Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:13:40 PM
713373 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My parents are divorcing. (Was: "Gee, Thanks Mom...") « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: My parents are divorcing. (Was: "Gee, Thanks Mom...")  (Read 3571 times)
bloodkrishna
Executioner from Hong Kong
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 03:05:30 AM »

Like I said, she's never been one to express that emotion in front of others (at least, not us kids.)  That or affection, so we all kind of grew being these emotionally distant people.  So, now when a situation comes up that would call for me to do stuff like hug her, tell her encouraging things, remind her I love her and stuff, it's like... it's hard to do.  Cause it's not stuff we usual say, so there's there distance between us and, frankly, I don't know how to cross it.  
but isn't this is the right moment to break this little ice between you and your mum?
come on, I think in this situation, she need your care and love

Toad style is immensely strong, and immune to nearly any weapon. When it's properly used, it's almost invincible
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 11:50:39 AM »

So, anyway.. for an update.  Been checking in with my mom.  She's not doing so great I guess.  Understandably, it's difficult for her to talk about the situation without breaking down a bit.  She's a bit concerned about the future, as she's 60, got a bad knee, and foot, and hasn't worked in years, so dunno how she'll be able to get by.  She's especially about what will happen few years down the road, and what a burden she'll be on my sister and their family, when/if her condition worsens.  

I don't know, the whole situation is just crazy.  I don't really know what to make of it.  I mean, I have to admit, I did see this as a possibility a few years back when I was still living with them.  For various reasons I'm not going to get into, they started doing some things I couldn't help but think, "This won't end well..." but I just did my best to put it out of my mind as it wasn't really my business.

Anyway, she had a meeting with a lawyer.  Dunno about the details, but the lawyer gave her a free half hour consultation, and then said she's need $2,000 for a retainer before she could start doing anything.    

I just can't get over how my stepdad just up and does this after TWENTY-TWO years of marriage.  I mean, whatever flaws mom may have, you think he'd have gotten used to them by now, or at least be willing to try counseling or something before just up and leaving.  I'm getting the feeling the other woman's got him thinking of the whole "grass is greener" type mentality.  

(sighs)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:48:20 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 08:31:08 PM »

Don't let this unhappy circumstance possess your own life.  Be supportive of your mother, break the mold and express affection and kindness to her, surprise her maybe, you decide what's the most you can do, but let her decide what she needs to do.  I am relating in a personal way... I've been 'round that mulberry bush, very different yet ironically similar, I think I understand what you're experiencing.  Men can do some not nice things, blatant philandering... slinking around... lying.  So, it's hurtful.  Don't get sucked in.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My parents are divorcing. (Was: "Gee, Thanks Mom...") « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.