Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:08:19 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  GI Joe The Rise Of Cobra « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: GI Joe The Rise Of Cobra  (Read 6088 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 05:13:36 AM »

I hated every second of it. The only redeeming bits I can remember of are the chase in Paris and Arnold Voosloo. At least I got a laugh out of the frequent (and misplaced) flasbacks, but the ending alone makes it a contender for worst movie ever. I mean, Stephen Sommers cycles between a series of climaexes, and all of them are copies of better movies. We have two martial artists fighting, one of them trying to avenge his death master (!), a big shootout in the enemy base pulled right from any of the eralier Bond films and what looks like a bad copy of the ending of any of the latest "Star Wars" movies.

Awful.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Jim H

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 12:50:30 PM »

I thought it was gadawful! Even thought it worse than Transformers 2 and that was horrendous.
I'm confused. 

Is that considered a compliment here or not?

A lot of people here don't particularly enjoy schlocky and stupid high budget films - they only like the low budget garbage.  Not trying to put words in anyones mouth, it just seems to me that a film like GI Joe would be loved by a lot more people on this forum if it came out 20+ years ago, had traditional effects and a budget 1/50th the size.  Then again...  I guess that'd be a way different film.   BounceGiggle

Still, it does seem to me a lot of people are way harder on the current crop of "bad movies" than they are on the trash from the older days.  For the most part that's true of myself as well.
nilbog
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 06:43:44 PM »

Personally I think this movie deserves to be in the Bad Movies forum...

craptasticmovies.com

"Nilbog! It's Goblin Spelt Backwards!"
Neville

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 03:13:43 AM »

I say we create a specific forum for this one. Its condition could be contagious.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
ArmyOfMachines25
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 09:08:48 AM »

I thought it was gadawful! 

Im glad im not the only one   TeddyR  I couldn't even finish it.

I hated this movie too. i never understood why so many people liked it.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  GI Joe The Rise Of Cobra « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.