Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:20:18 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Any unwanted critters in your home? (besides any relatives) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Any unwanted critters in your home? (besides any relatives)  (Read 11624 times)
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 10:36:51 AM »

In my last rented "suite" I had problems with spiders popping up in my shower every few days. Now, I don't mind spiders provided they don't catch me by surprise or crawl on me. Heck, I think some species are just plain gorgeous. I didn't even think these guys were gross or scary, but it was annoying having to take a few minutes to scoop them into a container so that I could release them somewhere that'd be better for the both of us.

Now I just see the occasional fruit fly buzzing around my plants. I think I might get a venus flytrap to deal with that problem.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 12:03:21 PM »

We had a lot of these ugly little things this year:

I guess the weather was just perfect for them or something.  I even found one in the bottom of the cup that we keep our toothbrushes in  Buggedout  They seem to be going down in numbers quite a bit lately though.

Now that it's fall, we usually get a lot of bugs trying to escape the cold and come live with us in our cozy warm house.  I spray some bug killer all around the foundation.  Probably doesn't do any good, but it makes me feel better at least.

One of my favorite NIGHT GALLERY episodes is the one where one of these crawls inside a guy's ear.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 12:35:44 PM »

A few years ago, maybe 2002, my wife and I went to Chicago, and we saw an exhibit at the Field Museum that was sort of a scaled-up model of the world in your backyard. The most memorable thing was the earwig nest. It had a six-foot animatronic earwig that would aggressively defend its nest if you came close enough to trigger a sensor, arching its back and snapping its ass-grabbers at you. Scared the living snot out of some little kid while we were there. He just started shrieking and telling Daddy to "KILL IT! KILL IT!" Practically climbed over the top of his dad. I felt sorry for the kid and his parents, but it was still funny as hell.

Looked it up, and it's still there. The Underground Adventure.
http://www.fieldmuseum.org/undergroundadventure/critters/critter_info.shtml#earwig

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 12:49:39 PM »

EEEWWWWWW! EARWIGS!  Cave crickets are creepy enough...but earwigs are just ICKY!

I've got a larger picture of that if you wanted to use it as a desktop background or something  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 04:09:26 PM »

Roaches, both non-flying and flying......

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 08:13:33 PM »

My mother in law's alleged dog!!!!!!!!! Hatred

It is a small ball of yellow fur, snot, and fleas that I simply refer to as THE BOOGER.

I fantasize about tossing her into a wood chipper.  Or a crocodile habitat.  Or a shark tank.  Or Mount Doom.  Or an iron smelter.  Or . . . you get the idea.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 09:13:37 PM »

My mother in law's alleged dog!!!!!!!!! Hatred

It is a small ball of yellow fur, snot, and fleas that I simply refer to as THE BOOGER.

I fantasize about tossing her into a wood chipper.  Or a crocodile habitat.  Or a shark tank.  Or Mount Doom.  Or an iron smelter.  Or . . . you get the idea.
well, since you put it that way, my Sister's Chihuahua. Try to be nice to him, he's bs's me everytime! Hatred

yeah no.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 11:07:42 PM »

yep.cave crickets.. ugly ones. They are big and brown and look like a cross between spiders and grasshoppers.

Same!  My mom's house has them, and while they're harmless, they DO keep the hosue up in summer. So years back I devised a not-so-original (but effective) use for them-fishing bait.   I used to put them on the hook, float them on the water w\o a sinker to weight em' down.   I pulled some of the best lookin' trout and largemouth bass out of one of our local lakes due to these insects  BounceGiggle

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Cthulhu

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 05:31:39 AM »

Ants....them damn ants!
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 05:26:25 PM »

I get ants during the summer, but they always stick around the same window, so it doesn't bother me much.

Roaches are my big annoyance. 
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2010, 08:20:32 PM »

I hate houseflies.. last night I reached into the fridge to pull out some cheese and a fly was lying on the shelf in there, dead.  Must have flown in unnoticed when I had the fridge open once.  Yuck!!!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 05:44:18 AM »

We had flies really bad at one point this year. It got to the point I was looking for the person who had a horde of Hebrew slaves building monuments so I could tell him to let those people go.
Also I have to deal with my neighbors dogs. That's why I have a Ninja Shovel of Dog Poop Flinging +5 because I tend to go out with it and sling their dogs' crap back into their yards with it. Often do this at night with a flashlight and fling it onto their porches, cars, and lawn furniture. Really wish they would have an open grill outside one night so I could load it with their dog crap.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2010, 06:19:21 AM »

We had flies really bad at one point this year. It got to the point I was looking for the person who had a horde of Hebrew slaves building monuments so I could tell him to let those people go.
Also I have to deal with my neighbors dogs. That's why I have a Ninja Shovel of Dog Poop Flinging +5 because I tend to go out with it and sling their dogs' crap back into their yards with it. Often do this at night with a flashlight and fling it onto their porches, cars, and lawn furniture. Really wish they would have an open grill outside one night so I could load it with their dog crap.

LOL  TeddyR  I found an extremely large dog poop in our yard last time I was mowing.  My wife loves to put those things back where they came from, usually on the front steps or something.  In the grill would be absolutely epic though  BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 10:25:19 AM »

Still fighting the mice. Body count is up to about five, plus one live catch and release. I think I might be down to the last mouse now, and this one is smart. Sets off the traps (probably from behind) then steals the bait. I've reached the point of entertaining ideas like setting up a mouse blind in the laundry room and laying in wait with a pellet gun. Or I could just clean out all the junk in the basement and probably uncover his little hiding place, but we all know that's not going to happen. TeddyR

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Paquita

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 09:57:56 PM »

This year I'm being mobbed by spiders!  I'm terrified of spiders!  Normally, my cats take care of them, but this year there are babies!  Teensy weensy baby spiders dangling centimeters from my face!  At first I think it's a fleck of dust or a little fuzzy, but then my eyes focus on the horror before me!  And then I stumble away gasping for help and no one can see the darn thing and I have to get all close to it again to point it out!  In many ways these microscopic menaces are scarier than the big guys.. what if I inhale one? or one gets tangled in my hair? or plops into my cereal??  I've ran into about 5 of these in the past few weeks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Any unwanted critters in your home? (besides any relatives) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.