Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:58:57 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Scenes That Disturbed You « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Scenes That Disturbed You  (Read 16825 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: October 10, 2010, 08:05:22 PM »

Not exactly thinking of scares or murder scenes alone though we can cover that.  Which scenes from movies just made you feel uncomfortable while watching it.

One comes to mind for me in Hellraiser when Frank and Julia have sex right on her wedding dress.  I found this to be the ultimate betrayal of adultery by a character.  Its funny because the blood and guts usually don't come to my mind when people talk about disturbing scenes in the series.  I immediately think of that one. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 09:29:48 PM »

Not exactly thinking of scares or murder scenes alone though we can cover that.  Which scenes from movies just made you feel uncomfortable while watching it.

One comes to mind for me in Hellraiser when Frank and Julia have sex right on her wedding dress.  I found this to be the ultimate betrayal of adultery by a character.  Its funny because the blood and guts usually don't come to my mind when people talk about disturbing scenes in the series.  I immediately think of that one. 

The scene in Horror High aka The Twisted Brain where the guinea pig gets beaten to death by the janitor.

The scene in Pet Sematary 2 when that rotten bastard of a father shoots the kid's dog, Zowie. I don't know what breed he was, but he was a georgeous dog.

The electrocution scene in Nightmare Castle when Paul Muller pulls the switch on Barbara Steele and her lover, and the following scene with the removal of their hearts.

The "Monkey's Paw" story in the final segment of the Tales From The Crypt movie from the early 70's.

I could go on, but here's a few good starters!

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 10:59:49 PM »

The ending of Blue Eyes Of The Broken Doll/House Of Psychotic Women.  The doctor (the main psycho of the movie) goes into the basement of his office where he keeps the eyeless corpse of his daughter.  He embraces her as the cops close in, and the camera lovingly zooms up to her eye sockets, where maggots are squirming inside.

In Thriller: A Cruel Picture/They Call Her One Eye, the heroine is stabbed in the eyeball by her pimp up close (they used a real corpse) as vitreous humor spurts in the air.  Nasty!

The sh*t eating scene in Salo.  It looks so real.. ugh!!!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 12:04:10 AM »

The opening scene from Cliffhanger when the chick falls from the wire.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 06:40:22 AM »

In Faces of Death, when they're at a restaurant and they put a monkey in a cage under the table, with its head sticking up above the table top.  It's frantically turning around and around, making its frantic little monkey noises, and the people take miniature hammers and beat its skull in so they can eat its brains.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jim H

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 11:45:12 AM »

In Faces of Death, when they're at a restaurant and they put a monkey in a cage under the table, with its head sticking up above the table top.  It's frantically turning around and around, making its frantic little monkey noises, and the people take miniature hammers and beat its skull in so they can eat its brains.

On the plus side, at least that scene was fake.  As opposed to the monkey brain eating scene in Cannibal Holocaust.
Neville

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 12:35:05 PM »

The skinning alive scene from "Dagon". Boy, that was uncomfortable to watch. That the victim was some venerable actor I had seen in uncountable movies before made it even worse. How did they dare do that to him!!!

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 01:58:42 PM »

This is going to seem silly. The scene in Raising Arizona when Holly Hunter goes so over the top bawling "I love him so much." I've seen that scene a couple dozen times, because I love that film, but that scene always makes me uncomfortable.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 02:13:10 PM »

The ending of Blue Eyes Of The Broken Doll/House Of Psychotic Women.  The doctor (the main psycho of the movie) goes into the basement of his office where he keeps the eyeless corpse of his daughter.  He embraces her as the cops close in, and the camera lovingly zooms up to her eye sockets, where maggots are squirming inside.

Whoa!  I've heard of this movie ( it's an Italian film, I believe) and I haveyet to see it, but that last scene sounds like a real winner....

In Thriller: A Cruel Picture/They Call Her One Eye, the heroine is stabbed in the eyeball by her pimp up close (they used a real corpse) as vitreous humor spurts in the air.  Nasty!

Dosen't seem nearly as bad as the disemboweliing-enbalming scene from Beyond The Darkness aka Buried Alive. iI won't even watch that one anymore...

The sh*t eating scene in Salo.  It looks so real.. ugh!!!

There was a Thai movie I'd seen a few years back, where a guy was eating what looked like sh*t off of a plate, as part of a game where he would get a reward for each bigger and "better" thing he did for a worldwide online audience. Talk about real-looking... Buggedout

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 05:28:17 PM »

At the end of May when Angela Bettis is laying next to her boyfriend of make-shift pieces, the scene is so heart-wrenching and desperate that it really disturbs me. Being akward and backwards myself, this movie always pulls at me.

Also the movie Happiness pretty much disturbed me throughout the whole thing.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 06:34:53 PM »

There was a scene in Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN where Michael is breaking out of the asylum and is confronted by the old Hispanic janitor who had always been kind to him.  Myers drowns him in a mop sink as the old man pathetically cries "I was always good to you, Mikey!!  I WAS GOOD TO YOU!!!"

Made me shudder.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 08:24:28 PM »

Most of the movie Caligula but especially the part where he violates the newlyweds. 

The Braveheart disembowelment scene always gets me.  Especially right before when those little people do a mock disembowelment beforehand.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 08:32:00 PM »

Whoa!  I've heard of this movie ( it's an Italian film, I believe) and I haveyet to see it, but that last scene sounds like a real winner....

Got a review of that flick under the "Reader Reviews" tab.  It's Spanish and not terribly good but that scene is just nasty without being gory.  Some are more repulsed by the scenes where the gouged eyeballs are carried and dropped in a jar of water (and I used to be) but when you know what real human eyeballs look like these are pretty hokey.

And I totally forgot the scenes in Buio Omega/Beyond The Darkness.  Yucky.. and you actually feel sympathy for the guy when he's gagging on his dinner when thinking about his recent deeds.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:35:46 PM by retrorussell » Logged

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 09:54:33 PM »

Whoa!  I've heard of this movie ( it's an Italian film, I believe) and I haveyet to see it, but that last scene sounds like a real winner....

And I totally forgot the scenes in Buio Omega/Beyond The Darkness.  Yucky.. and you actually feel sympathy for the guy when he's gagging on his dinner when thinking about his recent deeds.

I remember that...he's having flashbacks of the hitchhiker he and his servant dismembered and put into the acid bath. You also feel sympathy for him because he's being manipulated by this housekeeper, who drastically alters his life, and stands in the way during his change of heart (in the final over-the-top scene.)  This was a vicious movie no matter how you slice it.

I have always had a squeamish spot about eyeballs...in another movie called Headless Eyes there's a scene where the killer is talking to an old woman who has an eyeball missing, and you see her open socket when she's talking to him. According to the notes about the film, that was a real woman with a real missing eyeball. Good God!

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Dr. Frank N. Furter
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 11:31:04 PM »

Generally anything with real animals or children being harmed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Scenes That Disturbed You « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.