Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:24:58 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Scenes That Disturbed You « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Scenes That Disturbed You  (Read 16806 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 02:08:14 AM »

The scenes that really disturb me are the ones that reveal the fragility of the human form. I can deal with torture or scenes of explicit gore, but it's when death raises its ugly head in the impartiality of the universe that get me.

SAVING PRIVATE RYAN is filled with moments like this, but there's one scene in particular that really made my stomach drop. Towards the end the soldiers are making "sticky bombs," oil-drenched socks filled with explosives that they can slap on to tanks. One soldier runs up to a tank, slaps the bomb onto it, and at that very moment the bomb explodes. One second there's a breathing human being, and the next there is only liquid goo.

Another is a death scene in FINAL DESTINATION 2. **SPOILERS** One of the characters has just narrowly avoided death by impalement in a car accident. A piece of metal is sticking out of the head piece of the driver's seat. She is counting her luck when for some reason the airbag of the car goes off. The force of the airbag pushes her head back, which is then immediately impaled on the metal. Instant death.

But for the worst of these is probably the end of AFFLICTION. **SPOILERS** Nick Nolte's character has spent his life being terrorized and brow-beaten by his father, James Coburn. At the end, Nolte finally lets his anger take a hold of him and he hits his aged father in the head. The punch irrepairably damages his father's brain, and the father falls to the floor in a death seizure. Watching Coburn having a death seizure on the floor of a cabin is terrifying.

Why, no, Col. Kurtz, I don't want to make a friend of horror.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 12:31:04 PM »

Catriona MacColl waking up in her coffin in City of The Living Dead about to be buried alive.  Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 01:52:33 PM »

The scenes that really disturb me are the ones that reveal the fragility of the human form. I can deal with torture or scenes of explicit gore, but it's when death raises its ugly head in the impartiality of the universe that get me.

SAVING PRIVATE RYAN is filled with moments like this, but there's one scene in particular that really made my stomach drop. Towards the end the soldiers are making "sticky bombs," oil-drenched socks filled with explosives that they can slap on to tanks. One soldier runs up to a tank, slaps the bomb onto it, and at that very moment the bomb explodes. One second there's a breathing human being, and the next there is only liquid goo.

Also, the scene towards the end, where the German soldier they let go once before
comes back, and during a house-to-house fight, overpowers the one soldier and slowly knives him. The German whispers last rites to him as the knife goes deeper until he dies. All the while, the other American soldier cowers in the corner, too petrified to fight back.

After killing him, the German soldier walks slowly down the steps, wipes off his blade, and leaves the other soldier alone, patting him on the shoulder as he leaves.  Quite disturbing.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 08:00:02 PM »

Murphy's death in Robocop.  Still one of the most violent scenes ever captured.   Also the guy who drives into toxic waste and comes out all melty.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:03:37 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 09:15:59 PM »

In Faces of Death, when they're at a restaurant and they put a monkey in a cage under the table, with its head sticking up above the table top.  It's frantically turning around and around, making its frantic little monkey noises, and the people take miniature hammers and beat its skull in so they can eat its brains.

On the plus side, at least that scene was fake.  As opposed to the monkey brain eating scene in Cannibal Holocaust.

Yeah, this is the only movie I squirm at because of that scene and and the other animal deaths, especially the turtle Scene were the turtle is cracked open and its legs and head are chopped off for real! SICK!!!!! Apparently the monkey scene had to be shot twice so two monkeys got killed!!!!  Bluesad

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
3mnkids

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 12:55:11 PM »

Thought of another one.

The scene in Pan's Labyrinth when the guy gets his face smashed in by the bottle. Its so graphic and violent, it makes me shudder.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 03:04:47 PM »

I immensely dug Dagon because it truly capture the theme of the Lovecraft's work which I still find to be one of the most frightening stories ever.  I'd have to say many portions of that film were disturbing.  The toilet swirly scene completely grossed me out. 

Dagon is also honored in the game The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.  There's a misssion called A Shadow Over Hackdirt. In it, a small ruined town in the middle of nowhere is populated by resentful outsiders, whose church has a "Bible Of The Deep Ones" upon it's altar, with ancient runes and English translations of them. If you investigate the dungeons beneath Hackdirt, an awful suprise awaits you...

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 04:58:42 PM »

I didn't like Silent Hill, but that one scene where the big triangle head guy grabs the redheaded lady and pulls all her skin off all at once kind of creeped me out.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 05:38:40 PM »

I didn't like Silent Hill, but that one scene where the big triangle head guy grabs the redheaded lady and pulls all her skin off all at once kind of creeped me out.

Oh yeah.  I remember having to look away at that scene.  That was freaky.

While it doesn't have the same effects on me as the manga did, Uzumaki has a scene where a guy falls and we look at his body, his brains are splattered all over.  More of an eww but creepy none the less.  However the opening of this video (You don't need to watch any further than 18 seconds) on the other hand...

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2010, 06:52:17 PM »

I know it's stupid, but the last ten minutes in The Screaming Skull, to me, it's like going back to Haunted houses (I used to be afraid of them) plus, the Skull in the 300 SL is weird for me. TongueOut

yeah no.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 09:12:07 PM »

Oh silly me!  I almost forgot this:

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2010, 11:50:28 PM »

Thought of another one.

The scene in Pan's Labyrinth when the guy gets his face smashed in by the bottle. Its so graphic and violent, it makes me shudder.

Yeah. That was nasty! It was the Spanish general who didn't believe the
guy was a hunter. He saw the guns and he beat the one guy to a bloody pulp with the bottle 'cause he thought they were Communist rebels.

Another disturbing part was when the father found the living mandrake root undereath the mother's bed, twisting and screaming screaming and crying it's head off.  That was too weird.

The whole movie itself was really weird too. You wondered whether this little girl was really in another world, or just escaping from all going on around her.

And, let's not forget the baby zombie from 2004's Dawn of The Dead remake...

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2010, 12:46:15 AM »

I'm putting this out there, because only a few of you have seen my movie Us Sinners. But, the final two scenes are both shocking and disturbing, and frankly kick the ass of most of the movies you folks are mentioning.

Us Sinners available at Netflix and I just recently signed a worldwide distribution deal with Hart D. Fisher's American Horrors. hot

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Us-Sinners/70123955?trkid=204767
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2010, 11:11:59 AM »

Another good (and disturbing) scene is from a classic Shaw Brothers film called
Avenging Eagle with Shaw legends Ti Lung and the now deceased Alexander Fu Sheng.

In the film, Ti Lung's character is ordered to kill a pregnant woman, despite his pleas for mercy.   Quite unsettling for a Shaw movie.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Raffine

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2010, 06:25:55 PM »

I know it's stupid, but the last ten minutes in The Screaming Skull, to me, it's like going back to Haunted houses (I used to be afraid of them) plus, the Skull in the 300 SL is weird for me. TongueOut

Amen!

I saw this on The Dialing for Dollars Movie* when I was about four years old (!) and that scene in the greenhouse haunted me for years.

* During commercial breaks the host would randomly pick a name out of the Birmingham phone book and call 'em up. If they knew the jackpot amount, usually about 25 bucks, they won!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Scenes That Disturbed You « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.