Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:59:22 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Silent Night, Deadly Night « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Silent Night, Deadly Night  (Read 42554 times)
Charles
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Gawd, this movie was frickin' hilarious.  I rented this last Halloween to pass a lonely night, and I was not disappointed.  The dialogue, the contrived and predictable plot, the terrible acting...  it all ads up to a very funny bad movie.  And at least it's not boring.  Check out The Last Slumber Party (another movie I watched that lonely night)for a movie that is both bad AND boring. Or better yet, don't.
BRAD
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Silent Night,Deadly Night is a putrid film about a Xmas killer who dresses up as Santa Claus...and can barely act.If people want to see a great chiller that takes place during Christmas time,please watch Black Christmas(1974).It is scary and the killer isn't Santa Claus.Don't miss Black Christmas(1974),it's one of the best chillers ever made.
To Better Days,
  BRAD
Jackie Slovacek
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I rented Silent Night, Deadly Night two summers ago when I was visiting my dad in Texas. My dad liked Billy's grandpa and I liked Billy. Happy Holidays!!! PUNISH
Mike
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Randomly stumbled upon this movie in my local video store just this weekend, and I thought "what better way to get into the christmas spirit than watching a maniac in a Santa suit kill people". It's not as "shocking!" as the movie box makes it out to be (about average in the nudity and gore factor as far as 80's slasher films go), but I looked it up on IMDB, and according to them, the film actually did stir up a fair bit of controversy due to parents being concerned about the general idea of Santa being portrayed as a serial killer. Which makes sense I suppose.

Anyway, it's still a pretty entertaining mix of the typical cheap thrills, unintentional hillarity, and even a refreshingly psychological bent (at last, an 80's horror movie that actually has an explanation as to why teenagers tend to get killed after trying to have sex... because they've been NAUGHTY!!!). Probably my favorite moments are when Billy's insane grandfather goes out of his catatonic state specifically to traumatize him while his parents are gone, death by impalement on trophy deer head antlers, "Santa" giving a good little girl a razorblade for Christmas, and of course an 8 year old Billy somehow having the strength to punch a grown man in a Santa suit clear across the room. Billy does seem incredibly strong in general throughout this movie, and he's awfully muscular for someone who spent most of his life living in the only Catholic orphanage in Utah. Either the nuns were unusually fitness-minded enough to have built a gym in the basement of the orphanage somewhere, or Billy is suffering from one of the earliest and most extreme cases of drinking too much milk from cows that were given growth hormones. The ending is pretty good too (I can't help but think that those kids are going to be doubly f**ked up since they just saw Santa die TWICE in 10 minutes), but I do have a bit of a problem with the sequel set-up: Where the hell was Billy's younger brother in the rest of the movie? I mean sure I guess it's feasible they didn't take him along on that fateful trip to see grandpa, but you'd think since he's apparently been in the same orphanage all this time we'd have learned of his existence before the last 10 minutes or so of the movie.

The "Warm Side Of The Door" song is pretty bad, but almost worse is "Christmas Fever". I have no idea how a song can have so many elements of your average christmas carol (right down to lyrics about things being "jolly and gay"), and yet be so ridiculously awkward and uncatchy. The "sexy" christmas music the teen couple on the pool table is listening to is a hoot too. But to the credit of those responsible for putting together the soundtrack, that "Santa's watching, santa's waiting..." thing they use throughout the film actually is pretty successfully unnerving, kind of a creepy equivalent of "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" that focuses entirely too much on the "Santa is watching everything you do" aspect.
Mr. Murphy
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2004, 12:22:21 AM »

Linnea has a great rack in this one. Ha. (Sorry(
night heron
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2004, 08:17:02 AM »

The producer and director of this movie should be buried under a ton of coal as well as being boiled in their own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through their hearts its just as bad as THE LAST TEMTATION OF CHRIST and its too grafic as well
Spur wing plover
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2004, 01:36:46 PM »

How bad do they have to get it wasnt enough they made the first one but why the sqeuials? its just gets more awful and more bloody and why santa? they should have used someone else
Gord
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

A classic! I bought this on DVD a few months back and thankfully can finally retire my overplayed VHS copy. It's become an annual ritual to fire this sucker up on Christmas Eve (along with Bad Santa and The Trailer Park Boys Xmas Special) since I quite honestly hate just about everything associated with Christmas. Sure its crap, but its enjoyable crap and it has some pretty funny lines in it ('7:00... it's over! Time to get s**tfaced! Ahahahahah!' - Mr Sims).

ADAM
New Visitor

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2007, 07:59:04 AM »

This is one of my favourite horror movies.

It's a creepy, chilling, smart, upsetting and slow flick.

Well the acting from Billy, Mother Superior, Ricky, Grandpa is perfect, but they did have a few actors who weren't great. If they were more convincing and the movie wasn't slow then this would be a classic for me.

I love the creepy carol at the begginning and end.

I also love the scene where Santa pops out of the corner and hacks the cop, and also the famous grandpa scene, and of course the end.

I found the format colour sometimes annoying when the screen goes dim then back to normal.

I got this on dvd from ebay.co.UK for around £10 with 2 unfortunately.

I really want to see the third one. I know that i might sound crazy but at least it would be better than 2. I need help to find it and 4 and 5.

I will give this slasher  Smile Smile Smile Smile out of  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 08:03:27 AM by ADAM » Logged
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 08:28:27 PM »

One of my favorite slasher films. Out of all the horror movies I have seen not to many really explain why a character is going out there and hacking people with an axe, but SNDN does. No movie beats the cover art either.

luke-jones
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 02:23:03 PM »

Thumbdown Hatred

This is INSULTING!

Never- do - this - again.
tortle24
New Visitor

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 06:38:46 AM »

I have seen those all bad movies and specially the one i like Silent Night Deadly Night 2 it really scares me a lot when i am watching it together with my friend. It is amazing horror movies always doing scene in Christmas events and the Christmas lights are great! Cheers!!! :cheers:
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Silent Night, Deadly Night « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.