Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:17:46 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BadMovies.org Netflix streaming movie night? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: BadMovies.org Netflix streaming movie night?  (Read 47953 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2010, 02:17:34 PM »

I only made it 43 minutes into it last night - promise I'll finish it up today! 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2010, 03:39:37 PM »

Dungeonmaster was much more fun than I thought it would be!  It was hard to follow though.  I couldn't understand a word that the ruler of the underworld monster said.  It didn't really have a beginning, backstory, or end, but I guess they put all their time and effort into those 7 amazing challenges that required great skill and brilliance to master.

Oh!  And Excalibrate (Excalibr8 or whatever it was) is a stupid name and it made me laugh.

Wikipedia spells it as: X-CaliBR8 :)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2010, 08:14:59 AM »

Finished it last night.  Other than proving that if you get in a lot of fights, it's really handy to have a laser shooting armband, I guess I didn't really see too much point in the plot.  I wasn't terribly concerned with the plight of our characters either.  It almost seemed like a made-for-TV movie for little kids, except it had boobs in it.  The best part (for me) was seeing what sexy outfit they'd put the female lead in next - the outfit in the WASP video was quite nice  TeddyR  It had some cool stop-motion effect like that giant statue that came to life.  Was that from some other movie?  Seemed a bit beyond the budget of this one.  All the conversations between the main guy and Mr. Demon were just so...boring.  Ah well, I've seen worse  TeddyR  It was mildly amusing.

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2010, 10:52:42 AM »

Agree the conversation was boring and confusing... although, Richard Mall crossed eye contacts kept me laughing...

The stop motion effect could of been donated from Disney, but since the monster made only a few movements it would come to any surprise that it was created for this movie.

claws
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2010, 03:24:25 AM »

In case you guys run out on ideas what movies to watch, check my lists and see if any of those are streaming http://www.imdb.com/user/ur1346684/lists   TeddyR
Skull
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2010, 07:43:06 AM »

In case you guys run out on ideas what movies to watch, check my lists and see if any of those are streaming http://www.imdb.com/user/ur1346684/lists   TeddyR

lol there are some really good lists... I like your 10 Worst Horror Sequels... :)

as for a movie this weekend any ideas??? or should I start posting a few...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2010, 07:52:08 AM »

Post away  TeddyR

Great lists Claws, I'll definitely have to check some of those out!   Thumbup

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2010, 10:21:46 AM »

Ooooooo... 10 to Midnight and The Keep are on instant play (although I'd seen these movie a dozen of times and I dont think my wife did... but it's something i'll be watching anyway)  Wink

Ok my list of movies:

Rockula ~ I dont think I have seen this one, it looks fun but we have already seen several "rock-n-roll" stories... or we need to see some more?

Highway to Hell ~ Hehe... I'd rented this flick out in the 90's and thought it was ok, but something is pushing me to see it... maybe it's becasue of all those "rock-n-roll" movies we seen...

Condor ~ Ok, never seen it but it sounds like a made for tv movie... Not sure but Pre-Robocop?

Android ~ Another Klaus Kinski movie... We have a running joke in the house about Klaus Kinski and Paul Naschy films... :)

Five Golden Dragons ~ this one seems intresting

Quest for the Mighty Sword (Ator III: The Hobgoblin, The Lord of Akili) ~ from the man that gave us Troll 2...  Buggedout

Any of those 6 or if you want to suggest anything else is fine with me... :)
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2010, 11:46:44 PM »

Is Hello Dolly or the original Dr. Doolittle on Netflix? They're among the worst big-budget musicals ever.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2010, 07:38:18 AM »

Rockula looks like it would be fun  Thumbup  Kind of an '80s style romantic comedy or something...apparently.  I think it wouldn't be injurious to our health  TeddyR

Android is a fun cheesy movie as well.  Haven't seen it in a long time.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2010, 08:04:05 AM »

Watched Rockula last night.  It was kind of fun.  It turned into a music video for fairly long periods of time, but I enjoyed the music - the female vocalist was actually pretty darned good.  Toni Basil as the mom kind of stole the show.  Then there was Thomas Dolby as the bad guy and Bo Diddley as the guitar playing dude, pretty cool!  The plot wasn't bad, considering how little there was of it between the videos.  Kind of an interesting twist instead of the usual vampire thing.  Very, very cheesy at times.  I enjoyed it, a moderate amount  BounceGiggle

- Paulo Coelho
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2010, 12:14:23 PM »

WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T WATCH THANKSKILLING, YOUR EYES AND EARS WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!!!

The Turkey looks like a Vulture and does the worst Chucky impersonations.  Drink Bluesad
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2010, 02:13:51 PM »

WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T WATCH THANKSKILLING, YOUR EYES AND EARS WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!!!

The Turkey looks like a Vulture and does the worst Chucky impersonations.  Drink Bluesad

My eyes and ears haven't been on speaking terms with me in years  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2010, 01:31:14 PM »

lol... Our internet was down sunday, so we'll try to watch it tonight... :)
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2010, 09:56:17 AM »

We saw Rockula like 3 months ago.. really not that long ago!  I tried to remind him and convince him and retold the whole story, he still didn't remember!  I started to think maybe I watched it by myself, or dreamed the whole thing, so we put it on last night.  As soon as he saw Toni Basil, he remembered  Lookingup.

I really did like it though, but it's a movie that needs at least 6 months between repeat viewings.  I agree that Toni Basil stole the show! but the story was kind of cute too.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BadMovies.org Netflix streaming movie night? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.