Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:22:37 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Is it me or is Gorgo not frequently reviewed among these B-movie sites? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is it me or is Gorgo not frequently reviewed among these B-movie sites?  (Read 2361 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 28, 2010, 08:53:39 PM »

Ever since I was a kid something always seemed a little off about it. Sure I liked the monster action and the kid in it was annoying but after all the Kennys of Gamera and Godzilla he's not so bad. I haven't seen it since high school actually so I wonder if I'd better appreciate it as an adult.

But I swept around a few of the links Andrew set up and it doesn't seem to get reviewed much. Is it just 'so okay it's average' so it's under the radar? I mean Ken Begg wouldnt' review it since he touches on the more 'so bad it's horrible' section of B-Movies but I'd love to see Liz of 'Scientist' tackle it.

Actually Gamera isn't reviewed either now that I think about it.

Perhaps the next time there is a round table they could do one for giant European monsters although Kongo was already reviewed for an ape themed one.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 09:23:17 PM »

And Reptilicus, but yes, I would like to see a JJ80- er Gorgo review.

yeah no.
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 10:11:12 PM »

I haven't seen too many reviews of "Gorgo" hanging around the place although it does seem to be well-known among b-movie fans and has had plenty of tv exposure over the years, you'll have probably seen the ones on 'Stomp Tokyo" and 'Radiation Scarred Reviews".
    It is my favourite monster movie as you may have guessed: there's plenty of action and a decent sense of lurking menace and I like the fairly unusual element of the mother and son monsters as well as the film's very colourful general 'look' and decent miniature work. Although the monster design IS rather 'cheesy' I like the mixture of dragon, turtle and dinosaur elements in it.
  I don't really mind the kid 'Sean' too much or the fairly long sequence mainly consisting of World War 2 stock footage during the naval hunt for the monster although the plot does really to pick up when the Mother finally makes landfall in London.
   It's really just a pity that the movie never had a full sequel with both creatures surviving along with the main human protagonists.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 10:12:20 PM »

Believe me I'm MUCH worse....

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 02:29:31 AM »

Believe me I'm MUCH worse....

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle Karma!

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 07:37:33 PM »

Gorgo isn't that bad of a movie.  It only makes sense that giant sea creatures aboud in other parts of the world, not only Japan! 

Another movie that takes place in the British Isles is The Giant Behemoth. Also quite good and one I watched a lot on TV as a kid.

Posted by daveblackeye15

Ever since I was a kid something always seemed a little off about it. Sure I liked the monster action and the kid in it was annoying but after all the Kennys of Gamera and Godzilla he's not so bad. I haven't seen it since high school actually so I wonder if I'd better appreciate it as an adult.

Werd...little kids in Japanese films are absolutely annoying. And don't forget Roc-San, the little kid in Godzilla vs. Megalon. His voice was equally able of shattering glass too  BounceGiggle

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Is it me or is Gorgo not frequently reviewed among these B-movie sites? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.