Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:28:33 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1976) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1976)  (Read 6572 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 06:41:19 PM »

akira -spoiler alert   whatever however you do it-------   +++===

the ending was awesome. she was going to kill herself rather than be raped by the guy and instead he took her drink. the camera lingered on her for the entirety of the credits. i thought it was really effective ending

Funny, but I never really took the ending as Rynn was going to kill herself. I always thought she knew he would take her cup instead for some reason. Either way, I liked the ending, too.
She was not going to kill herself; she knew exactly what she was doing.  The point being she'd graduated from accidental homicide to actual murder. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 10:43:13 PM »

Like about a few hundred other films from the early to mid 70's. They were dark times and the films reflected that.

That is one of the things I love about movies from that time, including this one. They could get away with endings that were dark and/or ambiguous. Nowadays, if it isn't a happy (or at least optimistic) ending, it's a cheap shock ending. And you don't get much ambiguity unless it's blatantly setting up a sequel. Back then, you could do it for artistic reasons.

Saw this movie on TV a few months ago. It was the first time I'd seen it in probably close to 30 years. Not as much tension as I remember, but that's true of most thrillers I saw as a kid.

It did remind me of how good Martin Sheen was at playing smarmy creeps.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
wreckage3001
New Visitor

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 05:27:05 PM »

I agree AndyC, they don't do such films today. Anyway this is Jodie Foster's best performance ever.

If you love TLGWLDTL like I do please visit rynnjacobs.blogspot.com, it's completely dedicated to the movie. Even if you're a big fan I bet that you might find many new and interesting details there...
wreckage3001
New Visitor

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »

akira -spoiler alert   whatever however you do it-------   +++===

the ending was awesome. she was going to kill herself rather than be raped by the guy and instead he took her drink. the camera lingered on her for the entirety of the credits. i thought it was really effective ending

Funny, but I never really took the ending as Rynn was going to kill herself. I always thought she knew he would take her cup instead for some reason. Either way, I liked the ending, too.
She was not going to kill herself; she knew exactly what she was doing.  The point being she'd graduated from accidental homicide to actual murder. 
To tell the truth this theory is no more provable than the other. The crucial line is her whispered "I thought I did" when Hallet asked her if she knows to survive. For me this is at least a possible sign of resignation, not of an ice cold killer plan. What's really interesting are her next two questions, "What about Mario?" and "Will you tell your wife". I think she knows his answers already and is fully aware of the things to come. Rynn is a clever girl sure, but not a single scene of the movie tells us she's devilish or like Damien from The Omen, she's no way a killer. What is quite different to the novel. But maybe some movie tag lines or the bad marketing of TLG gave some people the idea of  Rynn as a very dark person and this way a planned poisoning seems to make sense. Remember how Rynn discovers all these new feelings in very short time...first love and the possible sudden death of it the same week. And think about Rynn as a victim of her abusive mother. No, this is not a girl that knows about sickos always switching cups. I don't believe this.
wreckage3001
New Visitor

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 06:48:43 PM »

Did you know?

According to what I've read, it actually started out as a stage play.  I thought that was kind of interesting.  Makes sense though, considering most of the film takes place in the same room.

Anyway, it was a good film, definitely worth a watch.  I do wonder though, about the mentality of some of the people involved with the production of it.  If you read the trivia section of the imdb, it doesn't sound like Foster had a good time of it.

Can't say I blame her.  And WTF, where did they get a dead hamster?? (shudders)

You can find more details about the Connie situation and what JF said about it on my site. rynnjacobs.blogspot.com
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 03:23:04 PM »

Wpw, I must say, the sheer amount of detail as well as the information you go into on the film is pretty amazing (if a little obsessive.) 

A truly impressive work!

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1976) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.