Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:07:03 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Ghost Stories, UFO Encounters, Supernatural Happenings. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Your Ghost Stories, UFO Encounters, Supernatural Happenings.  (Read 6203 times)
claws
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 11:22:20 AM »

When I was about four years old my father took me and my one year older sister to a small town that had a tall open stair structure located on a sandy parking space a bit outside town but still on the main road. This thing was pretty high with broad wooden stairs and bulky wooden handrails. Kind of like a square spiral staircase inside a tower, except there was no tower around these stairs. It seemed like it took us forever to reach the top and I recall whining at some point and my father had to carry me the rest of the way up.
The stairs ended on a wooden platform and you had an incredible view above the town. Some time later a cable car that looked like it was made of corrugated sheet iron docked at the platform and a man in a black uniform was standing inside the door. I recall being very scared to step inside the gondola lift because there was an open space wide enough to fall through. My father had to lift me and my sister inside the passenger cabin which was very filthy. Dirt and paper scattered on the floor, no bench to sit on and there was only one small window on the right side.
The man in the uniform didn't speak a word and I remember his jacket had a set of round, ball-shaped buttons in a "V" line on his chest. I don't recall what occurred next but I do remember standing on the platform again shortly after.
My father doesn't recollect our "trip" we took at all but my sister still does to this very day. Though her memory runs blank like mine trying to remember what took place inside the lift and where the hell it was going because there wasn't any mountain/ski resort.
This was when we were living in Louisiana and is one of my strangest childhood memories.
Skull
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 04:53:12 PM »

wow this picture reminds me of the monster in The Unnamable...

(Actually I would like to see a remake to The Unnamable)
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Your Ghost Stories, UFO Encounters, Supernatural Happenings. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.