Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:38:51 AM
714357 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BadMovies.org Netflix streaming movie night? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Author Topic: BadMovies.org Netflix streaming movie night?  (Read 48581 times)
Skull
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »

Small | Large

It looks fun... and Asylum 'Sherlock Holmes' movie was much better then I thought...  Smile
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2010, 01:58:20 AM »

I wouldn't mind joining in once I finally get Netflix.  TeddyR
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2010, 04:22:37 PM »

C'mon ladies and gents, it's The 7 Adventures of Sinbad night tonight!

Alcoholic beverages are probably a good idea  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2010, 06:44:32 AM »

Okay, I watched it.  I'm tremendously confused  BounceGiggle  It was like they tried to shoehorn the whole Sinbad thing into a regular cheeseball action/adventure movie, and just tossed in every idea they came up with, no matter if it made any sense or not.  The lead actor seemed pretty confused as to who the heck Sinbad was supposed to be as well.  

So, 10,000 years ago, a meteoroid crashed into the ocean, and caused all these weird monsters to come into existence.  Over time it got ticked off that people were polluting the environment, so it decided to destroy the planet.  Ummm...kind of cutting off the nose to spite the face, eh?  The final straw is when Sinbad's oil tanker sinks.  But wait a minute, it was sunk by the giant squid, which was created and is controlled by the meteorite.  That's one grouchy and illogical meteorite.  Anyhow, they've got 48 hours until the power runs out on the ship - um, it's 4 miles underwater? - and then the hatches will open and all the oil will spew out.  Hey, the world's coming to an end, what does it even matter?  Anyhoo, then Sinbad goes down in his minisub and extends some tube, which is actually a drill, and...what the hell happened there?  Some big cavern opened up under the sea floor and swallowed the ship?  But then  a minute later it's on the surface, still leaking oil all over the place?  But this makes the meteorite happy?

Ahhh...yeah.  I guess that's what happened.  Oh well, there were a couple hot babes in it at least.   TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 07:24:50 AM »

So, 10,000 years ago, a meteoroid crashed into the ocean, and caused all these weird monsters to come into existence.  Over time it got ticked off that people were polluting the environment, so it decided to destroy the planet.  Ummm...kind of cutting off the nose to spite the face, eh?  The final straw is when Sinbad's oil tanker sinks.  But wait a minute, it was sunk by the giant squid, which was created and is controlled by the meteorite.  That's one grouchy and illogical meteorite.  Anyhow, they've got 48 hours until the power runs out on the ship - um, it's 4 miles underwater? - and then the hatches will open and all the oil will spew out.  Hey, the world's coming to an end, what does it even matter?  Anyhoo, then Sinbad goes down in his minisub and extends some tube, which is actually a drill, and...what the hell happened there?  Some big cavern opened up under the sea floor and swallowed the ship?  But then  a minute later it's on the surface, still leaking oil all over the place?  But this makes the meteorite happy?

Well, you got me to put this on my Amazon wish list...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Skull
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2010, 08:17:22 PM »

sorry I feel like a jerk and forget about watching the movie [actually me and the wife was at Galena that weekend for our anniversary]

I will try to watch it tonight... :)

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 07:19:11 AM »

sorry I feel like a jerk and forget about watching the movie [actually me and the wife was at Galena that weekend for our anniversary]

I will try to watch it tonight... :)

I'll be interested in hearing what you think of it.  I was, um...befuddled.  Yeah, that's the word   TeddyR  My favorite part is when they're carried off by CGI pterodactyls (or somethign like that).  There's a nest of baby...somethings.  Dude, don't stick your head in there!  Oh, he stuck his head in there   BounceGiggle

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2010, 12:50:58 PM »

The 7 Adventures of Sinbad: The Persian Prince

Wow… wow… really wow…

First, this is an Asylum, and lately Asylum has been making “rip-offs” for big budget films, Although I have not seen the Robert Downey Jr Sherlock Holmes I did seen the Asylum version and it wasn’t “that bad.” Really. And I guess the people in Asylum were thinking of making a mother of “bad movies” actually I’m not sure what they were thinking because there is so much stuff going on that it seems to be 'snipped' a few areas to reduce the playtime (although I dont think it should matter since the movie was made for video and I hope Asylum can learn from this ~ 'Dont worrie about the playtime, we have a pause button).

