Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:10:42 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BadMovies.org Netflix streaming movie night? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: BadMovies.org Netflix streaming movie night?  (Read 47959 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2010, 08:10:32 AM »

Watched Vicious Lips last night.  It, well...it wasn't a big favorite of mine.  Kind of a chore to actually sit through the whole thing.  I loved the music, probably would have rather listened to a CD of that rather than watch this, which seemed more like a demo for the band than a movie.  The story couldn't be taken seriously because it was completely silly.  I don't really like stuff like that;  if I can't feel any sense of drama or realism at all, it just seems like a waste of time.  The characters were total cliches:  b***hy girl, normal girl, druggie girl, comedy relief manager, and the main girl who starts out innocent, turns into a selfish b***h, then realizes the importance of sticking together.  The attempts at comedy just left me rolling my eyes.  I was putting it on pause to see how much time was left to the end.

I guess I found out why I've never heard of this movie before it showed up on Netflix  TeddyR  Oh well, just wasn't my type of thing.  Maybe you guys and gals will like it more  Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2010, 01:13:10 PM »

lol... at first I was thinking Howard the Duck (without the Duck or George Lucas financial backing) although the smoky scene and the ladies wearing shoulder pads suits... had a Noir feeling... almost like a low-low budget Blade Runner.

Then you got a hooker with 3 boobies... (oddly, I'm not sure if they look better then the 3 boobie chick in Total Recall)... although I like the 4 boobie chick in warrior and the sorceress...

The plot was clever... although I feel it was too clever for the budget or the film director to handle, and then the story fails... Characters backstabbing each other by word of mouth and the whole running thru a building (not actually sure since the director fails to show us a building that the space ship slided into... If there was a short cut on the crash it would of make more sense... although one would wonder why nobody seen the building at the first place)...

I'd sense this story could of been Rock Star (2001)... If the director actually took the time and showed us the concert in the future and then the fans reaction and then the bands reaction towads the galactic fame... wow this movie could of been the next Star Wars if done right...

**Spoiler alert**

The plot hole of the building turns into a dream...

Although I do question this dream concept... it seems the story was going too long for it's good so it was a forced wrap up at the end.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2010, 01:44:09 PM »

although one would wonder why nobody seen the building at the first place

Oh, I'd long since given up hope of anything so logical by that point  BounceGiggle

It was kind of reminiscent of Howard the Duck now that you mention it. 

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2010, 02:25:24 PM »

although one would wonder why nobody seen the building at the first place

Oh, I'd long since given up hope of anything so logical by that point  BounceGiggle

It was kind of reminiscent of Howard the Duck now that you mention it. 

I knew the movie was going downhill after the first flashback (which I believe was 10 minutes in the movie) but because the movie has such a cool idea I wanted to know what went wrong so I kept watching the train wreck.
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2010, 03:26:22 PM »

I was putting it on pause to see how much time was left to the end.

Ha! We did that too!  It was hard to watch, but I liked all the stupid clothes and hair and make-up, and I'm glad that one girl that had the purple hair at first kept changing her look because I think that's the only thing that kept me interested!  That and trying to figure out what that blond mass on top of the lead singer's head was supposed to be.. a hat or a hairpiece?  I remember seeing it come off in a fight and thinking "Yes! finally I won't be weirded out by that thing anymore!".. and then it magically re-appeared.

I still don't know what happened.  Was it a dream or lunar madness?

Also, wasn’t the lead singer’s name supposed to be Ace?  On IMDB it says Ape!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2010, 07:32:10 AM »

I was always seeing somebody in the background who was totally unfamiliar.  Oh wait, that's just druggie girl with a new wig!  Ah well, at least the cast was attractive  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2010, 10:43:01 AM »

Whoops, forgot all about picking a movie for this weekend (forgot to take the garbage out too - It's been one of those weeks  TeddyR ).  Anybody want to watch something?

Here's some picks:

The Church (1989)
Vampire Journals (1997)
Arena (1989)
Masters of Horror: John Carpenter: Cigarette Burns (2006)
The Dungeonmaster (Ragewar) (1984)

- Paulo Coelho
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2010, 12:21:55 PM »

Whoops, forgot all about picking a movie for this weekend (forgot to take the garbage out too - It's been one of those weeks  TeddyR ).  Anybody want to watch something?

