Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:43:52 PM
713352 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Dying Girl, 7, Taunted by Neighbors « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Dying Girl, 7, Taunted by Neighbors  (Read 6896 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: October 08, 2010, 04:55:29 PM »

This is just beyond sick man and very sad someone would resort to these actions...
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/the_edge/dying-girl-taunted-by-neighbors-in-trenton
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 05:00:59 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 06:11:52 PM »

Very sad. There are some truly sick individuals in the world. I hate bullies but I despise adult bullies.   Hatred

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 08:02:46 PM »

Yeeesh. What wicked, petty people.  As we say in Texas, "Hell ain't hot enough for some."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 09:24:54 PM »

I'm thankful it wasn't TRENTON..., New Jersey!!   Bluesad  Hatred
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 02:31:29 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 09:36:53 PM »

I say sue those bastards for all its worth! TAUNTING AT A DYING 7 Yr? BULLs**t!!!!! Hatred Hatred

yeah no.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 10:44:04 PM »

What horrible people.   Hatred 
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 10:51:42 PM »

What horrible people.   Hatred 

Horrible is a good start, but there are other words that I would use, 99% of which wouldn't pass a language filter. No punishment would be good enough for these people.. Hatred

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Dr. Frank N. Furter
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 01:51:22 AM »

Me feelings towards people who would do this can best be summed up by a certain kind of popular TV cyborg:   "EX TER MIN ATE! EX TER MIN ATE!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 07:51:42 AM »

I've had some awful neighbors in the past, none I've hated enough to wish death upon their children.  This is just messed up.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 10:40:29 PM »

It's just like the story about that poor girl who killed herself because she was tricked. By her b***h neighbor pretend to be a boy on the internet and the law didn't do crap about it. Hatred
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 03:49:15 PM »

It's just like the story about that poor girl who killed herself because she was tricked. By her b***h neighbor pretend to be a boy on the internet and the law didn't do crap about it. Hatred

Any law that would curb or abolish online bullying is already in the sights of the Free Speech crowd.   There has already been some debate on the issue of whether or not Online Bullying is Free Speech or not. Once again, it's common sense vs. free speech.

One article brings up that point:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/01/30/scitech/pcanswer/main3768945.shtml

There has to be a balance between online criminal activity and Free Speech.

And like any attempt at balance, (like many other similar issues in the past) this one will most likely be thrown OFF balance by the myriad of special interest groups and their propaganda and projection, claiming that such a bill is a stepping stone to a broader base to remove American Civil Liberties.

It's easy for these people to say, it wasn't THEIR kid who was bullied into suicide.. Hatred

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Jim H

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 04:12:14 PM »

Any law that would curb or abolish online bullying is already in the sights of the Free Speech crowd.   There has already been some debate on the issue of whether or not Online Bullying is Free Speech or not. Once again, it's common sense vs. free speech.

And like any attempt at balance, (like many other similar issues in the past) this one will most likely be thrown OFF balance by the myriad of special interest groups and their propaganda and projection, claiming that such a bill is a stepping stone to a broader base to remove American Civil Liberties.

It's easy for these people to say, it wasn't THEIR kid who was bullied into suicide.. Hatred

There is absolutely no way to properly separate "harmful" internet speech of this type from non-harmful without opening the door to ridiculous abuse - and blatantly violating the 1st Amendment.  It can't be done, and frankly, shouldn't be done.  The extremeness of free speech on the internet is one of its greatest assets. 

Further, if I lie and manipulate peoples emotion's in real life so badly they're driven to suicide, something that likely has happened thousands of times in the past, no one ever gets charged with anything (which, by the way, the mother who made up the boyfriend was charged - by zealous prosecutors bending the Computer Fraud act so far it broke and they lost).  Why is it suddenly so different on the internet? 
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 06:37:21 PM »

The best thing all of us can do is raise our children to be kind - and to know their own worth so well that no heartless words from a stranger can ever make them deny it.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 09:36:32 PM »

There is absolutely no way to properly separate "harmful" internet speech of this type from non-harmful without opening the door to ridiculous abuse - and blatantly violating the 1st Amendment.  It can't be done, and frankly, shouldn't be done.

Divided on this one.

The extremeness of free speech on the internet is one of its greatest assets.

By your opinion then, all forms of extremeness are protected?  If this is your stance, you may not like what I have to say, but I'll try to be as respectful as possible. 

That means then, that despite overwhelming opinion, Bill O' Reilly is NOT responsible for the murder of Dr. George Tiller either.  O' Reilly had as much right to say what he did about Tiller online, and in printed word and book. All are protected under 1st Amendment rights.  This again, by your defense of the "extremeness of free speech."

And if some on the Left are going to blame O'Reilly for the death of Tiller (while allowing this online abuse thing to be defended as 1st amendment freedom) then that is a very blatant and apparent hypocrisy. Again, not saying you personally, (as I don't know your own feelings on either case) but facts are facts: Right or Left, right or wrong, you have the Right To Say.

Further, if I lie and manipulate peoples emotion's in real life so badly they're driven to suicide, something that likely has happened thousands of times in the past, no one ever gets charged with anything (which, by the way, the mother who made up the boyfriend was charged - by zealous prosecutors bending the Computer Fraud act so far it broke and they lost).  Why is it suddenly so different on the internet? 

Aside from the apparent feeling that she had the Constitutional right to abuse a 13 year old girl,  this goes deeper than this...this is an adult woman who should have known better at her age.  That's what bothers me even more than the Free Speech issues.

It's bad enough when kids do this stuff, but adults? I dunno' man... Question

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Jim H

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 09:59:39 PM »

That means then, that despite overwhelming opinion, Bill O' Reilly is NOT responsible for the murder of Dr. George Tiller either.  O' Reilly had as much right to say what he did about Tiller online, and in printed word and book. All are protected under 1st Amendment rights.  This again, by your defense of the "extremeness of free speech."

Legally responsible, no he isn't.  Nor should he be.  At least, of what I can recall about his comments.  If he'd called for his viewers to kill him (Pat Robertson has bordered on doing this once or twice, if memory serves), that'd be different though - and indeed, incitement to violence is usually illegal.  Mostly I recall him saying he thought he was an awful human being who killed babies, basically.  I don't see how what he did could be construed as incitement.  Maybe irresponsible, considering how violent some anti-abortion people are, but that's about as far as I'd go.

And if some on the Left are going to blame O'Reilly for the death of Tiller (while allowing this online abuse thing to be defended as 1st amendment freedom) then that is a very blatant and apparent hypocrisy.

Who did that? 
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Dying Girl, 7, Taunted by Neighbors « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.