Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:04:15 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Radioactive Dreams « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Radioactive Dreams  (Read 37751 times)
Mark Owen
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This film rocks!! It has always been one of my fav's but I don't know anyone else who has even heard of it. If anyone knows where I can get an original copy of the vid or soundtrack, TELL ME!!!!
Warren H.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 1999, 01:45:52 PM »

This movie SUCKS!  Albert Pyun actually came up with a great concept and decent screenplay, and then screwed it all to hell when he picked himself to direct it.  Albert Pyun is a terrible director!  This movie really needed a Richard Donner (Goonies) or perhaps even a Jean-Pierre Junet (City of Lost Children) at the helm.  Cripes, even Roger Corman could've made a better movie of this.
Anon E. Maus
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 1999, 12:27:56 PM »

Yeah, this flick needs a different director.  I'd pick Robert Zemekis of Back to the Future, Contact, and Forest Gump.  Peter Jackson would have been great to.  But the F*cking-ese speaking kids were funny.
James
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 1999, 03:00:39 AM »

Well, I can't say how good or bad this is, as I've never seen all of it (bits and pieces several times).  But anyways, Jean-Pierre Junet sucks at directing action scenes.  Richard Donner has some skill at it, but Albert Pyun is far and away the best American direct-to-video director there is. Of course, his movies are not up to my Hong Kong standard of quality (incidentally, most American direct-to-video releases are budgeted around the same as a big budget Hong Kong one).  Still, that's just about all Pyun can do.  Junet wasn't even heard of in 1986, how could they have gotten him to direct?  Donner was already big after Lethal Weapon (I think that's Donner at least) and certainly wouldn't direct low budget trash like this.  What Albert Pyun needs to start doing is having a co-director for the dramatic parts, and helming the action stuff himself.  Maybe then he could progress up to real Hollywood action instead of low budget crap like his Adrenaline: Fear the Rush and the Nemesis sequels.
buddexette@hotmail.com
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2000, 07:18:40 PM »

Anyone know where I can buy the sound track to this movie. I personally thought that this movie was incredible - so kitsch and spoof like, but still retaining the 'awful B-Movie syndrome' - a classic based on an imagination given leave to bound about. Terrific!!!
synthia42@hotmail.com
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2000, 07:24:15 PM »

I have to say, I adored this movie. It brings out all the strange, twisted, totally off the wall, sides of me! It's actually one of my unknown obsessions, but that's ok. I don't really understand myself, but it was happy childhood memory of mine. Oddly enough my father taped the soundtrack from the movie, and I grew up listening to that before I ever knew what it was. Those are some pretty strange sounds to introduce someone to a movie!! And the lines he caught during the music sounded very peculiar out of context! (not that all of it didn't! lol)

Like buddexette, I would love it if I could find anyone with a copy of the soundtrack!!!! Or of where to find it.
Carlos Z
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2000, 09:32:20 PM »

I have loved this flim since it first hit the shelves in the 80's! I only hope that my copy never wears out! It combines a mix of B-movie cheese, from 40's style detectives, 70's Roger Corman-esque bikers, and the Nuclear Holocaust hysteria/ Post-Nuke films of the 80's. This film never hit the main stream theatres because it was never meant to! Most likely it ran through the small, indie/art house theatres then to video. Actually giving this film a budget, or a director like Zemekis (or whoever), would have 'cheapened' the entertainment value of the film, maybe even overdramatized the acting and given it a forgetable soundtrack, and a desperate attempt to make it a 'serious' film. Forget all that. RADIOACTIVE DREAMS is a brilliant film to sit back and enjoy (like REPO MAN), not to be analyzed as to the whys and whatfors of the plot, directing or production. No deep, hidden meaning to it. I want to know who I have beg, bribe or kill to get the soundtrack on CD and the movie on DVD!!
Dominic
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2000, 07:45:54 PM »

I have been searching for a copy of Radioactive Dreams for years because Michael Dudikoff kicks ass, so i was f**kin' made up when i saw that it was on cable. I love this goddamn hilarious movie. It's great to see Dudikoff unwind, and play a role which is a complete contast to his usual seriousness. He just seems so natural and comfortable with this thype of role. If anyone is interested, please visit my rock band's site(www.narcosis-uk.homepage.com), as there is a link to a great Dudikoff site. Please sign the guest book first.
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2001, 04:39:10 PM »

George Kennedy is the best actor in the world....
OrionDuHast
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The opening scenes of this film were unforgettable! The black and white vision of the "fathers?" hiding the heros in the bomb shelter when they were young kids and then watching them grow to noir inspired private dicks! Where do they come up with this stuff?! Of course the sound track was perfect for this 80's cold war gem..
Mighty Max
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I saw this incredible movie for the first time when I was 13 (now I'm 20) and I saw it again yesterday night on the same little italian network where I saw this movie 7 years ago!!!
7 years ago I didn't tape it, but now...hey man, now I 've got it!!!!! YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!
I love this movie, I love its great soundtrack and I love the actress that plays Miles!!!!!!
What can I say? if you never see this masterpiece, try to rent it, to buy it, to get a copy, to tape it coz if you don't do it, you're losers!!!!!!!!!!
If I'll become a director, I'll surely make a sequel of this movie!!!!! I promise!!!!!!!
With Army Of Darkness and Alice In Wonderland, these three movies are the ones that I take with me in a nuclear shelter!!!!!!!!

Daniel
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I actually worked on this movie as part of the crew. They shot some exteriors and interiors right on Washington Bl in Culver City. I was going to film school then and was frustrated with the quality of the education and just when I was about to change careers, I got a job on a new flick called "Radiocative Dreams". This movie changed my life. I was going to quit filmaking and become a "film critic" to vent my frustrations, but I figured that if this retards could get a job directing then anyone could, even Mother Theresa.
This is 2003 and retarded directors keep making their 'radiocative dreams' only they spend 80 millions and call it "Godzilla" or "Forrest Gump". Obviously there is a need for this type of entertainment. Isn't there?
J R
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Great B (or Z?) movie.  Reminds me of the all night flicks at the drive-in when we used to pay a dollar for as many people as we could fit in the car (my record was 18).  I have watched this one at least half a dozen times over the years. How in the hell did they get all these "name" actors? FYI - the soundtrack that everyone in the previous messages has been raving about is apparently only available in Germany on vinyl.  I bought one off Ebay.  They aren't cheap but they are available, and the German copies are up to, or exceed U.S. standards for vinyl records.  I don't know of any on CD, unfortunately.
Rutledal
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 04:24:13 PM »

I write for a site were we amongst other thing count action actor's movie kills so I was wondering if somebody knows if Dudikoff kills anyone in this movie, and if possibly how many.

Thanks in advance.

- Stein
Stargazer
New Visitor

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 06:52:25 PM »

@Stein: Dudikoff kills only one person in affect. Both heroes are more into running than into fighting! ;-)

Ok, where to start. I really love this movie and the soundtrack. As most of you I was always searching the internet every now and then for a release of either the DVD or a CD Version of the soundtrack.

After all these years both have finally been released! The bad news is, as far as I could scout, only in Germany so far. You will find the DVD (it has a VHS quality) and a DVD+Soundtrack  (limited Special Edition) on Amazon.de. You can search for "Radioactive Dreams SE" or simply "Radioactive Dreams" (what a surprise :-) ) as I am not allowed to post any links here.

But this could also mean that a US DVD release is close at hand! The DVD (normal version on Amazon is already out of stock) contains also the English language.

I pre ordered and received my copy today and I am pretty happy with the Special Edition as one can easy guess.

That's all, just wanted to let you know.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Radioactive Dreams « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.