Here's some picks:

The Church (1989)
Arena (1989)
The Dungeonmaster (Ragewar) (1984)

That is really not a bad movie, very underrated. The ending is great.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2010, 01:06:02 PM »

The Church?  Yeah, I've been meaning to watch it for years.

- Paulo Coelho
Paquita

« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2010, 12:16:16 AM »

I know I've seen The Church, but I don't have the faintest memory of what it's about, so I could watch it again!  I kind of remember Asia Argento in it, and maybe some of the ending, but I could be confusing it with another movie.

Vampire Journals!!  I just watched that not too long ago when I had my Bloodstone-fest.  It's inferior to the Bloodstone movies, but it wasn't as bad as Vicious Lips.

My vote is going for Dungeonmaster!  All I had to read was "The evil wizard Mestema (Richard Moll)".. although I must have seen it because I've seen lots of Richard Moll movies, but I don't remember anything about a computer nerd.

Runner up would be Arena, though I wouldn't mind seeing Cigarette Burns either.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2010, 07:47:18 AM »

Dungeonmaster sounds good!  I'll watch that tonight.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2010, 01:47:01 AM »

Hope you'll enjoy Dungeonmaster more than I did. It has its (brief) cheesy moments but the rest is pretty bland.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2010, 10:47:03 AM »

If you want to hava particularly dumb time check out Sadomaster(2009). It's the lowest rated movie on instant. I saw it the other day. It's got some good death metal and not very good anything else.

Also

Small | Large

is really funny!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:16:22 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Skull
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2010, 11:06:14 AM »

Small | Large

We finally watched Dungeonmaster last night... wow, this move was crafted by 7 directors... although I'm not sure why... Each mini story was about 5 to 10 minutes long and therefore each mini story (if scripted) is 5 to 10 pages long...

Although I question "mini story" since it all part of a confusing tasking that is only answered with a laser from a wristband.

*Bonus surprise ~ The Walt Disney is credited or thank at the ending credits... Sadly there is no info on IMDB… it’s quite interesting how Disney has gotten involve with Dungeonmaster (or Ragewar)… although it’s also interesting to see W.A.S.P. in the movie… but as my wife said “They are a heavy metal band and would jump at the opportunity to play in any movie called Dungeonmaster.” Which might be true (no info on IMDB either)

Ok the movie...

The movie is about a super nerd with super glasses… seriously, his glasses has the power analyze a computer’s motherboard, can switch traffic lights (which has no relation to a computer) and can pull money out of an ATM by just looking at the ATM.

Wow… and Paul Bradford “Clark Kent” says he knows no magic. It’s no wonder that the greatest wizard wants to battle him.

During the course of the movie… “Clark Kent” computer is transformed into a wristband and if that wasn’t unbelievable, then the super computer wristband has the ability to shoot lasers, check police records and search of radio frequencies…

Again Clark Kent says he knows no magic…

The best part of the story was Richard Moll (I love this guy) he is wearing crazy contacts and they give him a cross-eyes, even his most serious expression looks ridiculously funny.

The best line… “Clark Kent” and his girlfriend wake up in a frozen wax museum, with such characters as Albert Einstein, Jack the Ripper (and variously other criminals… except Einstein) Anyway the characters note Einstein, Jack and other’s and one says… “It was like criminal is frozen it time”  Albert Einstein is a criminal? [most funny line ever]
Paquita

« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2010, 01:50:58 PM »

Dungeonmaster was much more fun than I thought it would be!  It was hard to follow though.  I couldn't understand a word that the ruler of the underworld monster said.  It didn't really have a beginning, backstory, or end, but I guess they put all their time and effort into those 7 amazing challenges that required great skill and brilliance to master.

Oh!  And Excalibrate (Excalibr8 or whatever it was) is a stupid name and it made me laugh.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 02:07:50 PM by Paquita » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BadMovies.org Netflix streaming movie night? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.