Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:12:12 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Like Candy Corns? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do You Like Candy Corns?
Yum, any time of the year! - 4 (16.7%)
Meh, they're good once in awhile. - 11 (45.8%)
That so called candy should be used for landfill. - 9 (37.5%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Do You Like Candy Corns?  (Read 5383 times)
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 09:11:53 AM »

It may have something to do with the fact that only generic, low-quality brands sell the stuff around here, but when I tried it I found them to taste like stale marshmellows with a chalky texture. Not very appealing.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 12:37:20 PM »

I have had Candy Corn before.  Needless to say I would like to never eat them again. 
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 12:52:29 PM »

I've had them before...and would like to eat them again!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 01:00:28 PM »

Candy corn is one of those candies that always struck me as kind of weird. Never really found the idea all that appealing, and I can't say I've ever had candy corn except when some cheapskate handed it out. I don't care for it personally, but any candy corn I've come across has been cheap, bulk-aisle crap. Maybe quality candy corn is better, if such a thing exists in the present day.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 10:52:54 AM »

candy corn shoes

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 11:11:42 AM »

Fashions4fetish.com... Does that mean people get turned on by candy corn shoes? The world is a wondrous place. TeddyR

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 11:42:25 AM »

Question I have never had them, how would you describe the taste? Do they actually taste like corn, but sweet?

No, they've pretty much got a pure sugar/marshmallow taste, but with a sort of chewy/waxy texture.  They're not too bad if you eat them in small quantities but they're the kind of treat that will make you feel really nauseated if you pig out on them.

My sentiments exactly.  I really like them, but after a while they get kinda blaaaah.  Much like Circus Peanuts.

I appear to be the only person in the world who likes Circus Peanuts.  I can eat quite a few before I get sick of them, too.  I've ALWAYS liked them, since I was a little kid.  And half the time I buy them I get them just because they gross everyone else out so much.   TeddyR
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 12:12:51 PM »

I appear to be the only person in the world who likes Circus Peanuts.  I can eat quite a few before I get sick of them, too. 
I like them: but not fresh, and not the banana-flavoured ones.  TongueOut My husband buys them on sale (stale) for me.   I'll eat them until I cannot eat any more.  (Same as candy corn).   Lookingup

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
akiratubo

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 01:31:28 PM »

Circus Peanuts?

BARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!  Oh, god, it's coming out my nose!  BARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 05:21:24 PM »

I appear to be the only person in the world who likes Circus Peanuts.  I can eat quite a few before I get sick of them, too. 
I like them: but not fresh, and not the banana-flavoured ones.  TongueOut My husband buys them on sale (stale) for me.   I'll eat them until I cannot eat any more.  (Same as candy corn).   Lookingup

I like these too. Stale or fresh, does not matter. Like the orange ones best.  TeddyR

Hold onto your dreams ....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 07:37:03 PM »

Candy corn is a nostalgia thing for me. Stuff I usta like as a kid...not so much no more.
Back in the mid to late sixties-when there was no curfew on Halloween night-(we did "Trick or Treat for UNICEF!"-and sombody would toss a penny or a nickle into a little box thingy the school gave us)-....I forgot what I was going to say. Ah well. I hadda real chezzy paper skeleton mask and a chezzy tie up jump suit kinda thing that hadda drawing of same chezzy skeleton-but so fun. No PC Halloween s**t. But never got a razor blade inna apple-or LSD in my carmel corn.

Oh...I gotta go! Try and see ya Sat or Sun! WILL BE HOME IN NOVEMBER!

Love you folks! Children of da night...what music you make..... Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Raffine

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2010, 08:10:23 PM »

Candy corn is a nostalgia thing for me. Stuff I usta like as a kid...not so much no more.
Back in the mid to late sixties-when there was no curfew on Halloween night-(we did "Trick or Treat for UNICEF!"-and sombody would toss a penny or a nickle into a little box thingy the school gave us)-....I forgot what I was going to say. Ah well. I hadda real chezzy paper skeleton mask and a chezzy tie up jump suit kinda thing that hadda drawing of same chezzy skeleton-but so fun. No PC Halloween s**t. But never got a razor blade inna apple-or LSD in my carmel corn.

Oh...I gotta go! Try and see ya Sat or Sun! WILL BE HOME IN NOVEMBER!

Love you folks! Children of da night...what music you make..... Cheers

Yah, it's RC!

The ones with the brown bottoms seemed to have a bit more flavor - but maybe I'm fooling myself.

The little pumpkins made of similar stuff are a poor substitute.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2010, 09:06:36 PM »

NSFW (due to some bad language) but its Lewis Black so you should know what to expect.
Small | Large

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2010, 09:32:05 PM »

Hmmm...you know what? Since the stuff is largely considered barely edible and it doesn't seem to go bad (just really, really stale and hard), I think I might have to use it in an art project. Maybe make a mural out of it sometime...
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Like Candy Corns? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.