Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:39:59 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  THE WALL « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THE WALL  (Read 4068 times)
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 05, 2010, 11:36:09 PM »

In 1980 I was going to Nassau Coliseum and picked up 5 guys hitch hiking to the show. They had Southern Comfort, beer and pot, which I massively partook in on the way (yeah don't drink and drive it's STUPID). I was hoping to find someone with an extra ticket, instead I passed out and woke up at 3am in the emergency room.

I'm a concert goer, my first show was Led Zeppelin in 1977 and I've been hooked since. I've seen all the greats, and some not so greats. But, my only regret was missing the Wall.

Well my one regret in life is wiped, because I saw the Wall tonight at Madison Square Garden. And all I have to say is NUMBER 1 CONCERT EVER! BRILLIANT, AMAZING, Absolutely WONDERFUL!!

If you didn't think it was possible to upgrade from David Gilmore, Roger Waters did by adding GE Smith. I don't think it's possible for Smith to hit a wrong note.

If The Wall comes to your town, SEE IT.

I can't wait for tomorrow's show.
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 07:02:15 AM »

How I envy you, vanlutz, you lucky bastard. I kinda think The Wall is one of the more overrated Floyd albums, but it probably would be incredible to catch it live with Roger Waters. Too bad I live in Cape Breton - there's no way in hell I'd ever get the chance to see it in my neck of the woods.  Bluesad

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 08:19:15 AM »

I'm a concert goer, my first show was Led Zeppelin in 1977 and I've been hooked since. I've seen all the greats, and some not so greats. But, my only regret was missing the Wall.

My first show was a slam banger:  I was 19 in 1983 and I went to Allentown Fairgrounds (Pennsylvania) to see Metallica on their "Kill Em' All For One" tour where they opened for the band I was really there to see, NWOBHM legends Raven.  They were a bunch of wild MF's.. anyone who remembers Raven knows they were crazy as hell (and fun to watch.)

My second show was in 84'. Metallica on the Ride The Lightning tour, with Anthrax and once again, Raven.  The 80's were just the best, and a time I sorely miss.  Cheers

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 09:46:30 PM »

I believe it's coming here, or may have at one point in the past month.  I wanted to go but blew most of my money this year on some other concerts.

Saw a few concerts this year, ranging from metal-ish (Deftones), to Dave Matthews Band, down to Weird Al Yankovic.  Al had the best show. Wink

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 01:26:06 AM »

How I envy you, vanlutz, you lucky bastard. I kinda think The Wall is one of the more overrated Floyd albums, but it probably would be incredible to catch it live with Roger Waters. Too bad I live in Cape Breton - there's no way in hell I'd ever get the chance to see it in my neck of the woods.  Bluesad

Many people believe it's one of their weakest works (including Gilmore). But, I love it. There is not and never will be a "show" that can compete with this spectacle. I saw it again last night, and it's just mind boggling magnificent. I have a ticket for next Wednesday. I'm unemployed, broke and haven't given money for the mortgage in two months. I'm the epitome of the word bum.

bqBHo04-780
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 07:04:14 AM »

My second show was in 84'. Metallica on the Ride The Lightning tour, with Anthrax and once again, Raven. 

I've still got the T-shirt from that tour  TeddyR

I absolutely LOVE The Wall.  Must have watched that movie god knows how many times, and it was the only tape I had in my car for about a year  Thumbup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 09:11:29 PM »

I've heard several people mention The Wall being overrated.  I guess it's the case, but for whatever reason it's my personal favorite album they've put out. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 09:17:00 PM »

My friend is a big fan and sent this, and plans to see the show when it comes by him...
Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 10:20:40 PM »

If your friend decides to go. Tell him to get a ticket across the stage, so he has a full view. The band is not exciting and the view is magnificent from across the way. Just not on the floor, because it's hard to see over a thousand heads.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  THE WALL « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.