Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:21:01 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Scariest Video Games You Ever Played « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Scariest Video Games You Ever Played  (Read 12521 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »

this game called 'Alone In The Dark' I used to have on my Playstation...

very creepy and claustrophobic atmosphere to the whole game. even though generally, I'm not a fan of first-person adventure type games. prefer stuff like Mario Kart!

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 06:02:53 PM »

very creepy and claustrophobic atmosphere to the whole game. even though generally, I'm not a fan of first-person adventure type games. prefer stuff like Mario Kart!

Wasn't Alone In The Dark a third-person game?  Just wondering.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 06:47:54 PM »

no, it was an Uwe Bol Movie BounceGiggle
but really, I never heard of the game, any good? Smile

yeah no.
Paquita

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 06:49:08 PM »

I haven't played many games lately, but Fatal Frame 2 was really scary!  I didn't get to play the first one, but from what I heard, I don't know if I want to!  I'm ashamed to admit I couldn't finish it.  I got to the end and at first I couldn't finish because I was scared, then because I got too frustrated, and then I let a friend borrow it and never got it back.

The first Resident Evil is one of my favorites!  It scares the poop out of me!  I used to play it with my friend in the room with me and we would scream like 8 year olds it was so stupid.. I got through it several times though.  I absolutely hated the dog hallway!  It scared me even when I knew it was coming!

Silent Hill was really scary, but it was more depressing than scary.  I think it was the 3rd or the 2nd one where the ending was just really sad.. I just gave up on that series.. scary and sad don't belong together in a game if you ask me.

I know it probably wouldn't scare me now, but I remember The 7th Guest (PC) being very creepy when I was younger.

I don't think I could handle Dead Space.. just seeing the commercials scared me.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 07:26:34 PM »

Wasn't Alone In The Dark a third-person game?  Just wondering.
hmm Im probably getting my 'persons' mixed up. you kind of looked down from above and behind on your character, not 'through their eyes' so to speak...if you've played it you know what I mean :).

@Bull yeah I thought it was pretty good. don't know if there's any newer versions around. playstation 1 is pretty old now I suppose
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 07:29:14 PM by DCA » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Hammock Rider

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 08:57:19 AM »

The original Resident Evil. Call me squeamish, call me a wimp, but that's about as scary as I like them

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 09:22:48 PM »

I've just finished playing Silent Hill 2 and its rather freaky.  I think the prision is the scariest level I ever played.  Stupid soundtrack and invisible enemies in jail cells!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Neville

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 11:22:26 AM »

"Alone in the dark" is an ancient arcade / adventure game. It was released in a number of systems, I owned the MS-DOS version (today it's only playable using DOSBox or similar programs). The perspective it uses is similar to those "Resident Evil" games, and the story touches the haunted house and the Lovecraftian horror themes. The graphics are laughable by today's standards, but it really is an incredible and nerve-wrecking game.

Here's more info and screenshots: http://www.mobygames.com/game/alone-in-the-dark

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 01:57:05 AM »

If you want to check out some really creepy games play the Penumbra series and Amnesia the Dark Decent.
The games may be low budget and indie but the ideas for them are original and genuinely scare the crap out of you. Dead space is scary, but when you dont have any weapons to give you confidence over a enemy you feel the fear more.
Small | Large

Small | Large

Smells like popcorn and shame
BTM

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 11:00:30 AM »

There is a point and click game on www.freewebarcade.com called "Exmortis 2" ~ not to be played with the lights off, trust me on this.  Buggedout Buggedout

Oh, I've played that!  The first and second ones are really scary! 

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 11:16:36 AM »

Well, actually there's several games with that title.  The first three were made in the early 90s, and, although their graphics weren't the greatest, the storyline (at least in the first) had a really creepy, Cthulu-inspired theme to it where you play a detective (or a woman) investigating a haunted house.  It was kind of like a prototype for various other survival horror games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

Then there was Alone In the Dark: The New Nightmare (also called Alone In the Dark 4).  It used a different engine than the other games.  (Never played this one, so I could tell you about it.)

Just to add more confusion the newest games was ALSO called Alone in the Dark (on the PS3 the subtitle Inferno was added.)  Dunno.. never played either, and it looked to me like a case of LGOP (looked good on paper).  I mean, it looks cool, but I've read a lot of negative stuff about it, but heard the PS3 fixes a lot of things, so I dunno.

But the original is definitely worth looking up, if you can get back past the cheesy graphics (characters look a bit like something out of the "Money for Nothing" video).

Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 09:59:06 PM »

The zombies in The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion are scary, and watching them shamble around the Ayleid ruins, (with the ambient lighting and unearthly dark architectures) evokes a feeling of uneasiness.    Going invisible (and walking up close to the zombies to examine their truly disgusting features) will give you the creeps too.  Not exactly scary in the way most of you have described, but a good chill nonetheless.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 08:33:01 AM »

Twisted Metal: Black has some sick, F'd up story lines, as well as some sick graphics, both literal and non literal Buggedout

yeah no.
BTM

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2010, 05:50:44 AM »

Anyone played Rule of Rose for the Playstation 2?  I'm told that was a pretty damn creepy game.

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2010, 07:26:12 PM »

Anyone played Rule of Rose for the Playstation 2?  I'm told that was a pretty damn creepy game.

I haven't, but I do know a bit about it.  It's creepy and its a fantasticing story, but sadly, from what I hear, the controls are frustrating.  Might ruin the experience, but I say give it a shot.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Scariest Video Games You Ever Played « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.