The movie seems that is wasnt complete during filming and Asylum has additional material from another movie (I have a hard time buying this idea since 'Sinbad' is all over the place), or somebody kept switching the script (I picture a clown playing games here ~ I can actually see this happen) or the script was written by a message board with random input based upon “Sinbad” [and somebody in Asylum has thought it would be a good idea]. I’m not quite sure but I’m considering the latter.

It was like they tried to shoehorn the whole Sinbad thing into a regular cheeseball action/adventure movie, and just tossed in every idea they came up with, no matter if it made any sense or not.

Agree… this movie has everything ‘including the kitchen sink.’

What surprised me… There are actually scenes from this Sinbad movie that actually mirrors  the Lou Ferrigno’s Sinbad of the Seven Seas… Both movies fight sexy Amazon Ladies, a rock creature (the Cyclops looks like a rock creature), and a balloon towards the ending… there was also a few other similarities I’ve noticed but those stick out…

I do wish there was some evil wizard in the new version. This movie would be so much better with some crazy wizards with a Fu Manchu mustache, long fingernails and a baby dragon perched on his shoulder.

I do like the cgi effect and the whale with the trees on it’s tail looked quite good. Actually I’ve enjoyed the flying demon too.

I do want to point out… The 7 Adventures of Sinbad: The Persian Prince was good (visually) but too depressing for me to enjoy. I think it because Asylum is trying to rip-off or have their movie compete with 2012 (I don’t actually care for this kind of apocalyptic storyline) So another lesson for Asylum to learn (Asylum your not going to win any Oscars with a movie called: The 7 Adventures of Sinbad: The Persian Prince so omit the depressing feeling)

I think I should check Asylum’s website… (Maybe I should post on their message boards, they sure got the right idea although they need some direction…  Smile )
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2010, 06:52:22 AM »

I think I should check Asylum’s website… (Maybe I should post on their message boards, they sure got the right idea although they need some direction…  Smile )

Their website is pretty funny - they know their movies are bad and they're perfectly okay with that   TeddyR  I really like some of their movies;  the ones that can be done well on a small budget.  It's when they try to make an epic on a couple million bucks that it fails.  At least for me.  But they explain on their site that they're in the business of staying in business, and those movies make money.  More power to them I guess  BounceGiggle

- Paulo Coelho
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2010, 07:43:54 AM »

I recently watched their version of "Princess of Mars" which had Traci Lords as Dejah Thoris.

The Tharks also weren't quite what I imagined...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Skull
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2010, 11:37:03 AM »

any ideas for this weekend?
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2010, 12:31:42 PM »

Feel free to suggest something  TeddyR

I've never seen any of these:

Shock Waves (1977)
Star Pilot (1966)
The Last House on the Left (1972)
Queen of Blood (1966)
Blood Sucking Freaks (1976)
Intruder (1989)

Any of those sound itneresting?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:42:15 PM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2010, 02:00:20 PM »

Shock Waves (1977) ~ Seen... actually I had more fun watching the new DVD version. Usually the movie is boring.

Star Pilot (1966) ~ I dont know if I did or didnt.

The Last House on the Left (1972) ~ Seen once and will never watch again... I dont see the intelligence in this movie except it's a rape revenge flick from the early 1970's when people are starting to adjust to see sex in the movies.

Queen of Blood (1966) ~ seen it (it's a must see if you didnt)

Blood Sucking Freaks (1976) ~ I've seen it, I'm not sure if my wife has but its fun... I do like the part with the darts...

Intruder (1989) ~ seen it, thought it was very typical for a slasher film.

I've guess it's Star Pilot (1966)... :)

Shock Waves, Queen of Blood and Blood Sucking Freaks are good picks (you should watch them when you can)
Paquita

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2010, 02:06:03 PM »

I haven't seen Queen of Blood!  I think it sounds itneresting!  Butt! I saw that Casey Kasem is in Star Pilot and that's more interesting to me!

And just because we saw a movie already doesn't mean that it won't be fun to watch it again.

Intruder was really good! It wasn't merely "typical".  Remind me to punch you for that TeddyR.
Skull
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2010, 02:12:11 PM »

Please... nobody reminds Paquita to punch me...  Buggedout

Oh, I guess I'm open for something I'd already seen too... :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BadMovies.org Netflix streaming movie night? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.