Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:47:01 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Supernatural season 6 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Supernatural season 6  (Read 10185 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 27, 2010, 09:13:10 AM »

Anyone watch it? I was slightly disappointed with it. I read that they we going to bring back their grandfather and was curious how they would do it. Meh, not really happy with the explanation.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 12:32:52 AM »

Yeah, the season opener was probably my least favorite episode of Supernatural ever.  It was kind of dull by normal standards for the series.  The plot was pretty lackluster, and I found Grandpa, the cousins, and even Sam to be downright unlikeable in that episode.  I'm hoping it's just off to a slow start, and they are just setting up the next great storyline. We'll see.  
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 12:37:32 AM by the ghoul » Logged
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 03:57:12 PM »

I just watched the second season 6 episode.  It was definitely a big improvement over the season premiere.  Supernatural is back! 

It seems that there is a possibility that grandfather isn't who he says he is.

Sam has changed, and it seems suspicious to me that on one hand he tells Dean he didn't contact him because he wanted him to have a normal life, but on the other hand he's now telling him that he can't have a normal life.

I'm glad to see that the black Chevy Impala and Castiel will both be returning in the next episode.
3mnkids

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 05:01:25 PM »

yep, the second episode was much better. I wonder who the grandfather was talking to and if Sam used the baby for bait. Not cool if he did.    Should be an interesting season.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Neville

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 04:44:10 PM »

Looks like the season is recovering fast, but it still feels awkward to me. My problem with it is that I think it is entirely unnecesary. The fifth season should have been the last one. It offered proper closure to most of the running themes in the series, and nothing they come up with can be bigger than preventing Apocalypse.

So, what can a season 6 offer? A few good episodes? Glimpses of a chemistry between the brothers that can't be the same after the events in season 5? A few more monster of the week episodes? That's not worth the damage it can do to my memories of the series.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 11:12:02 PM »

Looks like the season is recovering fast, but it still feels awkward to me. My problem with it is that I think it is entirely unnecesary. The fifth season should have been the last one. It offered proper closure to most of the running themes in the series, and nothing they come up with can be bigger than preventing Apocalypse.

So, what can a season 6 offer? A few good episodes? Glimpses of a chemistry between the brothers that can't be the same after the events in season 5? A few more monster of the week episodes? That's not worth the damage it can do to my memories of the series.

Yeah it's hard to top the apocalypse, but they didn't exactly end that storyline with a bang.  The big showdown between Michael and Lucifer that was hyped like it was going to lay waste to an entire city ended up being two whiney guys falling into a hole in a little cemetery with only three people there to witness it.  But the funny/weird/stupid things like that are the main reason I like Supernatural.  The latest episode ("Weekend At Bobby's") was the best one so far this season.  Getting a glimpse of Bobby's ridiculous daily routine and the whole Gavin McCloud thing made that episode one of the more memorable ones out of the entire series.  As far as the brothers are concerned, their chemistry has always been off for one reason or another, so that's nothing new.  I get a huge kick out of Supernatural, and as long as it stays whacky I hope the series keeps on going.   
3mnkids

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 08:33:42 AM »

I really enjoyed last weeks episode. It was nice seeing Crowley again. Yes, he is evil but damn! he looks good.   TeddyR  I think this season is picking up steam and is getting better but I agree that something is off. Maybe because of different writers? Its not as funny and, I dont know, the vibe is just different.  Question

the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 08:57:48 PM »

Last night's episode officially confirmed all of the suspicion that Sam has become a dick. The vibe is definitely different this season.  I was trying to find the right word for it and the only thing I could come up with is "unsettling."  The show still has its funny moments, but the overall tone is anxious, uneasy, and kind of depressing.  My guess is that the writers are creating that tension on purpose because it fits in with whatever they are leading up to.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 09:00:32 PM by the ghoul » Logged
Renee Wood
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 05:34:19 PM »

I loved Supernatural..until now. I think the writers are making the mistake of not knowing when to end a series. (I've noticed alot of authors are doing this as well) Sometimes I think you need to go out in style and not try to drag it until the last possible minute, even if it has high ratings. To me that is where the X -files went wrong..just didn't know when to end it . So now I remember the last seasons and say what a shame it went that way. People could be saying..wow that is a great series, etc and not talking about the poor last seasons.
Neville

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 05:54:46 PM »

I'll give them this, the last episode, "You can't handle the truth", was awesome.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Supernatural season 6 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.