Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:13:17 AM
714153 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Happy Feet 2? (A.k.a Penguin movie #765,874) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Happy Feet 2? (A.k.a Penguin movie #765,874)  (Read 2652 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 29, 2010, 10:48:10 AM »

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/happy-feet-2-in-3d

I didn't think anybody cared about Happy Feet 1.

Penguins are over-rated.

Pilgermann

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 10:59:57 AM »

There aren't that many penguin films.  The first Happy Feet did pretty darn well (nearly $200 million in the US), and it was a film I was excited about seeing on its original release because it was helmed by George Miller (Mad Max flicks, Babe movies).  It was impressive from a technical standpoint, and it wasn't boring or anything, but it seemed kind of scatterbrained in its presentation.  It was an adventure, a musical, a comedy, and it took a dark turn with its odd scenes incorporating human actors and an environmental message.  Not that all those elements can't work together, but it was just a big mish-mash.  I might see the sequel.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 12:08:29 PM »

I didn't like Happy Feet. It struck me as a movie they threw together to capitalize on the success of March of the Penguins. Hence, the big mish-mash.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
dean

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 12:10:41 PM »

I enjoyed the movie, though I wouldn't call it brilliant by any stretch.  I will say though that I had the honour of attending the premiere here where the film was introduced by none other than Mr Miller himself, which probably made me enjoy it more!

I wonder how they could do a sequel though?  It'll go to some bizarre place if they continue with the 'humans noticing they can dance' angle.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 08:37:47 PM »

I saw when I took a girl out to a movie.  We both liked it, but I just don't see why it would warrant a sequel.  Where could they possibly go after how the film end.  Plus, Britany Murphy passed away.  It would be weird to do a sequel without her, especially when she had a big role in the movie (mostly) and she was very good.  Why make a sequel and have to replaced her (Pink is filling in as her singing voice now)?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 10:44:03 PM »

"Happy Feet" was alright, but I didn't leave the theatre thinking "Y'know, this movie needs a sequel. There were just too many loose ends and there's so much you can do with tap-dancing penguins." Sheesh Hollywood...some stories/messages are much more effective if they do their thing, take a bow, and finish with just one movie. Did "Citizen Kane" need a sequel? No, it did not. The filmmakers made their point and moved on.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Happy Feet 2? (A.k.a Penguin movie #765,874) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.