Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:02:33 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  White Fire (1984) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: White Fire (1984)  (Read 2621 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: September 14, 2010, 02:18:57 PM »

Small | Large

Holy Crap this was really nuts. The print is crappy and the opening slow motion montage features people getting shot with no blood, just grabbing random parts of their body and falling down. "is this Italian?" I thought. oh no, all is lost.

I expected a ton of talking with enough action to fill up a trailer then just padding till the credits but it was actually not like that at all.

A brother and sister team are diamond smugglers or diamond miners or something. For some reason the people at the diamond mine have space age clothing, space ship doors and a machine that does something that people go in and it's all lazer-y. why ? it's a mine.  

anyway, there is some cool cheesy rock, ample violence (ssee trailer) and even some nude scenes with the sister.  Fred williamson shows up. the thing is moving okay...

Then something incredibly strange happens. okay: spoiler and I am telling this only because it's so random

okay the guys sister is killed so he meets a girl  at a bar who looks alot like the sister. so much so they go to, a I am laughing as I type this, this weird new age plastic surgery retreat and transform her INTO the sister (that is bring back the first actress) AND they've fallen in love.  the guy is dating his sister!!  What the f**k!!! somehow the bad guys are supposed to forget when they killed the sister. it's utterly baffling

If that doen't make alot of sense just know this : it completely and totally derails the movie.

I can only guess they either wrote the thing very quickly and didn't really think about it, they were trying to give it some sort of bizarro incest angle or I don't know what. Again, despite the low budget its really a pretty cool movie its just ...boy what a demented plot twist there.

3/5 minus 1  for the utter confusion caused.

oh and theres some hores**t with a huge fiery hot diamond
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:18:54 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 02:57:50 PM »

Buggedout Wow! That does look insanely bizarre  Twirling

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 03:42:29 PM »

Ah, yes . . . Robert Ginty.  We had this in the video store where I worked in the 1980s.  The box cover had Ginty on it holding that chainsaw.  Brings back memories . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
major jay
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 06:22:19 PM »

I love this flick! It's one of my favorite bad movies of all time.
It was one of four movies I got on a dvd called 3 The Hard Way...Again, the other movies were Kiill Factor, Ninja Vs Mafia, and Pacific Inferno. I had never heard of the movie and was blown away at how awful ,and entertaining, it was. Besides what's already been mentioned there are random fight scenes for no reason at all, one using a chainsaw that's set in a shipyard Question, a death using a bansaw to the crotch, a woman diamond smuggler with a goofy accent I've never heard before, lots of Turkish guys with very thick mustaches and a 2000 carat diamond known as the White Fire. I read on imdb that the French title for this movie is Life to Survive which makes about as much sense as the movie, none.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 10:14:06 AM »

major jay -Another thing that doesn't make sense is that it was called 3 the hard way and you got 4 movies!
bloodkrishna
Executioner from Hong Kong
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 10:47:58 AM »

hahaha! this looks fun and weird enough for me to put it in my watch list

Toad style is immensely strong, and immune to nearly any weapon. When it's properly used, it's almost invincible
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  White Fire (1984) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.