Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:15:15 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Resident Evil:AfterLife « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Resident Evil:AfterLife  (Read 7326 times)
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 12:28:12 PM »

You guys would probrably like Resident Evil: Degeneration. It's all CG, stars Leon and Claire. Takes places after RE4 and kind of leads up a little to RE5. Still has Zombies as the main dead guys.

Yeah, I saw it, it was quite good  Cheers

Really?  I thought it was pretty bad.  In particular, terrible action sequences (which, really, there is no excuse for in a semi-high budget CG project - Code Veronica, RE4 and I presume RE5 have good action in their cut scenes, and I doubt they had the same amount of money put in them), so-so voice acting, a storyline as bad as the live action movies, and none of the gore of the games.  Very disappointing. 

I'm waiting on this new one to drop to $5 at my local theatre.  I heard what happens in the opening half hour, and it kind of annoyed me, so whatever.

BounceGiggle I'm pretty lenient when it comes to zombie action, it just was more like the games than the Anderson flicks, which I don't even consider zombie movies. There was actually zombies in Degeneration and characters from the games.  TeddyR

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 01:35:49 PM »

Well, part 4 has Chris and Claire Redfield as main characters, and Wesker as the lead villain.  It's funny, they're pretty far off but aside from Silent Hill they still have the most in common with the game of any live action game adaptation I know of.
Neville

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 01:48:42 PM »

I really think "Afterlife" is a notch superior to the "Extinction". "Extinction" was funny, but that was because Russell Mulcahy gave it a cheap, cheasy look. I want to think he did that on purpose.

"Afterlife" is a return to the roots, so to speak. It's more spectacular and more slick, but it's also more predictable and cold. I watched it in 3D and I can't complain. Milla move a few times close to you, and during the fights many things are thrown at the audience. I for one I can't and I won't complain, because I found "Afterlife" delivered exactly what it promised. I could have done with more horror and less slo-mo, but I was entertained.

Not that I couldn't think of a better version of the film while I was watching. One that didn't dismiss the whole "Let's go to Japan with my army of clones and kick some corporate ass" too quickly, one with more gore and Milla showing her breasts again. But that's what sequels are for, to give you the same thing again, just with less feeling. 

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
10,000 Volt Ghost
Ancient Radiation
Bad Movie Lover

Ancient Radiation

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 09:33:22 AM »

Finally saw Resident Evil: Afterlife. Left a real bad taste in my mouth. The only parts I liked in it were when Wesker was going around being awesome. They pretty much re-filmed the wesker vs. Chris/Jill fight from Resident Evil 5. The scene with the Executioneer pounding on the gate was pathetic. He might as well have been mumbling "Please sir, I'd like to come in now."

edit: Claire/Jill mix up
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:15:23 PM by 10,000 Volt Ghost » Logged

John Hancock
Crystal Pepsi Lite
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 11:46:13 AM »

I'll pick it up.  I have enjoyed all the RE movies, even though the 3rd one was only so-so.  I really like Ali Larter.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 11:58:35 PM »

I finally got around to seeing this one, and let me say before hand that I enjoyed the others.

This one just feel flat though.  At first I had high hopes for it, when they said they'd taken away what had made her special before.  I expected to see her struggle more with having to deal with the zombies, but no, she was still able to pull of repeated maneuvers and moves that all required exact split second timing, and she wasn't the only one.  I think I would have really enjoyed it more if some of those special tricks of hers hadn't worked and she got slammered around or wasn't able to save some of the people she set out to.  She just felt far to invincible here AFTER they specifically took away the things that had made her invincible before. 

Also, I agree that the more outlanding super zombie stuff came out of nowhere and just didn't seem to fit.  If characters had better commented on it and they had specifically showed Umbrella working to genetically engineer super zombies to hunt people down, it might have made sense, but the way it was presented it just didn't. 
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 05:14:49 AM »

I liked it and I thought the others were o.k too. Of course some of all of them is really stupid, but I enjoyed that.

akiratubo

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 11:04:17 AM »

The first one wasn't very good, the second one was so bad it made me angry.  Haven't, not will I ever, see any more.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Archivist

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 06:07:14 AM »

I remember not liking the first, but enjoying the sequels more.

While I enjoyed the 3D version of this movie, what with all the standard 'stuff coming at you' shots, what kind of bugged me about the in-universe consistency was this: I could understand how the superpowered Milla's in the beginning were capable of awesomely acrobatic physical feats, but after she lost her abilities, how did she (and Ali Larter) manage to pull of more, similarly acrobatic stuff later?  The Matrix-y stuff is really getting old now, too, and look much too derivative.

My favourite part of the movie was the young British girl.  The 'swimming champion' with her own built-in flotation devices.   Wink

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
66Crush
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2011, 10:08:59 PM »

Kacey Barnfield. Hell Yeah, she's a great flotation device!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Resident Evil:AfterLife « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.