Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:09:45 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Gateaway into Bad Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Your Gateaway into Bad Movies  (Read 7674 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: September 13, 2010, 05:57:37 PM »

Basically what the topic says, what was your gateaway movie into the insane and wacky world of b-movies and bad crap (Well other people would say we have that if we told them we liked something called Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers and Nail Gun Massacre)?

My intro into bad movies was first started with Troll 2.  I could not believe my eyes when I saw trolls coward in fear of a baloney sandwich!  That mental image is still stuck in my head after 14 years.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 06:21:30 PM »

My memory is hazy as I used to smoke a lot of drugs, but the bad movie that really made me love bad movies (used to just watch horror) was Ricki-Oh: The Story of Ricky, either that or the granddaddy of them all, Plan 9  Cheers

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 08:37:54 PM »

I think the movie that started actually seeking out bad movies was Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. I remember hearing about a screening at a nearby university and driving there just because of the title. I loved the movie, and soon after started actually seeking out some of the stranger films. I had watched B-movies before that, but not specifically for the so-bad-it's-good factor.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 08:57:48 PM »

I honestly can't remember as it happened way back in my early childhood, though it was probably a Toho or Harryhausen film. I want to say Titans or Argonauts but I'm not certain.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 09:17:00 PM »

Rodan.  My sisters and I cried laughing.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 09:28:31 PM »

I think there were three movies that did it for me: King Kong vs. Godzilla, Q the Winged Serpent, and Swamp Thing.  I used to watch those all the time as a kid.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 03:42:13 AM »

I think it had something to do with my childhood, involving those radio spots for "The Car", & Bill Cosby's Tale of The Chicken Heart from his album Wonderfulness.

And then, there was this episode of "Mister Roger's Neighborhood", in which the puppeteer didn't have one of the puppets pulled on all the way, & you could see the cuff of his shirtsleeve peeking out from behind the set.

And then, there was that Japanese TV series The Space Giants.

What ultimately did it for, I'm not sure... I'm torn between the smoke coming out out of the spaceship's tail in "The Green Slime", and the really bad acting with a narrator who chokes on his cigarette in "Blood Freak".

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
claws
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 04:29:28 AM »

Black Samurai.
It was the 80s and my sister's boyfriend rented that movie. Me and my other sister joined and soon enough we couldn't believe what we were watching. About halfway through we were laughing tears, but not my sister's boyfriend. He was angry and P.O. because he took everything martial arts very seriously.
I made a VHS-rip of Black Samurai the very same day and it became our party flick for many years. Then came "A Night To Dismember" and that one really opened flood gates. I have been addicted to bad cinema ever since.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 04:46:10 AM »

With me, it was the musical remake of Lost Horizon with Peter Finch, Liv Ullmann, Sir John Gielgud and Andrew's favourite actor, George Kennedy which I saw when I was six ~ a friend of my folks' took me along to the cinema ~ and I hated the thing. Six years old and a movie critic already: from there on in, I was a confirmed bad movie fan.

Still am.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 05:54:30 AM »

For me, It had to be Night of the Lepus. I happen to see it late one Summer night on the CBS late night movie with my brother when I was around 8 years old. Even then I could see how bad while also hilarious both the premise and effects of the film happen to be. I've been hooked on bad movies ever since. I've been mocking them while watching them ever since.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 06:13:29 AM »

I think the first stage was watching Elvira's Movie Macabre, admittedly mostly for the cleavage, but I ended up seeing a lot of bad movies and realizing the need to mock them.  A bit later I started watching MST3K, and by that time the mold was probably cast.  Slave Girls from Beyond Infinity was the first bad movie I remember recording and watching over and over.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 07:22:36 AM »

Manos, the hands of Fate. Yet another reason why I enjoy this movie.... Wink

yeah no.
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 08:52:08 AM »

Certainly catching "The Land That Time Forgot" when I was about eleven played a big part in shaping my taste in movies, as did watching "Dr Who".
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:01:54 AM by JJ80 » Logged

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 09:00:11 AM »

Probably when my mother took me to a Saturday matinee around 1969 or 1970 to see this:

Small | Large

And now I'm a proud owner of the DVD!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 11:20:03 AM »

Wow,

I really can't pin point the exact moment in time.  I have alway loved B movies.  I would have to say that movies that started it would be the Green Slime and Zardoz.  I remember watching them when I was real real young.  What a turning point that was.  Great memories.   Cheers

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Gateaway into Bad Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.