Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:21:27 AM
713385 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  what should I do « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: what should I do  (Read 4916 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: September 24, 2010, 02:25:20 PM »

someone printed something I wrote but it's about the israel-palestinian conflict, possibly the most divisive issue in the history of mankind.

Is there anyway to post this without wishing I hadn't? Or should I just scrap the idea?
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 02:33:46 PM »

someone printed something I wrote but it's about the israel-palestinian conflict, possibly the most divisive issue in the history of mankind.

Is there anyway to post this without wishing I hadn't? Or should I just scrap the idea?

If you're asking whether or not you should open such a political can here, I would say that's up to you. I'm not one to shy away from such things, as anyone who has ever paid attention to my posts would agree to. But I've actually been enjoying the quiet since the ranting and bickering of a couple of months ago has died down.

As for the most divisive issue in the history of mankind, that's nothing compared to the issue of whether the toilet paper should rotate over or under. That one is a powder keg.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
3mnkids

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 03:36:43 PM »

Read the piece.. wow, how petty and juvenile of them.   Bluesad  Anyway, this topic will always get ugly.

I read the comments and one really stuck out..
you’ve got issues when al jizeera’s your source!
ah, obviously this individual hasn't watched Al Jazeera. They have better world news coverage than anything we have here. 

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Skull
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 04:49:45 PM »

As for the most divisive issue in the history of mankind, that's nothing compared to the issue of whether the toilet paper should rotate over or under. That one is a powder keg.

Powder Keg?

Britain owned the land in question and gave it to the Jews after World War 2. It wasnt Mulsiam territory at the time. If the Mulsiam People has to b***h at anything they should first point the finger to themselves for not controling the territory before Britain.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 05:01:28 PM »

Powder Keg?

Britain owned the land in question and gave it to the Jews after World War 2. It wasnt Mulsiam territory at the time. If the Mulsiam People has to b***h at anything they should first point the finger to themselves for not controling the territory before Britain.

I was referring to the toilet paper issue as the powder keg, not Israel/Palestine.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 05:20:28 PM »

flick- I would never broach THAT issue. I mean, hello 4th rail

SKull /3mn  - it's not even about that really. I't s more about the frustration of driving
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 05:59:51 PM »

My point exactly. I've never seen as many hurt feelings as when the toilet paper orientation issue is brought up. It usually ends up in personal attacks aimed at one's family, finances, sexual orientation, and even patriotic sympathies. It really gets quite ugly.

Skull
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 09:30:55 PM »

Powder Keg?

I was referring to the toilet paper issue as the powder keg, not Israel/Palestine.

lol... a toilet paper issue thats like a powder keg is being mandated to use one sheet per poop... although, a real powder keg issue is the toilet seat, people end up getting devorced based upon this argument...  Buggedout

Sorry Lester I didnt get a chance to read the link, but I've assumed it was a typical Israel/Palestine argument...
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 11:11:29 PM »

I keep in mind that anything anyone post on the internet without a copyright, instantly becomes public domain. This can be anything from a Tweet on Twitter to an article written for a website. This does open one up for public criticism. Best bet is to take it with a grain of salt and not worry about it. There will always be someone who has an opposing view and degrade into juvenile attacks. I have experienced this first hand myself and pretty much expect it anytime I post anything which people might have strong opinions on. Just stick to your beliefs and if the person who has an opposing view is willing to open an intelligent dialog with you on the subject, you may wish to persue it, otherwise, I would just let it alone and let them stay wrapped up in their closed minded opinions. No sense in getting into some sort of running flame war which will end up making you look as childish as them.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 01:01:19 AM »

Powder Keg?

Britain owned the land in question and gave it to the Jews after World War 2. It wasn't Mulsiam territory at the time. If the Mulsiam People has to b***h at anything they should first point the finger to themselves for not controling the territory before Britain.
Actually the British took over the area of modern day Israel from the Ottoman Empire who were Turkish Muslims. Since the Ottomans had supported the germans during World War 1, their territories were divided up among the victorious allied powers. Britain was awarded Israel as part of the deal. Also during the founding of Israel I believe the British dragged their heels for a while before they gave the territory over to the Israelis, it wasn't just some: hey you Jewish guys were treated badly during the war here have some of our territory kind of thing. I forget exactly what happened to make the British give in to their demands, I think part of it was International pressure and part of it was U.S and Soviet prodding.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 01:03:39 AM by flackbait » Logged
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 01:43:42 AM »

What's your original question? I thought you were worried that somebody posted an opinion piece without your permission. If that's the case, you have recourse. It is your writing and I'd probably start with asking them to depost it. It is the internet though, so once it's out there you can't really take it back.

Or are you asking that you should have held off on opining on such a divisive issue? If that's the case, post it and let the pieces fall where they may. Etiquette is important, but if you actually have opinions on an issue, I am of the mind that you should not be afraid to argue them. It's too easy to avoid serious issue because of politeness. But if you actually care about something, it's important to expose your stance to argument.

Argument may open the door to vehemence, but it's one of the highest virtues of communication.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 04:27:52 AM »

My point exactly. I've never seen as many hurt feelings as when the toilet paper orientation issue is brought up. It usually ends up in personal attacks aimed at one's family, finances, sexual orientation, and even patriotic sympathies. It really gets quite ugly.

I never put my toilet paper on the rack; I simply set it on the back of the toilet. I wonder what that says about me...  BounceGiggle

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Skull
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 07:07:43 AM »

Powder Keg?

Britain owned the land in question and gave it to the Jews after World War 2. It wasn't Mulsiam territory at the time. If the Mulsiam People has to b***h at anything they should first point the finger to themselves for not controling the territory before Britain.
Actually the British took over the area of modern day Israel from the Ottoman Empire who were Turkish Muslims. Since the Ottomans had supported the germans during World War 1, their territories were divided up among the victorious allied powers. Britain was awarded Israel as part of the deal. Also during the founding of Israel I believe the British dragged their heels for a while before they gave the territory over to the Israelis, it wasn't just some: hey you Jewish guys were treated badly during the war here have some of our territory kind of thing. I forget exactly what happened to make the British give in to their demands, I think part of it was International pressure and part of it was U.S and Soviet prodding.

True... and reguardless what the Muslims think today the area wasnt theirs at that time so they have nothing to b***h about.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 09:01:29 AM »

mofo- no I wrote the piece.  I hate it now though. I really should have proofread it. I just fired it off. It stinks in my opinion. the sentiment is mine but the presentation is to over the top. it's not really my voice
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 09:33:04 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 01:13:53 PM »

I keep in mind that anything anyone post on the internet without a copyright, instantly becomes public domain.

That's not legally correct, though as a practical matter I suppose it's close enough to being true.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  what should I do « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.