used in place of "resent" "am very annoyed by" "am disgusted by" "dislike to an extreme" "can't stand" - and so on.  To say one "hates" or "loves" implies an emotional content to the reaction that in fact may not be there.

Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber are annoying because we are over-exposed to their work (which, granted, one may find annoying enough in itself!) and because we are endlessly subjected to the extreme and loud adulation of their fans.  Enough, already!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 09:41:11 AM »

I don't hate any of these people brought up, Jaden, Justin, Miley, Gaga. What I hate with a passion is the vapid culture that these individuals represent, call me a curmudgeon, I don't mind. But I don't hate these people. The getting out of hand that you're talking about is, I think, just an equally vapid reaction by people who lack a more mature way of expressing what they have a problem with.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 09:45:48 AM »

Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber are annoying because we are over-exposed to their work (which, granted, one may find annoying enough in itself!) and because we are endlessly subjected to the extreme and loud adulation of their fans.  Enough, already!

Honestly, I would have no idea who Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber were if not for this board.  Other than the posters who are still in high school (or have kids in high school), I honestly don't know where you guys hear about them.  They're just not on my radar screen.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Skull
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 10:46:40 AM »

"Hate" is used in place of "resent" "am very annoyed by" "am disgusted by" "dislike to an extreme" "can't stand" - and so on.  To say one "hates" or "loves" implies an emotional content to the reaction that in fact may not be there.

Agree.. :)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 10:55:36 AM »

"Hate" is used in place of "resent" "am very annoyed by" "am disgusted by" "dislike to an extreme" "can't stand" - and so on.  To say one "hates" or "loves" implies an emotional content to the reaction that in fact may not be there.
Nah, when I say I "hate" something it usually fits that definition. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 11:06:52 AM »

So, in other words, do you have any idea why people hate Miley Cyrus, Justin Bebier, and Jaden Smith so much?  I'm just trying to understand this hate that doesn't seem to make sense.  No one ever really says why they hate them, they just wish the worst on these people and don't explain why! 

I don't hate these people.  I just think they are pretentious little twerps, so I just ignore them.  As they get older, my opinion may change.  I thought Leonardo DiCaprio was a pretentious twerp up to, and including, his appearance in TITANIC.  However, since then, I have grown to respect him as an actor and I often look forward to his movies now.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 12:17:30 PM »

Honestly, I would have no idea who Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber were if not for this board.  Other than the posters who are still in high school (or have kids in high school), I honestly don't know where you guys hear about them.  They're just not on my radar screen.

*Sigh* oh to move in such a rarified atmosphere...or, on second thought: maybe not.   Wink

Nah, when I say I "hate" something it usually fits that definition. 

Duly noted: The DS takes his Dr Seuss seriously.

"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 01:11:50 PM »

*Sigh* oh to move in such a rarified atmosphere...or, on second thought: maybe not.   Wink

C'mon Newt, the air's fine up here!  I've imported a fine selection of Ed Wood and Uwe Boll movies into my ivory tower.  But Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus look like insignificant little specks from here. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 01:37:41 PM »

Honestly, I would have no idea who Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber were if not for this board.  Other than the posters who are still in high school (or have kids in high school), I honestly don't know where you guys hear about them.  They're just not on my radar screen.

C'mon Newt, the air's fine up here!  I've imported a fine selection of Ed Wood and Uwe Boll movies into my ivory tower.  But Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus look like insignificant little specks from here. 

TeddyR  Don't tempt me - !  Sounds idyllic.

The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 02:40:53 PM »

Ditto. If it weren't for random anecdotes from friends/co-workers/people I talk to on the internet, I'd have no idea who these people were, either. I don't listen to the radio (except, perhaps, for the weather forecast or to check out what's playing on the campus station) and I rarely watch TV, so I've never heard any of their songs. They're not forced on you if you don't partake in mass media (and even then you can change the channel or the station).
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 06:04:34 PM »

The problem with those two is that they TOOK over Youtube.

okay, not really, but VEVO has that stupid pic of Bieber. IT'S REALLY ANNOYING when your watching a vid and there's ANOTHER person/band staring at you, it's like your being watched when your not. Lady Gaga has just boomed the "techno pop" to new heights, which is good, but now every new FRIGGEN band has to be f**king techno pop?! Seriously, it's just doesn't make sense anymore, creativity, out of the window!  Hatred Bluesad

yeah no.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Don't Get the Hate « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.